Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Photo

New maps for Commander battles

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Daki

Daki

Legendary Member

• Ex Staff
  • 345 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Commander battles have very few maps in its circulation. Maybe some of you guys who make maps are maybe interested in making a new map or two for this server. These maps dont have to be nearly as complicated and detailed as the ones for Siege. If you go to battle server youll see these maps are rather open and big with few ruins and dominating features such as rivers, bridges and hills for defence. 

Maybe some new, fresh maps would make it fun. Maybe even some enclosed maps such as town square fighting or smt.

@Leprikon looking at you :)

• DaRedViper likes this

Ayna

Ayna

Advanced Member

• 68 posts

When map polls were enabled, we used to play many maps from arena or battle lists, and that was very funny for me. Imagine captain battle on Bad Banquet or on that map with cliffs and abyss. :lol: The problem was that many people disliked it. I have no idea why <_< But i agree it would be nice to have some enclosed maps where good cavalry would be not superior class.

May be you will enable that polls or add that maps to list from time to time, as events? ^_^

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• Server Admin
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSweden

Making simple mapscenes is easy but they would only be variations of different landscapes with different textures and an ai-mesh overlay. To make a mapscene interesting and replayable you usually need a human element, like a few buildings, ruins or farms. That always takes time to make because you have to place many relevant objects and then optimize the ai-mesh around it so that bots don't run into walls and such.

But don't worry, a few more mapscenes is in the works..

• Daki likes this

Daki

Daki

Legendary Member

• Ex Staff
  • 345 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Making simple mapscenes is easy but they would only be variations of different landscapes with different textures and an ai-mesh overlay. To make a mapscene interesting and replayable you usually need a human element, like a few buildings, ruins or farms. That always takes time to make because you have to place many relevant objects and then optimize the ai-mesh around it so that bots don't run into walls and such.

But don't worry, a few more mapscenes is in the works..

Like the sound of that :)

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• Server Admin
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSweden

I have released two new mapscenes for captains battle, namely Sandburn Oasis and Skirimish at Sarnaks Folly. Both are in a desert enviroment with various features like a town, ruins, villages, castle, camp, oasis, monuments, open ground and more.

I have also updated my other mapscene Stone Road with minor fixes and improvement. Its now all up to the admin/s to get all this on to the server for testing and deployment.

• Ayna likes this

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• Server Admin
  • 136 posts
  • LocationSweden

Two new maps have been released - Siege of Karval and Savage Land. One is a light weight siege map with a lot of features, the other is a proper battle map with plenty of open ground and tactical options.

Siege of Karval

Karv1.jpg The destroyed gate
Karv2.jpg From a distance

Savage Land

Sav1.jpg Foggy Castle
Sav2.jpg Stone ship raised by unknown group

Should be on the server soon (admins discretion). Enjoy!

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and Ayna like this

Grim164

Grim164

Advanced Member

• 51 posts
Thanks for the maps

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users