Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Maps needing balance/fix

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

Adding few more info-help using siege weapons to destroy walls or enemy weapons:

• Only 1 shot from catapult or trebuchet to another trebuchet (enemy) is enough to destroy it, if you hit it properly ofc, and if fails maybe because lag, or because you need little bit more precission aiming it (use B key for better/slower aim, as @Lenna said above)
  • Not all walls can be destroyed in all maps, this depends of what was the idea of author, and how much walls he enabled to be destroyed, and at same time, not all walls have same hp value. As a standard or default, central/frontal builds/walls like gate have higher hp, and all at sides are decreasing in hp, proportionally to distance of gate (more far from gate = more weak)
  • Finally, add to this that I said above: lag sometimes causes that shots fails, so maybe you need more hits to destroy a same wall, in diferent ocassions that you can play that same map.

understand better now? :)

Kapitan_Pronin

Kapitan_Pronin

• 13 posts

I think that if everything is fine with you, then my hands are crooked. Good luck

Baron_Jan_Willem_XVII

Baron_Jan_Willem_XVII

• 13 posts

Extra layer of defense in Beach Defense is too potent. Need to keep in mind that a lot of people aren't that skilled, does it matter much if people beat a siege quickly? Some bit of fun for them, not so much for siege defenders. But it is not going to be a whole lot of fun if the defenders keep winning consistently due to too much choke points and barriers in place, balancing goes in favour of the defenders lately.

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
  • LocationBannerlord Heaven

Extra layer of defense in Beach Defense is too potent. Need to keep in mind that a lot of people aren't that skilled, does it matter much if people beat a siege quickly? Some bit of fun for them, not so much for siege defenders. But it is not going to be a whole lot of fun if the defenders keep winning consistently due to too much choke points and barriers in place, balancing goes in favour of the defenders lately.

Because the attackers win 70-90% and beach defense has a really high defender loss rate.
  • KingArthur and BlackDeath like this

GrafBlade

GrafBlade

• 10 posts
  • LocationNorthern Germany

It also comes down to something like "get used to how to defend this map"-stuff.

On a run yesterday (Vaegirs defending vs Rhodoks) we've captured the castle quite fast (with like 5 minutes to go) as we made a massive attack from the left side, which was sparsely defended by Vaegirs. We took out

half of their ballistas and their archers sitting at the inner ring and we won easily.

Next round they were prepared and had a way better balance in their concentration on choke points. And if Vaegirs are getting this done then it's almost impossible to capture any "castle" from them.

Saying this to clearify that Beach Defence is definitely easier to defend now, but let's see how this works out on other faction combinations.

Nevertheless, I also agree that placing barriers and stuff shouldn't be overdone, especially on maps where no life-limit is given to defenders (Or like 8 lifes :( that's not helping at all :(

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

I think the balance is ok now. All wooden barriers can be destroyed. Plus, the map was played with 160 players yesterday.

Falcon

Falcon

Popular Member

• 61 posts

If the gatehouse is destroyed on Sebun the healing well for some reason no longer works, other walls/towers on the map being destroyed don't seem to cause that problem - just the gatehouse.

Baron_Jan_Willem_XVII

Baron_Jan_Willem_XVII

• 13 posts

Map named Reclamation needs more anti-cav measures on spawn for siege team, today. Cav kept spawn killing to no end because it was swadians as defense vs sarranids as siege. Made the match not fun at all whatsoever. This has been a continueing problem that I haven't seen fixed yet.

GrafBlade

GrafBlade

• 10 posts

I'd like to request to enable gate opening from both sides for defenders.

The maps I have in mind right now are Peaks of Interest and Dara Castle.

Peaks: The new destroyable gate infront of flag can only be opened from the flag side from defenders. So if flag is in danger at the beginning via tunnel (esp. with Nords as attacker) they make a fast and hard push

to flag with only a few experienced defenders noticing it. Once others notice they stay infront of that gate (from the outer side) but can't open it. So they have to take an extra way to defend their own flag, using

the side doors.

Dara: The destroyable gate protecting the flag yard. Attackers do a mass attack on tunnel and most defenders again don't even know about that way and take it the actually logical way and go the outer wall to defend

this one. Back gets overrun and defenders suddenly stay infront of a closed gate they can't open (to get to the flag yard). Round over.

The question behind my thoughts is simple: Why aren't defenders able to open their own gates from the outer side? (at least on this 2 maps) I don't see a reason for this.

• Remono and MoB_Apfel like this

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

I'd like to request to enable gate opening from both sides for defenders.

The maps I have in mind right now are Peaks of Interest and Dara Castle.

Peaks: The new destroyable gate infront of flag can only be opened from the flag side from defenders. So if flag is in danger at the beginning via tunnel (esp. with Nords as attacker) they make a fast and hard push

to flag with only a few experienced defenders noticing it. Once others notice they stay infront of that gate (from the outer side) but can't open it. So they have to take an extra way to defend their own flag, using

the side doors.

