Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Potential new maps added to Arena rotation (WATCH)

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Kamby

Kamby

Legendary Member

• Community Waste
  • 212 posts

Hello Arena folks

After an outburst of certain Arena players complaining about the implementation of new maps, i sought out to my friend Veledentella. One of the best map makers out there and as far as i've heard former member of the TG team (might be wrong). The maps that are shown below are single-handedly created by him. Each map has special features and special scripting that makes the maps unique. They are already NeoGK compatible, and has secret and fun secrets like we know from the amazing maps created by the likes of Elary.

If you have a wish to see new unique maps added into the rotation, reply to this thread and the admin team and myself will evaluate what happens next.

As a member of the community and lover of new maps to explore and to have walked around these maps it is filled with incredible details.

Axe Rubbers by Veledentella

AR11.jpg

---

AR7.jpg

---

AR6.jpg

---

AR5.jpg

---

AR12.jpg

---

AR13.jpg

The Epicenter by Veledentella

This map has a literally has a visible bomber plane

TE2.jpg

---

TE4.jpg

---

TE10.jpg

---

TE6.jpg

Edited by Kamby, 05 April 2021 - 08:25 PM.

• Saddoveanu, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight, Aura* and 4 others like this

Udklip.jpg

"This ain't over" - WizardLizard, 2021

13estWily

13estWily

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  • Locationarena
not bad ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
  • Kamby and LordChromosom like this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

So, I'm not sure I can accurately express my thoughts on this, but I'll try. And of course I dont want offend you and your map taste. They look nice.

But.

Map rotation has changed many times already, and sometimes there were  few in this list...well, let's say the stand-out maps that looked too surreal. I don't remember the names, sorry, but I'll describe them.

One of them was a kind of dungeon with a blood river and red light everywhere. There was a small fort in the center. Players could also pass through textures in the floor and it wasn't even a bug.

The other map was a maze-like structure with a giant tower in the center. The entire map was monstrously green.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, there was a map that looked like sea surface, on which you could walk.

What did all these maps have in common? They were scary, standing out too much against the others, more or less realistic maps and their mundane way to painting textures and arranging the decor, if you understand what I mean. Let's just say you saw these maps and your brain and eyes started to hurt.

Such maps have never been popular and people have changed them back to, yes, the boring arena or more unique, but not so unrealistic maps, like desert arena or Frog's lair. That's why they were removed from the rotation. They were meaningless.

The maps you showed are from surr. They can be good in a vacuum, but they don't fit in with the already established preferences of players to play on immersive maps.

I hope I got my point across. These maps don't fit and I don't see a situation where players will want to see this in rotation.

13estWily

13estWily

• Banned
  • 10 posts
  • Locationarena
There was a map that contains plane tree, teleport point, mystic house i cant remember its name maybe witchs pot idk . You got to add it too.

Kamby

Kamby

Legendary Member

• Community Waste
  • 212 posts
I disagree, your point came across well, but having played these maps myself i would love to see them added onto rotation, maybe just for a week or two.
Also this post was made due to players asking for more map alternatives in-game
  • Annabella Campbell likes this

Udklip.jpg

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

Hey girls, may I put my 20cm.. khm.. I mean my 5 cents to this discussion?

New creative maps are good for one time investigation usually. Creativity is not what makes map interesting to play.

Let's say we have 4 group of players with their individual needs:

Horse-nabs: they need plains with unmounted players' routes or spawns, so they can kill them in the back. That is all ga(y)meplay they need, and they have it with 99% of maps.

Archer-nabs: they also need plains to shoot random players in back with no challenge, but also some safe spots like towers so they can be protected from horse-nabs' raping. Usually all maps have such conditions for them.

Melee-nabs: players who have only one purpose like nabs above - kill as much as possible no matter what, but by melee fight. They don't like open spaces so they may be killed by archers or horsemen. And if it's no "Field by the River" map they can easily find some buildings, walls, towns or villages.

So meet good conditions for these three groups is really not a problem, but I believe, they are not most active and influential players here. For them there is 4th group:

Players-with-purpose: players who are not interested in pure killing, who find some goals for them to have fun or challenge: make teams with others, fight teams, groups or personal rivals, protects some spots, block routes and so on. 

And for this last group it is very important to have some good POIs(points of interest) on the map. Interesting places where they can have fun: gather to meet each other, fight each other not being exposed to random horse or archer nab, places they can defend or make ambush etc. Some examples from popular maps: Arena - small map with well and circle, Desert Duels with circle and pyramid, Frog's lair with tower hard to get in, Watch your Steps where you have pure melee experience with limited dangerous area, Coliseum with Gate Tower everyone tries to get. There was one small desert map with river in the middle and two bridges: I liked to barricade one of the bridge and fight anyone who dare to pass it without paying me. That was fun.

