Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Pistols

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

The_Defender

The_Defender

• 21 posts
I play mostly siege and i agree that pistols are too overpowered and even with an aim accuracy of 60% the bullets allways manage to find you and 60% for a medieval weapon is a lot you're probably kill a duck flying over your character than allways hitting the target but yes its normal that the damage they do is pentration os what it does but it ahould be of slower reloadong and for those naked guys that get a lot of kills just getting a gun and fire run lile hell fire and that is they're game the reload should make them stop so they see how it hurts to take a sword in the stomach ;) just sayan :P

Amamama

Amamama

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 583 posts

Especially since half of the servers is on my ass every time I try to aim for your skull.

ahahaa they are your enemies, not my friends. i have already told you, sweetheart :)

Skull Of Plums

Skull Of Plums

Ancient Member

• 832 posts

It is still a fact. I suddenly gain many more "enemies" when I whip out the gun. :D

Skull Of Plums

Skull Of Plums

Ancient Member

• 832 posts

And now a bit about balance.

As much as I think guns are fun and a great addition,they do need a slight nerf. I am against forcing people to stand still while reloading since this makes guns single shot weapons,and nothing else.

We can either do what vanilla did with bows and crossbows,that is add weight to them to make people carrying bows far slower in combat that those that dont. It doesn't make any fucking sense that a pistol weights as much as a battleaxe,sure,but such is life in the lands of Calradia...

The other idea is to increase their cost BY A BIT - around 200 to 600 gold more. This is so people still have the money to buy a gun and maybe some crappy leather armor,but have to rely on default free weaponry (which is shit) and more importantly they can't buy 2 guns at the same time right at the start. I remember when we had a shootout on the beach where Majcher had the best score pretty much because he abused this and was able to shoot twice (shoot,scroll wheel up,shoot),when everyone else could only do it once before reloading. And due to their current cost,you can comfortably buy 2 guns and run around and abuse your superior speed (you ain't gonna buy yourself a lot of armor,and the guns don't weight a lot at all unlike bows and crossbows), + you can reload on the move so you can kill anyone who is dismounted and has no ranged weaponry.

But please,please,do not make them unbuyable from the start,how are we gonna have shootouts on Arena and Jihadist roleplay if that happens?

Skull Of Plums

Skull Of Plums

Ancient Member

• 832 posts

Also,balance should be discussed properly before we do anything with the pistols. If playing DoW for around a year has taught me anything,it is that what is "balanced",what is "unbalanced",and what is "gay abuse" is going to vary greatly from player to player,so we should all take our time...

Bubba_Johnson

Bubba_Johnson

TG's Video Producer

• 511 posts
  • LocationHackney and sometimes high

In my humble opinion i think that the pistols should have better precision, just a little (raise it like 5% or even 7% or 8%, without reachin the 10%, much more further would be like a musket shoot precision), i think that the current precision it's low even for that kind of fire weapon, but on the other hand these should cost much more money (like 3000 dinars steada 1800) and at the same time lower the damage (lower it like 10%-15% percent), at that time these pistol shooted lead balls that hadn't too power, usually these projectiles couldn't even pierce easily heavy armors or steel armors, just the long-range muskets could pierce heavy armors and cause lethal damage, and the current damage parameters of the Flintlock pistol it's more typical of a musket.

And these pistols used to fail a lot... so a 5% of fail probability would be more realistic i think, but the game doesn't include that parameter, not even in Napoleonic.

A nigga is always an expert in guns, deal with it ;D

• BlackDeath and Amamama like this

Nigga please...

The_Defender

The_Defender

• 21 posts
Yes but if the game portraits medieval times should be at most the arcabuz or the one before that were unstable low on precision can deliver a punch but only in close quarters and dont instakill trough an armor of steel

DarkerPL

DarkerPL

Popular Member

• 59 posts
  • LocationPoland

hahaha-nie.gif

Pistols are just straight luck if you try to shoot from more than like 2 meters away. If the distance is you still can miss shot quite a few times, then escaping with a gun is impossible because you're way slower than a guy that is trying to attack you. You can always take some polearms to have bigger range or take a shield to block most of pistol damage. It's not hard to kill a gunner after maybe a few tries, you're just a bad player.

