Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Semi-farewell event (June 2020)

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests
Quick information:
  • Date of the event: 13.06.2020,
  • Time zone: Central European Summer Time (CEST), that is Greenwich Mean Time plus one hour (GMT +1),
  • Exact hour: Before 17:00 server is to be emptied and prepared for the event; 18:00 punctual start of first match,
  • Game mode: 3 swordsmen versus 3 swordsmen, 5 wins must be attained by any team to win the match,
  • Server: TG_Duel renamed to TG_Event,
  • Upper limit of teams participating: 8,
  • Lower limit of teams participating: 4,
  • Venue:
1.jpg

Introduction:

Back in October 2019 I pledged to organize some tournaments in addition to making some new scenes. Similarly to BlackDeath's fate, I vanished because my life affairs made me very busy and preoccupied with matters very serious to me and my household. Since I was tired of all the labor, I could not put more of creative effort into making some new scenes, as well as into tournaments and events. All I could do was play the game, as I was just burned out due to my life events. This time is over, however, and I do think I can contribute to TG once again. Before my involuntary leave I elected to host a series of tournaments, so it is the high time to complete my obligation. I am still, however, quite busy and have made some significant decisions, so I have to give up some of my plans, therefore the event serves as a semi-farewell or farewell to some part of my ideas.

Exhaustive information:

One match is resolved when a team achieves five wins in total. Equipment used is mentioned below. There are three participants in a team and everyone is to use the same gear, therefore it is advised to have the option 'show banners on friendly troops' enabled. One should watch out for accidental teamwounding, therefore they have to keep an eye for allies' and enemies' movement, in order to tell a friend from a foe. Friendly hit setting will be turned on to cover all the damage inflicted upon an ally, so this tourney also tests a spatial awareness amid foes and friends. This format might not be changed, with the exception of a situation when a considerable amount of users objects to it. There must be three mandatory members in a team with one optional substitution (if circumstances allow a team to have such). If a team does not show up in full, then win is awarded to its foes. If both teams do not show up, then in the next stage formation facing the winner of the previous stage is awarded a promotion to another stage.

Rules:
  • No cheating, including, but not limited to the autoblock,
  • Picking up items from the ground is allowed, although pointless when everyone will wield the same weapon,
  • Weapon used: The Great Sword (not to be confused with The Sword of War),
  • Armor worn: Ankle Boots, Red Gambeson, Helmet with Cap,
  • Server settings are to be shared below at a later date,
  • Every spectator must be in spectator mode since it was named like that for a purpose. Punishments for breaking this rule go as follows, respectively: forcing to spectator mode, kick, temporary ban. No exceptions, as time is precious and cannot be wasted on enforcing order amongst teamwounding/ voice emote-abusing/ battleground-entering audience like during the last event,
  • Leaving the big (enough) circle by any of a given team's members results in a loss of a round for the team,
  • The event starts punctually. No delays,
  • Should the tourney be postponed or cancelled due to some unpredictable circumstances, then the registered entries would be forwarded to the next one with same settings. The postponement notice must be presented to the participants no later than one day before the tournament.

An entry for registration must adhere to this template:
  • Team name:
  • Acronym of a team name which will be used in-game as a prefix:
  • Members of a team (their in-game names must suit the ones presented herein):
  • Anthem, golden thought, motivational poster of choice (optional):

Deadline for registration: 18:00, 12.06.2020, time zone as above. When the pool of participating teams is filled, then the match-up will be generated by me. If there is an odd number of teams, then the lucky cards awarding with winning the respective tourney stage will be added to the match-up generation.

• Elary, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight, Femul_Humun and 1 other like this

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

This event is dedicated to:

• CRK for his commitment to overseeing the Siege server. Thank you! 20200526000455-1.jpg
  • Female_Human for being philosophically patient in waiting for my reply during my inactivity period. Thank you! 20191108233459-1.jpg
  • Dacket, to whom I pledged to organize some events just before my involuntary leave. Thank you!20200428112149-1.jpg

Please, someone with powers, pin this topic to header of the website.