Thus, creating good map is about creating good balanced POIs on it, or maybe just one POI. At least, it should be not easy to reach, so it has value to survive here, but also not extremely hard to get: not 5 min walking from spawn or something. And it is better to be simple: max 1-2 ballistas, couple of teleport doors, one gate, maybe non of it at all. All these elements are quite not authentic, and if you mess with them to hard the map brings you vomiting.

• Dacket, Saddoveanu, Femail_Hunam and 1 other like this

WingedEggJuice

WingedEggJuice

Elite Member

• 177 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Hey girls, may I put my 20cm.. khm.. I mean my 5 cents to this discussion?

New creative maps are good for one time investigation usually. Creativity is not what makes map interesting to play.

Let's say we have 4 group of players with their individual needs:

Horse-nabs: they need plains with unmounted players' routes or spawns, so they can kill them in the back. That is all ga(y)meplay they need, and they have it with 99% of maps.

Archer-nabs: they also need plains to shoot random players in back with no challenge, but also some safe spots like towers so they can be protected from horse-nabs' raping. Usually all maps have such conditions for them.

Melee-nabs: players who have only one purpose like nabs above - kill as much as possible no matter what, but by melee fight. They don't like open spaces so they may be killed by archers or horsemen. And if it's no "Field by the River" map they can easily find some buildings, walls, towns or villages.

So meet good conditions for these three groups is really not a problem, but I believe, they are not most active and influential players here. For them there is 4th group:

Players-with-purpose: players who are not interested in pure killing, who find some goals for them to have fun or challenge: make teams with others, fight teams, groups or personal rivals, protects some spots, block routes and so on. 

And for this last group it is very important to have some good POIs(points of interest) on the map. Interesting places where they can have fun: gather to meet each other, fight each other not being exposed to random horse or archer nab, places they can defend or make ambush etc. Some examples from popular maps: Arena - small map with well and circle, Desert Duels with circle and pyramid, Frog's lair with tower hard to get in, Watch your Steps where you have pure melee experience with limited dangerous area, Coliseum with Gate Tower everyone tries to get. There was one small desert map with river in the middle and two bridges: I liked to barricade one of the bridge and fight anyone who dare to pass it without paying me. That was fun.

Thus, creating good map is about creating good balanced POIs on it, or maybe just one POI. At least, it should be not easy to reach, so it has value to survive here, but also not extremely hard to get: not 5 min walking from spawn or something. And it is better to be simple: max 1-2 ballistas, couple of teleport doors, one gate, maybe non of it at all. All these elements are quite not authentic, and if you mess with them to hard the map brings you vomiting.

'Archer nabs: player who need plains to shoot random player in back with no challenge', you literally camp the healing location with friends and backstab people to get kills or else you're ez, are you really going to insult a playstyle when you can't even do infantry 2h yet... even after like 7 years of you playing everyday...

:strawberry:

Kamby

Kamby

Legendary Member

• Community Waste
  • 212 posts

Good input

Udklip.jpg

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

'Archer nabs: player who need plains to shoot random player in back with no challenge', you literally camp the healing location with friends and backstab people to get kills or else you're ez, are you really going to insult a playstyle when you can't even do infantry 2h yet... even after like 7 years of you playing everyday...

Let's just ignore that hater troll

WingedEggJuice

WingedEggJuice

Elite Member

• 177 posts
  • LocationNigeria

1) Usually it's me who fight teams alone with no support which I find interesting

2) If I lose to your great sword with my light hammer 10 times in the row, it does not mean I am noob, it means I want different weapons to fight and don't care that I am losing, whereas you always have best weapon because you wanna prove yourself or others something

3) You are known as community waste, troll and liar, and you proved this again. Don't mind me if I don't answer to your shitposts next time

Never had community waste role, can't remember the last time I trolled, lied when? LOL.

It is common consensus that you are a noob, do not get confused. As for always using the best weapon, I only use GS when Swadia is an available faction and I barely play anymore lmfao wat. This wasn't meant to be a flame war, it was a simple question as to why you're hating on a playstyle that to be done correctly requires a lot of skill when you are terribad at the game.

:strawberry:

Kamby

Kamby

Legendary Member

• Community Waste
  • 212 posts

Dont turn this post into that shit

• yrod and Annabella Campbell like this

Udklip.jpg

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• High Admin
  • 308 posts

We are looking over the map situation on the arena server, we will do some changes there in the near future.

Keep Calm. B)

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight, WingedEggJuice and LordChromosom like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users