Dara: The destroyable gate protecting the flag yard. Attackers do a mass attack on tunnel and most defenders again don't even know about that way and take it the actually logical way and go the outer wall to defend

this one. Back gets overrun and defenders suddenly stay infront of a closed gate they can't open (to get to the flag yard). Round over.

The question behind my thoughts is simple: Why aren't defenders able to open their own gates from the outer side? (at least on this 2 maps) I don't see a reason for this.

Because there is no such advanced system as a key, so you can only open a gate from 1 side when it is closed.

I think warband native doors are made like this,

def can open both ways->att cannot open from both way

def can open 1 way->att can open 1 way (same way).

don't think that a combo of this exists, KA needs to correct me on that tho.

GrafBlade

GrafBlade

• 10 posts
@Horatius

That's exactly the point I concluded my thoughts from: If I can open doors from both sides as defender, why shouldn't this work for
Gates as well?

And yes, a combination would be the best, like Defenders can open from both sides, attackers only from the inner side :)

phil-x

phil-x

Advanced Member

• 31 posts
  • LocationKingdom of Luxembourg

Hey,

i just played on the server and there was a map called "Sykarnom". The map is really bad, the attackers dont have a good chance, some attackers were just camping gate, also there are tons of glitches on this map as other players also complained about the map during the stay. I really don't like the map, it looks also pretty weird and the surroundings dont fit to the "town, castle?". ... I lost interest in playing because of that bad map and the unbalance going on.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

a map called "Sykarnom". The map is really bad, the attackers dont have a good chance, some attackers were just camping gate

Do you mean that attackers can't win? this map was always bad for defenders, never for attackers, and was re-edited many times to improve balance for defenders (and I think that is not balanced at 100% for them still)

phil-x

phil-x

Advanced Member

• 31 posts
  • LocationKingdom of Luxembourg

Hey,

ok that might be then, but that time the Defenders had the better players and there was litterally nothing happening for attackers, either they got killed by glitches (door glitch, made it hard to even get in from breakable door side+they camped gatehouse so that the other side also was closed all the time. If the gate is open it might be balanced. So it depends, but i still dont like the map that much. It's just kinda boring and the surroundings dont fit to the town.

I meant defenders in my first post sry (Defenders were camping gatehouse)*

Falcon

Falcon

Popular Member

• 61 posts

The bullet launchers on Mud Gate should be replaced, they're far too OP for both attackers and defenders. Usually attackers end up being spawn killed until the checkpoint is reached and it's far too easy later on as an attacker to spam the flag area with it. They shouldn't be on any map imo.

• Amamama and Remono like this

Remono

Remono

M&S police guard

• 63 posts
  • LocationBern

I'd suggest to replace them with arrow/spear launchers. Still powerful but not as abusive as gun launchers.

edit: same could be done on overseers post where the launcher is basically a spawnrape

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

The bullet launchers on Mud Gate should be replaced, they're far too OP for both attackers and defenders. Usually attackers end up being spawn killed until the checkpoint is reached and it's far too easy later on as an attacker to spam the flag area with it. They shouldn't be on any map imo.

This things are good-practice for the attackers (captains) "change" their poor mind onboard ships, moving them straight to front of map...

Is easy to avoid launchers/catapults by landing ships at sides (little bit far of center) of map.

edit: same could be done on overseers post where the launcher is basically a spawnrape

this map is disabled until we can edit/fix this and more

Falcon

Falcon

Popular Member

• 61 posts

This things are good-practice for the attackers (captains) "change" their poor mind onboard ships, moving them straight to front of map...

Is easy to avoid launchers/catapults by landing ships at sides (little bit far of center) of map.

Yes there should be a penalty for mindlessly taking the ships forwards but bullet launchers are completely broken, they're practically a 1 shot instant kill. As Remeno said, arrow or spear launchers would be more suited - they would still make ship landing positions important. It also doesn't help that trolls often try to take the boats back towards the spawn and landing right at the front is the only option, people shouldn't be punished for that by OP launchers.

Kapitan_Pronin

Kapitan_Pronin

• 13 posts

A map with two treb and a flag on the mountain with a gate. It is necessary to remove respawn from the flag area. When the server 100+ players on this card is difficult to go to gate itself, and when you reach the flag, then there are already two-handed fighters who is re-emerged. It's card, when more players, is impossible to capture.

Hadrian’s Wall - yesterday there was a bug with the destruction of the gate with 2 or the 3 hit from it at treb. The picture of the gate was broken and it was impossible to destroy it. Outside the gate became transparent, it was impossible to get out of them when entering

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

A map with two treb and a flag on the mountain with a gate. It is necessary to remove respawn from the flag area. When the server 100+ players on this card is difficult to go to gate itself, and when you reach the flag, then there are already two-handed fighters who is re-emerged. It's card, when more players, is impossible to capture.

Hadrian’s Wall - yesterday there was a bug with the destruction of the gate with 2 or the 3 hit from it at treb. The picture of the gate was broken and it was impossible to destroy it. Outside the gate became transparent, it was impossible to get out of them when entering

First map, we have a few of these maps. Which do you mean?
Second map, you have screenshots of this? I have never heard this before, neither seen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users