Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Besieged castle - fix spawn points please (closed)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

The defenders are literally spawning too close of the flag. Also please add ladders here so that people can walk up 

https://i.imgur.com/FnMIcuw.jpg

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

You can go up from many ways in map, explore and fight to get positions moving forward and hold these for your team... (roofs, walls at sides, back ladder, etc...).

Siege maps are not intended to go/move straight ahead to flag from center, all maps have many ways to go there (reach flag), some are easy and some not so easy.

• DracoTheDragon likes this

Pêche

Pêche

Legendary Member

• Supporter
  • 230 posts
  • LocationBelgium

They spawn near the flag but if you "afk" there like more than 5 secs, you'll insta die.  :headshot: :archer-men:

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

In that map there seem to be 3 proper ways to go to the flag. Center (the bad choice) right ladder and walking on the destroyed wall. Best imo. Most are going that way and because the enemy is spawning all around the flag. They can very easily protect it. They are also spawning behind the attacking enemy who is in the crossfire and the archers can spawn to the points where attacking enemy don't have access. (that's why I am requesting the ladders)

Then if you wanna go left, you need to walk through the ruined center area and be vulnerable meanwhile you cross the center area and you are forced to walk quite long distance. 

This map just is bad. It's not a siege since the castle is already destroyed and attackers cannot kill defenders so fast they are spawning to the flag. 

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Here you have some ways where to move. The circles are good to hold positions and/or keep the pressure on enemy attacking with ranged troops (mainly at back-sides over hills (rocks), sure you have used many of these already.

Attached File  besieged.jpg   79.63KB   0 downloads

• DracoTheDragon likes this

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

Yeah, as I said. if you are not going to walk 2km every time, you cannot go expect on 1 path (right wall).  Most of those your circled areas are useless for archers because the defenders are already on flag. They have no reason to go anywhere else. They are safe there. No one can shoot there from distance, cause the area is not visible from many places. So the archers are shooting only those noobs who are coming out from the perfect camping place.  Imagine that blue area filled with all 50-100 camping defenders...

The reason for the ladder is that there is also a perfect hole to shoot arrows from left near the flag. He is perfectly also safe and from the small window he has a good view to everyone who is approaching from right wall. So that's why I hope the ladders at least would be added. 

oAEqhMu.png

Pêche

Pêche

Legendary Member

• Supporter
  • 230 posts
  • LocationBelgium

The only good thing on your beautiful drawing is the location of the flag.  :lol:

• Marcel likes this

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

Yeah, it's based on the estimations, because I've only played as an attacker. So the fact is that all attackers at least spawn in that green area. (Or it has to be a very rare phenomenon that someone is spawning somewhere else.) However the fact at least based on my experience is that the def is always camping on that small area. Only when you meet them somewhere else is at the start of the round and when they are walking that short path to the area. (that gives them nice opportunity to backstab attackers who are attacking from the right wall.)

If you look little about the original drawing you see how stupid is the path people have to walk if they wanna attack from the left wall. They need to go very close to the area where all defenders already are and then they need to go back. It makes no sense. That's why it's very rare that anyone is using it. 

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

I don't go imagine all ranged in attackers shoting arrows to that "little" blue place at flag :D ...won't be balanced, don't you think?

The reason for that circled places that I've draw is for attackers hold these positions when owned, to help infantry go ahead more easily, not to shot directly to defenders at flag :rolleyes:

One thing I forgot to say (about you have posted), behind attackers spawns is impossible place for defenders trying to reach this back to spawnkill them, because maps ends there (back line of attackers spawn).

In siege only a good teamwork wins, whether you're an attacker or a defender.

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

Yeah, but there is no problem reaching those holding points. I've seen that the defenders will give all that to attackers and it won't hurt them at all. It's the tactic of a burnt country. Attackers must walk and jump all those obstacles to go anywhere near the flag where they will be killed because it's overpopulated. 

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Well, this is the game, it's not always easy to get what you want, just like you won't always have a good team at your side.

It is also preferable and more playable to have more opposition to get it (or defend) than to leave the "doors open"...

When you always win easily, the game becomes boring soon... for all, attackers and/or defenders.

We try to make/re-edit/improve maps for all situations:

• playing with few players (-60)
  • playing with many players (+100)
  • playing overpopulated (near 200 top players)
  • balanced for defenders (example: many barricades/obstacles inside, many doors to destroy, some siege weapons to help agains enemy at distance... long etc.)
  • balanced for attackers (example: many entry ways, not so far from spawn place, some siege weapons to destroy walls...)

and this is not easy to always get at the same time.

ps: I know that there are some maps hard for attackers, but think that most of maps are more easy for attackers too, so letting some hard is like keep a "balance", generally talking if you play all maps in rotation.

• Lenna and Pêche like this

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

Okay, maybe that's fair. I've already seen few maps that are ridiculously easy for attackers. 

• BlackDeath likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Enjoy then... :bienvenido:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users