• Elary, LizardWizard, Dacket and 3 others like this

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Server-wide settings:

Combat speed: Medium

Starting gold: Enough to get the above-mentioned equipment

Friendly damage to allies: 100%

Friendly damage to oneself: 0%

Crouching: enabled
Server password: 3vs3

• Femul_Humun likes this

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Event cancelled until some terms are clarified.

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Submitting registration entries is now resumed. The event is to be held normally.

Disclaimer: I was awarded admin rights to host an event in October and my valid admin right has already expired. With regards to TG staff's rules of induction, I am still an ordinary member. The event will be supervised by a person in the administrator ranks.

https://community.tr...in-duel-server/ - The topic explaining former state of affairs, as written by BlackDeath.

Waljaaa

Waljaaa

• 18 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Team name: 
Our glorious Queen protected by her Royal Guard !  a.k.a. Men of Borr

Acronym of a team name which will be used in-game as a prefix:
MoB

Members of a team (their in-game names must suit the ones presented herein):

Lag_Queen ; Sigmar ; Walja

Anthem, golden thought, motivational poster of choice (optional):

6369622cfdafdd1a4f45f40153b6ac6a.png

I Demand that if we win, we'll get to pick one of Queen's maps of choice and this map shall be added 100% sure to the TG_Arena mappool !

• Aratar, Elary, LizardWizard and 6 others like this

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Admin
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOz

Kudos for the initiative Veledentella. A consultation with the admins beforehand would've been nice, though.

Anyway, I have a question regarding this:

One should watch out for accidental teamwounding, therefore they have to keep an eye for allies' and enemies' movement, in order to tell a friend from a foe.

How can people teamwound in a duel server ?

• Aratar, Elary and Omen like this

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Kudos for the initiative Veledentell. A consultation with the admins beforehand would've been nice, though.

Anyway, I have a question regarding this:

How can people teamwound in a duel server ?

Thank you!

During last event held by LockDog in 2019, the mode setting was changed from Duel to Team Deathmatch, if I recall correctly. Spectators were able to spawn and there have been numerous cases of teamwounding on purpose. WingedSquirrel was temporarily banned for killing RC Lola, Anny Campbell was unjustly treated the same way for attacking a person that was shooting with a ballista at the battleground and LH Probang was kicked from the server for some minor offenses, like mocking Anny Campbell or killing her horse. I want to do the same (to change the mode), so the setting will be changed for duration of the event.

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Admin
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOz

Thank you!

During last event held by LockDog in 2019, the mode setting was changed from Duel to Team Deathmatch, if I recall correctly. Spectators were able to spawn and there have been numerous cases of teamwounding on purpose. WingedSquirrel was temporarily banned for killing RC Lola, Anny Campbell was unjustly treated the same way for attacking a person that was shooting with a ballista at the battleground and LH Probang was kicked from the server for some minor offenses, like mocking Anny Campbell or killing her horse. I want to do the same, so the setting will be changed for duration of the event.

So how can a team win if it's a TDM ?
I mean afaik in TDM the only moment a team scores is when all the rival team members are dead at the same time.

Otherwise they keep respawning.

It could take a lot of time to reach 5 victories this way.

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

So how can a team win if it's a TDM ?
I mean afaik in TDM the only moment a team scores is when all the rival team members are dead at the same time.

Otherwise they keep respawning.

It could take a lot of time to reach 5 victories this way.

Everything is planned. Attaining a score of 300 is not an option, never. A team must score 5 wins by finishing off every other foe in a round. In TDM players spawn normally, but they just move to the circle and commence to fight when everyone is ready. When a person is killed, then they are prohibited from entering the battleground, so that only alive fighters may fight. When everyone from a given team is killed, then they respawn and enter the circle again in order to fight another round. The remaining warriors can go to the designated zones by me in order to restore full health in a second. Having been healed, they step on the battlement and another round starts.