• Elary and Amamama like this

The_Defender

The_Defender

• 21 posts
Sorry but in siege they have a good aiming bc theyre allways killing people and pistols bypasses the shield and they outrun you while reloading i then go in zig zag when they aim but if they miss they start run again and if it connects it almost kills me even with shield of course if i reach them theyre dead

DarkerPL

DarkerPL

Popular Member

• 59 posts
  • LocationPoland

In siege you can only take a pistol and some shitty free equipment which won't save you unless you're a fucking chosen one, which can block every hit and dodge every shot and that is just impossible, it's really hard to keep a good KD ratio on siege with a pistol especially that only the shitty factions can buy them.

• Skull Of Plums, Elary and Amamama like this

Falcon

Falcon

Popular Member

• 61 posts

The only problem with pistols, as already mentioned by others, is the ability to kite players with it. Force pistols to only be able to be reloaded when stationary and they are much more balanced.

• Joss and MoB_Apfel like this

DarkerPL

DarkerPL

Popular Member

• 59 posts
  • LocationPoland

That's dumb, just make the slow a bit bigger and that's it.

• Skull Of Plums, Elary and Amamama like this

Falcon

Falcon

Popular Member

• 61 posts

That's dumb, just make the slow a bit bigger and that's it.

You are missing the point. I've been against many players with pistols and the fact that if you're using top tier gear against them, with a shield raised, it is ludicrous that you can be killed in a single shot (not to the head even mind you). On top of that, the ability to shoot and run away while reloading and maintain a distance on you to rinse and repeat is just plain silly.

I'm not for reducing the damage as they are pistols but they do need to be nerfed - restricting reload to standing still isn't even that substantial to your average player.

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts
  • LocationBiased Admins Heaven

if u compare the scores, u will almost never see somone using the gun always on top, these guns take time to reload, have bad accuracy, u can even target somone at 1 m and still miss, and even so u can be a naked guy with a good shield and still not die in one blow. if u dont know how to dodge an arrow, u are really unlucky to not be able to dodge a bullet cause this is all about pistol, luck. I think players get upset because is something that can kill them fast without any major skill, it makes them rage.

in this case price can be more expensive than the current price, but if u get any other change to this gun better take it off anyway cause if is changed to worse than now u will simply fill a spot with something useless and expensive.

• ZeArcher, Amamama and Bubba_Johnson like this

giphy.gif

Bubba_Johnson

Bubba_Johnson

TG's Video Producer

• 511 posts

if u compare the scores, u will almost never see somone using the gun always on top, these guns take time to reload, have bad accuracy

Yo gerl pistols are useless to be on the top of the ranking, but they are useful to rob Calradian supermarkets:

(old-as-fuck pic of myself)
ngbbs48a8c9d5d8ebf.jpg

• Skull Of Plums likes this

Nigga please...

Falcon

Falcon

Popular Member

• 61 posts

if u compare the scores, u will almost never see somone using the gun always on top, these guns take time to reload, have bad accuracy, u can even target somone at 1 m and still miss, and even so u can be a naked guy with a good shield and still not die in one blow. if u dont know how to dodge an arrow, u are really unlucky to not be able to dodge a bullet cause this is all about pistol, luck. I think players get upset because is something that can kill them fast without any major skill, it makes them rage.

in this case price can be more expensive than the current price, but if u get any other change to this gun better take it off anyway cause if is changed to worse than now u will simply fill a spot with something useless and expensive.

Could you explain how restricting the reload to the user standing still is such a catastrophic change that the pistol should be removed altogether instead?

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts

Could you explain how restricting the reload to the user standing still is such a catastrophic change that the pistol should be removed altogether instead?

let's compare

ur idea with reloading while standing came from corssbow

crossbow

• accurate aim
  • a lot of demage
  • u dont need to hold to aim, the aim is already set after u reload
  • easy to point
  • easy to reload(now depends on the type, siege takes too long, heavy crossbow it's ok, hunthing crossbow starts to loose too much demage, light is enough fast so low demage is ok)
  • cheap -enough money to get decent armour+mele wep

pistol

• takes time to point the target
  • takes time to reload
  • slow reloading even when running
  • great demage
  • pretty expensive-no money for better armour/mele wep

let's draw a line here and add ur idea :reloading while standing of the it's current time( wich is if not triple, double the amount of time of any type of crossbow)

• after u reload the pistol u cant aim without waiting few fractions of seconds or seconds which in worse case, somone will get u right after u reload
  • like i said above it takes much more time to reload so u will simply die not even halfway in the process, now depending on server
  • worse accuracy of how much the distance getting bigger than 4-6m
  • no money anyway cause is enough expensive to get anything elese better than default armour

Conclusion: u can simply buy crossbow instead, much more advantages not to mention the accuracy and the range it can reach without problem. In this case no one would buy something that wouldn't even give them the chance to kill fast when many are around, let's not forget, these pistols are for weakest factions in game, for what point would u keep them if they are more expensive than a crossbow that does much more.

