Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Photo

Arena with the Spinning Thing in the Middle Review

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

your_mums

your_mums

Popular Member

• 126 posts

There is such a thing as being too simple.  This may have cool stuff like the spinning disk (more on that later) and i think it has some secrets but it seems that the actual gameplay part of the map has taken a backseat to "look how clever i am".   The gameplay of this map is about the same as a flat map with four walls and and ladders so you can stand on the walls.  Maybe put a cube in the middle of the square and you'd have the same map when it came to gameplay.

For me the archer spots are a problem as they can only be accessed from the front.  Looking at the real arena archers fire in front of them and are approached from behind.   In this map overall archers have to be approached head on and they are overall a lot less exposed than they are on the real arena.   Beyond the archer spots its extremely basic but fine i suppose, probably be annoying when lots of cav are on.  In the real arena i think the play area has a mainly infantry area between the walls and the archer platforms then largely cav/people running to the teaming area, beyond that.   Obviously it doesn't always turn out like that but i think on this arena map both are combined and infantry won't fair well.

So this map takes part of the arena where you spawn but adds water to it, why?  The slow down hinders the gameplay, extremely low level trolling shouldn't be a part of map design.

So the big spinning elephant in the room, personally it is fun but it makes me sick.  However its also useless once the novelty wears off, additionally this map has no teaming area.   Like it or not teaming is a part of DM and i for one enjoy going to a teaming area to act like an ape.   I think this map missed a trick, what if you had to get through the spinning things to get to the teaming area?   Put a tower or something in the middle surrounded by a deep ditch/moat with only one door to get into the tower.  A bridge would jut out from under the door allowing for people to jump from the middle spinning ring onto the platform to get into the teaming area, a bit of skill like jumping up the tower in the map i can't remember the name of for some reason.   Additionally don't make the teaming area extremely open, i think teaming should be for people who just want to sit there and as i said act like apes.  Rather than making teaming areas a free kill zone for archers/the automatic ballista things (i,e that shit map with the healing table and the teaming pyramid in the middle exposed on both sides.

Thenk. 

• Elary, Saddoveanu, Umbuz and 5 others like this

TEAM MUMS, CHAMPION OF CTF/ARENA EVENTS

Ayna

Ayna

Advanced Member

• 80 posts

Damn, Mums, u uncovered my nefarious plan :D I thought noone would guess i made underwater arena part for trolling ^_^  I hate arena unless its CTF event :P

I also made central teaming area with healing spot so open to troll people who gather together and kill me ^_^ I enjoy how archers kill them all :lol:  

I wanted to make same trolling thing for camping archers but forgot :(

Actually there is tower in the middle, its just invisible and noone has discovered this elephant yet :ph34r: But it takes very much skill like jumping up to open. There are also several closed teaming areas in rooms and under towers, but they also need a bit skill to open, though i have seen people hanging out there ^_^

• Elary, Umbuz, Mariina and 2 others like this

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Admin
  • 744 posts
  • LocationMars

There is such a thing as being too simple.  This may have cool stuff like the spinning disk (more on that later) and i think it has some secrets but it seems that the actual gameplay part of the map has taken a backseat to "look how clever i am".   The gameplay of this map is about the same as a flat map with four walls and and ladders so you can stand on the walls.  Maybe put a cube in the middle of the square and you'd have the same map when it came to gameplay.

For me the archer spots are a problem as they can only be accessed from the front.  Looking at the real arena archers fire in front of them and are approached from behind.   In this map overall archers have to be approached head on and they are overall a lot less exposed than they are on the real arena.   Beyond the archer spots its extremely basic but fine i suppose, probably be annoying when lots of cav are on.  In the real arena i think the play area has a mainly infantry area between the walls and the archer platforms then largely cav/people running to the teaming area, beyond that.   Obviously it doesn't always turn out like that but i think on this arena map both are combined and infantry won't fair well.

So this map takes part of the arena where you spawn but adds water to it, why?  The slow down hinders the gameplay, extremely low level trolling shouldn't be a part of map design.

So the big spinning elephant in the room, personally it is fun but it makes me sick.  However its also useless once the novelty wears off, additionally this map has no teaming area.   Like it or not teaming is a part of DM and i for one enjoy going to a teaming area to act like an ape.   I think this map missed a trick, what if you had to get through the spinning things to get to the teaming area?   Put a tower or something in the middle surrounded by a deep ditch/moat with only one door to get into the tower.  A bridge would jut out from under the door allowing for people to jump from the middle spinning ring onto the platform to get into the teaming area, a bit of skill like jumping up the tower in the map i can't remember the name of for some reason.   Additionally don't make the teaming area extremely open, i think teaming should be for people who just want to sit there and as i said act like apes.  Rather than making teaming areas a free kill zone for archers/the automatic ballista things (i,e that shit map with the healing table and the teaming pyramid in the middle exposed on both sides.

Thenk. 

i have to disagree with mums. i got a lot of feedback on this map from the players on the server and Arena by Ayna was actually a big success. i can say this was the best dm map from all the new ones added. i heard no complaints in about infantry "unbalance" either. on the contrary, map is pretty balanced for all classes. the rotating tables are hard target for both archers and cav and infantry can have fun attacking here.

we should stop comparing everything with arena underground cause it sounds biased. not every gathering spot should be in middle as not every map should be a slightly copy of arena underground. there is a viking house full of secrets and doors that can be opened with hard work. this can be considered a gathering spot if you wish so

personally i enjoy this map. it has something new, it's trollish and fun. this map's success could be achieved only by a troll and Ayna surely is a full fledged troll. 

• Umbuz, Ayna, PrawyISprawiedliwy and 1 other like this

l4kbqeQ.png

13estWily

13estWily

Popular Member

• 134 posts
  • Locationyo mamas bed

i can say this was the best dm map from all the new ones added.

i know you are trying to say how bad new maps are 🌝
its britney bitch

Dacket

Dacket

Advanced Member

• Ex Staff
  • 96 posts
new maps are very good
but ppl still be voting boring arena 24/7
  • Elary and Umbuz like this

your_mums

your_mums

Popular Member

• 126 posts

i have to disagree with mums. i got a lot of feedback on this map from the players on the server and Arena by Ayna was actually a big success. i can say this was the best dm map from all the new ones added. i heard no complaints in about infantry "unbalance" either. on the contrary, map is pretty balanced for all classes. the rotating tables are hard target for both archers and cav and infantry can have fun attacking here.

we should stop comparing everything with arena underground cause it sounds biased. not every gathering spot should be in middle as not every map should be a slightly copy of arena underground. there is a viking house full of secrets and doors that can be opened with hard work. this can be considered a gathering spot if you wish so

personally i enjoy this map. it has something new, it's trollish and fun. this map's success could be achieved only by a troll and Ayna surely is a full fledged troll. 

I am looking at this largely flow of players view and a short ish time playing it, its certainly not a bad map (especially compared to things like island arena).  As for comparison to arena underground, arena underground one of the closest maps too it i think in terms of design.    I suppose i must just have very different views on maps to other players. 

your_mums

your_mums

Popular Member

• 126 posts

I was thinking on people getting feedback on maps there could be a poll here after a few weeks of the map being in rotation to see what people think of it and for them to leave more detailed feedback. 

• Aratar, Elary, LizardWizard and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users