Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Want make a suggestion for a map/server? post here (thanks allowed too)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
  • LocationBannerlord Heaven

MOUNT AND SEIGE

ANY MAP

I had an idea for a mobile ballista (modeled after the mobile catapult)  to be created and added to some maps for the DEFENDING team's defence:
1)   This could add another dimension for the DEFENDING team's strategy utilizing the mobility of this    
       antiseige weapon.
1A) This could add another dimension for the ATTACKING team if the ballista becomes a threat by adding
       another objective of either having to destroy or occupy (using it to destroy stationary antiseige   
       weapons or a balloon occupied by the defending team ).
2)    It could also allow any non infantry classes to have an opportunity to operate a mobile seige machine
       like the stationary ballista allows.
3)    Maybe the mobile ballista could be placed in a house, structure or ruined structure that's not used
       that's around the outside of a castle or stronghold and maybe could only be accessed initially from
       within the castle or stronghold by way of a passageway, tunnel or something else (there are many
       maps that have these structures in them).   
It would just be a unique addition to the "something different" effect on the maps than what everyone's used to already. I know some players complain about the different and maybe historically inaccurate items in this server, but to me, those things contribute to the uniqueness and the "ahh,that's cool!" appreciation of this server.
KingArthur,maybe you would be interested in implementing this idea. I suggested the idea of a mobile ballista to BlackDeath and he said you would be the one to make it happen. I really appreciate this server and thank you for welcoming and considering our ideas. Ciao!

Too OP, we already edited certain maps as the ballistas are placed too good. Me and merchant had often 80/0 on those maps, placing the ballista at any position will create the same issue.

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio

Forgive me,I'm not sure what OP means. I imagine it has something to do with team balance? I'm sure most maps it may not be suitable for, but maybe on some maps that are unfavorable for defending teams or are just unfavorable to players, I think it may make the map more "interesting" as to even a map that is a popular map, adding this new seige weapon could broaden the dynamics of the seige. Horatius,thanks for the response though;I can understand you admins put alot of thought,time and effort into improving this server;It's obvious that you all do. Ciao!

• Aratar and Pyrrha like this
My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

OP = over powered (for player using it, getting many kills even without being exposed to enemy sometimes)

But... but... why a ballista? I can imagine a player using a "launcher-mobile" :lol: OMG!!! no please!...

I agree with the opinion that siege weapons are well placed in maps, and is enough. I think also that adding more new "scripts" to game only will make that "our" (our because is something familiar already :D) lag increases more, and this is not so good.

Btw thanks for suggest new ideas, and feel free to tell us any that you can think that maybe good ;)

ps: In some maps I use the "catapult" to kill enemies like if it were a tank :tank:

so I say again: it's enough with this "siege-mobile-weapon" and is very funny (in Eilean Donan map by example aiming to hole) :D :loool:

...only mine opinion.

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Aeneu

Aeneu

æ

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 665 posts
  • LocationMoraviæ
Its a nice idea, my friend, tho im afraid that making this will take so much time to realize (i cant even imagine how much), that its very un-economical in these times of waiting the arrival of The Lord of The Banners. But lets wait our king's word.

But if i imagine it for example in Minas, when well placed with the possibility to penetrate 12 targets in a row as any other ballista, could be rly epic ;E
  • KingArthur and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

As aeneu said, it isn't worth to spend time on that now. It's better to spend spare time to prepare for bannerlord and improving what we've.

Lenna

Lenna

Popular Member

• 65 posts

Hi. As I have mentioned in the in-game chat today/yesterday, there is a problem/inconvenience with the spr_viking_keep_destroy object and—respectively—with the maps which comprise it. Here is the description.

Server: Siege
Map: Beacons
Description of the problem: As I stated, the spr_viking_keep_destroy  object allows people (attackers mainly) to just go through the floor and to get to the building; you would say "glitching inside" in game terminology. Not only they can get themselves to the building, they can also hit the attackers (archers/crossbowmen mainly since they are usually using this spot) through that floor or just hit them having the upper part of the body inside and the bottom part of the body outside of the building—Portal-like style, I would say.   

