Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Want make a suggestion for a map/server? post here (thanks allowed too)

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

Outdoor added in Hailes, good only for horsemen  :lancer2:  , since is only to go out and you can't use it to enter again to castle.

It works same than others for this purpose in other maps.

Will be updated in next restart of server (wednesday - night) <<< just updated

:)

Davis

Davis

Night's Guardian

• 161 posts
  • LocationSomewhere outta space

Dumb question...but i was wondering myself (i have to admit, that maybe it isnt technically possible, but that's why i am asking) why i couldn't create vorbis-ogg-datas by myself and overwrite them with the "cough"-data. Would these audios listenable for all other players in the serves?  :D  just curious ;)

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Dumb question...but i was wondering myself (i have to admit, that maybe it isnt technically possible, but that's why i am asking) why i couldn't create vorbis-ogg-datas by myself and overwrite them with the "cough"-data. Would these audios listenable for all other players in the serves?  :D  just curious ;)

No, only on your side.

• Davis likes this

Davis

Davis

Night's Guardian

• 161 posts

No, only on your side.

haha :D thanks for the answer..would have been to nice :D

Merchant

Merchant

Popular Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 52 posts
  • LocationPraven

Hey guys

Today the map "Reclamation" was on, and i've noticed several players complaining about the ways to get inside the castle. Apparently there are only 2 ways as the siege tower and the backladder (not counting the gate since it has to be opened by attackers that reach the gatehouse, and in some cases they can't even get there xd). This makes the castle really hard to capture, especially strong factions like nords are defending the castle.

It would be great if another way to enter the castle is added, maybe a ladder/door for the left Wall (from attacker's left) or some sort of a tunnel leading in?

Once the Merchnat, Always the Merchnat !

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

No, that map is balanced. Players always complain. We edited maps in past based on complains and today we've a lot of defensive weak maps. Players should learn to do teamwork and fight together to achieve the target.

And stop with these fucking tunnels trend.

• BlackDeath, Horatius, Helgisa and 2 others like this

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio

No, that map is balanced. Players always complain. We edited maps in past based on complains and today we've a lot of defensive weak maps. Players should learn to do teamwork and fight together to achieve the target.

And stop with these fucking tunnels trend.

I totally agree with you KingArthur. Tunnels are "interesting" and SHOULD NOT be on very many maps (as can be sensed by KA's last sentence) ; they do make a map unique. Maps should not be clones of each other. I know of a map me and Horatius were playing and in chat agreed that it would be good and fun adding a balloon to it, I forget which one it was though; I don't think it was Reclamation. Even adding a balloon, I'm sure needs to be done with caution. I sometimes hate playing the Turin Castle map because there are no anti siege weapons (unsure if the admins are aware) to take the balloon down; I say SOMETIMES because other times the map plays well. Understand, I'm not asking for anti siege weapons to be added to the map. I'm only stating my opinion and the awareness of this. Thanks. Saluti!!

My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

In last week/s I was playing as defender (only) for some days, to "see/feel" by myself how is to defend flag and lost many times because bad strategy is (or how hard is) on this side, and after this I think:

Should be good keep balance towards defender's side (a little bit more only)?...

since attackers win many times (+75% you know) and then force to them (attackers) to work a little bit more to get flag.

This can give a chance to learn how to defend better for people playing as defender, and at same time give to attackers a game something more hard to get flag, because now it seems to easy to win in general.

Btw someone can think counter to this, and wish opposite thing for what I say (I know :D)

ps: Is only a suggest, and I say this from my "defender's side" mind and as if I were a new user of warband starting joining to MP (in last days I saw many of them :) )

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts
  • LocationBiased Admins Heaven

I don't know if is the right topic, but it;s about an arena map which needs some fixing at the spawns. Kilimajaro's Arena , map from TG Arena, seem to have an issue with the spawns. Sometimes players get spawned outside the arena and they can't go back. I guess the one who made the map forgot to set one of the spawns to 0 and it randomly spawn you on the map.

Edited by BlackDeath, 03 October 2017 - 02:49 PM.
moved here :)

giphy.gif

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

I don't know if is the right topic, but it;s about an arena map which needs some fixing at the spawns. Kilimajaro's Arena , map from TG Arena, seem to have an issue with the spawns. Sometimes players get spawned outside the arena and they can't go back. I guess the one who made the map forgot to set one of the spawns to 0 and it randomly spawn you on the map.

Fixed, will be updated in next respart of server (maybe tonight), thanks for info.

edit: Updated

Edited by BlackDeath, 04 October 2017 - 04:07 AM.

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio

SERVER: MOUNT AND SIEGE

MAP: NAIRUT PATROL

Could you please replace the far launcher, the one that launches stones, with a ballista? The range that this launcher has is pretty minimal and so not very effective. I don't think replacing it with a ballista would be OP as the location is still very exposed to enemy archers. Thanks, hope you will do this.