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Admin
  • 746 posts
  • LocationOz

Everything is planned. Attaining a score of 300 is not an option, never. A team must score 5 wins by finishing off every other foe in a round. In TDM players spawn normally, but they just move to the circle and commence to fight when everyone is ready. When a person is killed, then they are prohibited from entering the battleground, so that only alive fighters may fight. When everyone from a given team is killed, then they respawn and enter the circle again in order to fight another round. The remaining warriors can go to the designated zones by me in order to restore full health in a second. Having been healed, they step on the battlement and another round starts.

Sounds like a lot of work from your part because you can't spot which player is from which team easily (since there's no concept of team in tdm).

After you figure out which players need healing you must look them up in a player console with all the players (including spectators) and then heal them.

Wouldn't it be easier to just use battle mode instead of tdm ?

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Utilizing Battle mode is possible and will be considered by me. Although I must stress that I developed a scene specifically for such tourneys and it contains four spots distributed around the circle where players can heal themselves, choose 1 to 7 mode or fade out.

In order to clarify: when one is killed, then this respawned fighter might not enter the circle again.

3.jpg

D1-2-In-the-Spotlight-scene-overview.png

• Femul_Humun likes this

Dacket

Dacket

Advanced Member

• Junior Admin
  • 54 posts

Team name:
dialogi o rybalke

Acronym of a team name which will be used in-game as a prefix:
DOR

Member of a team:
whyflex, Vasilisa, Dacket

Edited by Dacket, 13 June 2020 - 03:38 PM.

• Aratar, Elary, LizardWizard and 3 others like this

Femul_Humun

Femul_Humun

Popular Member

• 181 posts

Team name:

Blatantly Underrated Team of Titans

Acronym:

BUTT

Members of a team:

Ka3aHoBa, mustached_hastache, Female_Human

Anthem:

https://www.youtube....h?v=nZIPeGN7CPQ

• Aratar, Elary, LizardWizard and 5 others like this

Waska

Waska

Advanced Member

• 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

woahy map is so dark

is there a daylight version of this

• Mariina likes this

Very nice

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

woahy map is so dark

is there a daylight version of this

Yes, there is. No new content is to be added to the server, therefore we have to stick to this version. With a mist on and everyone else staying in spectator mode, there will be no problem at all.

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Team name:

Reserved

Acronym:

Reserved

Members of a team:

Reserved, Reserved, Female_Human

Anthem:

Reserved

Do not be reserved and please, reveal some more information!

• Femul_Humun likes this

Elemir

Elemir

• 33 posts
  • LocationHispania

Veledentella if i am available the saturday afternoon and you and participants are ok with it i can record the event, edit it with some music and effects and post it later here.

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Veledentella if i am available the saturday afternoon and you and participants are ok with it i can record the event, edit it with some music and effects and post it later here.

Thank you for being engaged in life of this community by making such offer! You might do whatever you desire, but in my humble opinion it is not worthwhile to record the event. There is nothing special in this tournament at all since it is not competitive-oriented and the whole ambience would be rather amicable and friendly. It is not worth your time (if you would want to turn up only to record the tourney), effort, RAM usage (recorder's utilized memory), CPU [processor] usage (video encoding), your bandwidth (uploading the video), HDD memory (size of the file) and time again spent on editing the footage. Judging by the activity on TrollGame and herein, that is below this thread, the community does not put much interest into this event. I do not think someone would want to watch your precious video either since activity of the playerbase is decaying.

• Elemir likes this

Elemir

Elemir

• 33 posts
  • LocationHispania

Nah don't overthink about it, the key is having fun after all, doesn't mind if it's competitive-oriented or a more relaxed event, i think these events gives more motivation and activity to this community, also i decide how i spend my time and in what i put my effort into, who says your event is not worthy of it?  :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users