YWR57cw.jpg
PZdcxgh.jpg
0gFuqQq.jpg
KPmUGa8.jpg

The-Shining-Jack-Nicholson-Through-Door.

I really do think that this is something that deserves an attention since the defending archers/crossbowmen have usually no idea what is going on and when the mysterious attacking head suddenly emerges from the floor it is usually too late to do something. As I mentioned, it was today/yesterday since this one particular thing was abused by some players the last time.

Proposed solution: I think there might be two kinds of solution. The first one would be to simply add some asset underneath the floor in order to stop people from doing that—like the spr_barricades_<> or use some wooden objects in order to crate some secondary artificial floor/ceiling underneath since it looks like that the spr_barricades_<> are bound by the Warband physics and do not work very well. The second solution would be to remove the ladder that allows the attackers to get on the roof since the ladder was added within the map edits.

ijuYCqz.jpg

The thing is that although e.g. the Viking Fjord map comprises the same building, there is literally no problem at all on that map since only the defenders are basically using that roof—therefore, no tension.

(TL;DR)
Floor is not what it seems like.

Cheers, Lenna.

Edited by Lenna, 30 May 2017 - 01:22 PM.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

This happens in few wooden-bridges too and by sure you have seen they already and probably in these cases are not so important because others can see players doing it (hided under) and always are far of flag, btw in this report I agree that need be fixed, so I will as soon as I can.

Thanks for info :)

• Lenna and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

Aeneu

Aeneu

æ

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 665 posts
  • LocationMoraviæ
I wish there could be native-compatible way to fix all those glitchy props (which is like 25% of all warband props), but many of them can be fixed by several additional barriers. This viking house issue solution by barriers can be seen i.e. in dragons nest.

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

Can we run  Mount & Siege  Napoleonic server ?

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

Can we run Mount & Siege Napoleonic server ?

We don't have maps so we don't have really anything to compete with.

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

We already tried.

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

We already tried.

We did? :D

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts

SUGGESTION FOR MOUNT AND SIEGE MAPS:

Quite often, players are asking what the name of a map is in Mount And Siege server. At the start of each round, I think it would be good if the name of the map is displayed like it happens as it does at the start of the 1st round. I know the name displays randomly while the round(s) is happening and the map's name can be seen if you go to the Mount And Siege web page (I placed a shortcut of it on my desktop for quick viewing), but some players don't know of this or miss when it displays randomly. Good idea.......yes,no? :hmm:

• BlackDeath, Pyrrha and Mope like this

Aeneu

Aeneu

æ

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 665 posts
  • LocationMoraviæ
Yes, why not, is a fine idea. But better will be the way as GK did in their version of NeoGK - when u open score by hitting [Tab] key, the name of current map is shown bellow the players board.
  • BlackDeath, Mope and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts

Yes, why not, is a fine idea. But better will be the way as GK did in their version of NeoGK - when u open score by hitting [Tab] key, the name of current map is shown bellow the players board.

Yeah,that would be good too. Ciao!

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Some players asked me in last days about our old Saturday's Journeys server that we had for weekends and how it was "somehing specially fresh" to play...

Well, I suggest make an only-for-events-maps list (think that 5-6 maps are enough for this purpose), and have these as something separated, for easy job with them, making some "special" between (or aside from) normal maps in rotation and to avoid happened with that damn chest :D

Then we could add (again, only for these maps) things that aren't normal in other current siege-maps, as this "magic" chest... and more  :crazy:

Some maps suggested (should be edited a little more for this still):

• Myniw Fort: nice little map for "gun's events"
  • Lakeside Reduced (nor Redoubt): would be same map but edited deleting/changing some things, nice and good for "prehistoric age's events" with torches+stones
  • Castle of Manzanares: Very Big map, maybe good for intense fight events with +170 players, now has ballon for easy "attempts" for attackers can reach flag
  • Kyuto Castle: matches perfectly for "Samurai's thematic" events
  • Der Process: little "Castle on Island" map for more intense fights yet due to its reduced size of the map

...feel free to add some more that you like, we could decide about it later :)

• Aeneu and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts

Some players asked me in last days about our old Saturday's Journeys server that we had for weekends and how it was "somehing specially fresh" to play...

