Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Photo

Implementing new mechanics discussion

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

carlosdelsol

carlosdelsol

Advanced Member

• 74 posts
  • LocationRhodesia

I've been playing a lot of napoleonic wars commanders and they have lots of players and every week i see an increase. 

The relevant to this mod differences are five:

- 1: you cant make damage if you are not close to your troops

- 2: units are limited (not full archer army nor cav)

- 3: Cav has less units

- 4: You can only respawn on your own bots

- 5: You never lose control of your bots

These are the advantages to the gameplay  of your server on my opinion:

- 1: this will make assasinations attempts more dificult, not imposible since you can micromanage your troops to be close so it would add more depth if 5 is not included.

- 2: for sarranids and khergits limiting the archers to 1 would save a lot of depopulation to new players

- 3: When you get more money cav with mail are just tanks, if at least they are 20 percent less would make it a little more balanced

- 4: So you dont suicide at the beggining of the round because then you cant respawn on the troops of others, this gives a sense of morale on the squads behaviour. Also less team trolling ofc trolls will appear but it wont be the same

- 5: this one would make assasinations worthless, this one must be implemented only if 1 is implemented otherwise you are like in warband 0,1 (bannelord) leaving your troops behind and you fighting again and again and again.

Ty for reading and sorry for the long post

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• Server Admin
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSweden

Many of the things you talk about can not be implemented on the server because that would break compatibility with native code. The reason Napoleon can do this is because they can change their code at will and implement new stuff all the time. Also, the main developer of this mod has moved on to other projects so i doubt any new changes will appear.

Now what can be done within the parameters is limiting units to certain percentages, but that would be for every nation. The limitation could be specific like only allowing 30 % archers on a team while at the same time allowing 100 % infantry or 100% cavalry.

Money levels can also be altered in 3 ways. Starting money, combat bonus and round bonus. Current levels are 160%, 110% and 105%. Making things cheaper or more expensive requires code changes in the mod. Same with adding or removing things in the equipment list.

So in summary: 1/ Needs code change. 2/ Can be altered without code change. 3/ Probably needs code change. 4/ Needs code change. 5/ Probably needs code change.

As for the rest, while limiting rambo tendencies would be desirable its hard to do technically without some serious changes in the code. Now we could forbid ramboing but that would take away something essential from gameplay. And if we did that we would have to forbid anyone doing anything that lessens the serious gameplay and fun for others. Like.. Rambo's, Naked troops, Any delayer (regardless of time), Anyone Trolling, Tactically inept people, Salty people, Cowards, Fakenickers, People with offensive names and others. Shit, i would probably have to ban myself if this happened.

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

carlosdelsol

carlosdelsol

Advanced Member

• 74 posts
  • LocationRhodesia

Many of the things you talk about can not be implemented on the server because that would break compatibility with native code. The reason Napoleon can do this is because they can change their code at will and implement new stuff all the time. Also, the main developer of this mod has moved on to other projects so i doubt any new changes will appear.

Now what can be done within the parameters is limiting units to certain percentages, but that would be for every nation. The limitation could be specific like only allowing 30 % archers on a team while at the same time allowing 100 % infantry or 100% cavalry.

Money levels can also be altered in 3 ways. Starting money, combat bonus and round bonus. Current levels are 160%, 110% and 105%. Making things cheaper or more expensive requires code changes in the mod. Same with adding or removing things in the equipment list.

So in summary: 1/ Needs code change. 2/ Can be altered without code change. 3/ Probably needs code change. 4/ Needs code change. 5/ Probably needs code change.

As for the rest, while limiting rambo tendencies would be desirable its hard to do technically without some serious changes in the code. Now we could forbid ramboing but that would take away something essential from gameplay. And if we did that we would have to forbid anyone doing anything that lessens the serious gameplay and fun for others. Like.. Rambo's, Naked troops, Any delayer (regardless of time), Anyone Trolling, Tactically inept people, Salty people, Cowards, Fakenickers, People with offensive names and others. Shit, i would probably have to ban myself if this happened.

I suspected the code was a limitant factor :(

i dont understand your last paragraph, i didnt say anything about, '' Rambo'sNaked troopsAny delayer (regardless of time), Anyone TrollingTactically inept peopleSalty peopleCowardsFakenickersPeople with offensive names and others. Shit, i would probably have to ban myself if this happened.''  

none of the things i said affect those in any way, thats why i said ''The relevant to this mod differences are five:'' One thing is enforcing a rule and other is to create a feauture to make it more difficult on my opion, regardless this is just imposible to do so thank you for the answer :)

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• Server Admin
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSweden

No problem, i might have read part of you message wrong. The code is the limiting factor, i wish sometimes that a separate mod from native had been created for this game mode. That would have allowed a lot more options for the mod creator then is available now.

But for now we have what we have.

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Popular Member

• 180 posts

Warband and Napoleonic Wars are just too different games with a different..."aproach or style"? Don't try to turn one game into another.

There is no objectivity points in what you have listed, Just wishful thinking about features you like.

Also,do not forget that native has a direct counterpart in bannerlord, which took many players (friom native too), which is not surprising. Napoleonic Wars has no such problem, and people who like this...uh, "setting"? have nowhere to go

Thanks

carlosdelsol

carlosdelsol

Advanced Member

• 74 posts
  • LocationRhodesia

Saying different is no excuse on my opinion, if you don't like napoleonic wars, isnt the truth just the truth even if it comes from something you dont like? I mean the multiplayer server for commanders gets bigger every week and the eperience is phenomenal.

No objectivity? the second part of the post has all the objectives the changes would create in gameplay xD

Bannerlord is just the new guy on the class, before bannerlord came out warband had 5k players, and you know how many has now? 5k, so there is no real competitor at the moment, if so bannerlord is a catalyst for new players to come to warband, what is happening is that less people play multiplayer.

I just answered because you seemed to not read the post, this is all a waste since natice dont support these changes :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users