giphy.gif

Falcon

Falcon

Popular Member

• 61 posts
let's draw a line here and add ur idea :reloading while standing of the it's current time( wich is if not triple, double the amount of time of any type of crossbow)
  • after u reload the pistol u cant aim without waiting few fractions of seconds or seconds which in worse case, somone will get u right after u reload
  • like i said above it takes much more time to reload so u will simply die not even halfway in the process, now depending on server
  • worse accuracy of how much the distance getting bigger than 4-6m
  • no money anyway cause is enough expensive to get anything elese better than default armour

Only the first two points are really applicable to stationary reloading.

Those "fractions of seconds" for aiming is really nothing but fractions that won't, and don't, make much of a difference in-game (the aim time is very similar to that of bows and crossbows).

It's the user's fault if they are in an open position susceptible to ranged fire or melee attack - much like a crossbow user.

Conclusion: u can simply buy crossbow instead, much more advantages not to mention the accuracy and the range it can reach without problem. In this case no one would buy something that wouldn't even give them the chance to kill fast when many are around, let's not forget, these pistols are for weakest factions in game, for what point would u keep them if they are more expensive than a crossbow that does much more.

Pistols should not be weapons that can give people the ability to kill people quickly - I do believe they were not added for that reason but since Khergits and Sarranids are weak factions, as you mentioned.

Bubba_Johnson

Bubba_Johnson

TG's Video Producer

• 511 posts

Ok time to get serious, here's a resume about my point of view about how some changes and modification on the pistol parameters would improve the realism and turn it more practical to use:

1) +15% accuracy
2) +50% money cost (if it was 1800 dinars, then it would be 2700 dinars)
3) -15% damage
4) Same reload time (I find it pretty accurate, and even I'd say that it's a little bit fast in the game compared to how much time would take in the real world, just a skilled shooter would reload as fast as in the game)

Reasons:
1) The accuracy of this pistol is low even for that kind of pistol, sometimes even at a closer distance the shoot fails and it's not related to the shooter skills, just bad luck.

2) It's nice to have the pistol available in the first round at Deathmatch, but for Siege mode I think it should cost a little bit more and it should be a "luxury" item, cause if it's so easy to buy it then Siege server sometimes could look more like 'With Fire and Sword' warband game, these are medieval times even if some cultures like the chinese one invented the first fire weapons and later some arabian countries implanted it as a war weapon, but the use of guns used to be more experimental, cause in big battles they weren't by far as practical as a well-skilled archer, though they were practical to destroy walls or boats with big cannonballs, or inspire fear.

3) The kind of damage that the Flintlock Pistol causes is more related to a musket than to that kind of pistol, it's demonstrated that these projectiles couldn't pierce easily heavy or steel armors, just watch some chapters from the "Deadliest Warrior" season.

4) I've read this info about the reloadin time:

"Three shots a minute with a flintlock was going some; two was more common and the average soldier took even longer. Three shots a minute was fairly common with a percussion musket, but those were not in use in the 18th century (1700's)."

Source: http://www.thehighro...hp/t-54956.html

So I find the reload time pretty accurate, even if some people prefers to be more fast to reload, sorry guys but this pretended to be realist ;)

• ZeArcher and BlackDeath like this

Nigga please...

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts

Those "fractions of seconds" for aiming is really nothing but fractions that won't, and don't, make much of a difference in-game (the aim time is very similar to that of bows and crossbows).

u cant put together crossbow and bow,if you'd play with ranged classes u would know this by now. any bit of a second is important when you reload ur crossbow or bow, same is for pistol, if u see in last minute somone is so near you and to late to draw the weapon u can simply shoot,get enough time to cover up, or even better, kill the enemy before he touches you. the difference in reloading the too is crossbow have sure aim, u don't need to wait for it  when u aim at  a target, with bows is like with pistols, it takes time for the aim to focus on target. Imagine adding this feature to a bow, it would be useless and unrealistic.

It's the user's fault if they are in an open position susceptible to ranged fire or melee attack - much like a crossbow user.

we are not talking here only of siege, there are 3 other servers with this feature , and in 2 of them you cant hide behind a wall and camp a ladder where are more of ur team mates to hide behind. in arena enemy can spawn behind you. in battle, is mostly open field with not as many players. Not to mention the amount of time wasted to run to a save spot until u reload and who knows who sees you and chases you from the shadow to kill you right after you reload.

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users