Well, I suggest make an only-for-events-maps list (think that 5-6 maps are enough for this purpose), and have these as something separated, for easy job with them, making some "special" between (or aside from) normal maps in rotation and to avoid happened with that damn chest :D

Then we could add (again, only for these maps) things that aren't normal in other current siege-maps, as this "magic" chest... and more  :crazy:

Some maps suggested (should be edited a little more for this still):

• Myniw Fort: nice little map for "gun's events"
  • Lakeside Reduced (nor Redoubt): would be same map but edited deleting/changing some things, nice and good for "prehistoric age's events" with torches+stones
  • Castle of Manzanares: Very Big map, maybe good for intense fight events with +170 players, now has ballon for easy "attempts" for attackers can reach flag
  • Kyuto Castle: matches perfectly for "Samurai's thematic" events
  • Der Process: little "Castle on Island" map for more intense fights yet due to its reduced size of the map

...feel free to add some more that you like, we could decide about it later :)

That damn chest...Lol :loool: , I appreciated honestly, especially since I had a "WOW, LOOK WHAT I FOUND!" moment and after playing the map or spectating it many times, saw that hardly any players knew of it too; which, for someone (me) with a 140 ping provided a bit of balance. But, I could see players with much lower ping having a very strong advantage; then again, maybe not; I say maybe not because: 1) The item could be acquired only just one time per map, not per round but per map, unlike the normal chests that can be broken open; 2) As Horatious said in the unbanned forum, some items didn't really work, or he said something close to that. The javelin arrows were interesting, although I'm not sure if they worked; maybe like the fire arrows/bolts where once I killed 2 guys at once (the flame must've made contact with the guy close to the guy I hit :crazy:). I very honestly thought the map maker just put the chest there for an "interesting" and clever thing to make the map unique from the all other maps. And yes, BlackDeath, the Castle of Manzanares would be very fun I think for 150+ players. Maybe also not enable class limits, so I can play in it, please. :archer-men:  The intense fights on big maps idea is a good idea. Really enjoy this server!! Thanks admins! Ciao

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

@Chivalrous, I was who put that damn chest in map after last edition I made on it, because I was looking for some new nice and diferent chest for "scenary", so it was my "double" error+mistake (plus that I didn't know any about this still). Never I thought what this chest could have inside  :D

Btw Beacons map hasn't this chest any more, but you can enjoy it in arena, where there are a map (The Arena) which it has 3 chests like this   :crazy:

About fire ammo (arrows, bolts): you have all when install TrollPatch, (but for sarranids/rhodoks only) so don't need any special to have it, and is best range-ammo to destroy shields  ;)

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts

@Chivalrous, I was who put that damn chest in map after last edition I made on it, because I was looking for some new nice and diferent chest for "scenary", so it was my "double" error+mistake (plus that I didn't know any about this still). Never I thought what this chest could have inside  :D

Btw Beacons map hasn't this chest any more, but you can enjoy it in arena, where there are a map which it has 3 chests like this   :crazy:

About fire ammo (arrows, bolts): you have all when install TrollPatch, (but for sarranids/rhodoks only) so don't need any special to have it, and is best range-ammo to destroy shields  ;)

Oh, it was YOU... :beerbeer:  Yeah, I have the patch; Fire ammo is all I use when I'm either of those factions. It's not just what these arrows/bolts can do, but it's the effect of them you get to see when the enemy gets hit that's amusing: they flail around like a rag doll, are stunned sometimes, and not to mention when you achieve a :punch: fatal hit! :P  Ciao!

• BlackDeath likes this

MrBasso

MrBasso

• 29 posts

Hey There ! i suggest if you Guys could add an Ranked Server's with Levels Or Rewards Like cRPG , i knew that you can do such thing its in your hands That means Player Player Hard to get an Better armors and Better weapons . also You can make an Favorite class Such as Inf. Or Archer Or Chiv. So That would make the game More and More Realstic .

Also I Wish if there A High Level General That Leads Your Mean To the Battle .

That would make the game Really an enjoyable much more .

Also if There an Anticheat or something to avoid these players who's using Aimbot , Autoblock Programs That would be Great .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users