• Davis likes this
My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

SERVER: MOUNT AND SIEGE

MAP: NAIRUT PATROL

Could you please replace the far launcher, the one that launches stones, with a ballista?

Ok, we can try to see if improve for defenders, no problem. Will be active after next restart.

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Davis

Davis

Night's Guardian

• 161 posts

Do you know the spot, where the attackers can get into the first circle of "Broch"? It is the spot on the right side, where you get through the damaged wall over the roof into the circle. I see other players getting stuck between roof an wall and i was personally often stuck there. screenshots coming soon, if you dont know where this spot is.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Do you know the spot, where the attackers can get into the first circle of "Broch"? It is the spot on the right side, where you get through the damaged wall over the roof into the circle. I see other players getting stuck between roof an wall and i was personally often stuck there. screenshots coming soon, if you dont know where this spot is.

Think I know, but I will wait screenshots, thanks :)

Lenna

Lenna

Popular Member

• 65 posts

(1) Server: Siege
Map: Roasted Pig
Description of the problem: There is a significant space between the barrels and the wall nearby that causes many players to stuck. It happened to me quite a few times and I witnessed many players being stuck here as well.

UKVb5Ld.jpg

Spoiler

Proposed solution: Move or replace the barrels so there won't be a gap anymore.

(2) Server: Siege
Map: Hookah and (possibly) all the newly added maps
Description of the problem: The map-showing-name feature underneath the scoreboard is really neat. Sadly, in case of the Hookah map (and in a case of all those newly added map, I suppose)  the map name doesn't appear at all.

z4rb84k.jpg

Proposed solution: Just provide the map names for all those newly added maps.

(3) Server: Siege
Map: Peaks of Interest
Description of the problem: Recently, I was playing on quite an old PC (LGA 775 socket) with an integrated graphics and on the Peaks of Interest map there was by far the worst fps drop you could experience on a map from the current roster. Even on a never system, there still is this fps drop, although not that significant (measuring absolutely). So, the issue would be performance (in some cases and—maybe—for some people). I do believe that there are two things that distinguish this map from the other ones. The size of it (check the terrain code) and the presence of a large forest in the background.

tIxvbpV.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Proposed solution: Well, I did some tests and you can gain only a few fps by deleting all those trees so it's more likely the map size that may cause the older systems to struggle so this situation may not have a solution. But if you delete all those trees—which are mostly hidden and thus not really necessary—you can reduce the .sco file size by about 100 kB from the original +400 kB (which is one of the largest file sizes from the all maps). Even if this doesn't fix the potential performance issue completely, it would make the map load about 25% faster so the people wouldn't have to wait that long in case of a new download of that one particular map from a server. But you decide if it's worth it.

Lenna

• BlackDeath, LizardWizard, Helgisa and 1 other like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

@Lenna Thanks for info/help

• 1- will be fixed <<< done
  • 2- wait for KingArthur, he will fix this
  • 3- many trees will be deleted, and maybe some minor mayor changes too <<< done (old file size 412 kb - new size 334 kb)

Easy fast hint for increase performance at the expense of losing something in graphics (not so much):

• change DirectX from DX9 to DX7 in main (first) game screen options, maybe help.

* will be updated in next restart of server

Edited by BlackDeath, 20 October 2017 - 06:12 PM.

• Helgisa and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

@Lenna Thanks for info/help

• 1- will be fixed <<< done
  • 3- many trees will be deleted, and maybe some minor mayor changes too <<< done (old file size 412 kb - new size 334 kb)

Maps Updated <<<

• Helgisa likes this

Snow Mexican

Snow Mexican

Popular Member

• 99 posts
  • LocationOn the Border of Canada and USA

Please bring back Bad Banquet in arena, yes the map may have been bad but i'm competently sick of Cav and Archers on Deathmatch. It is a good map for infantry!

Lenna

Lenna

Popular Member

• 65 posts

Server: Siege
Map: The Wall
Description of the problem: I always wondered how the attackers can take the checkpoint or flag so fast on this map. The thing is that there is a particular spot on the mentioned map which allows you glitching inside a structure and, subsequently, getting inside the keep by simply walking through the wall (see the .gif included below). You can get inside the structure or on top of the structure—it depends on how you abuse it; but the result is pretty much the same. Spawn as an attacker, take an elevator, slide down the hill to the defenders' side, glitch inside… and so on.

LexbHjK.jpg

(GIF, approx. 9 MB)

Spoiler

Proposed solution: Well, this proposal could ruin the fun for some players so sorry for that in advance, but adding some invisible barriers or objects or reshaping the terrain could be the possible ways to go since taking the flag, checkpoint and killing the unaware defenders are the things for which this glitch is being abused; that's the reason why I'm posting it here.

• BlackDeath, Aratar, LizardWizard and 2 others like this

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 693 posts
  • LocationOz

TrollGame's official QA tester

nice find

• BlackDeath and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users