Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Questions about siege ram

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
  • LocationBannerlord Heaven

Eyyy, I just read we get a new siege weapon aka "the ram", what some modders couldnt do, KA did like many times ;)

But I have a question and maybe more.

If it get destroyed how long will it take to respawn?

When will it be released :wub: :wub: , sry that im impatience but it is just like dafuq :D

Btw why didnt you tell me you were working on it :angry: :angry: ;)

• Skull Of Plums and Parzival like this

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

I don't know if this is the right place for this topic.

The respawn time is the same of baloon.

It makes a bit less damage of a catapult.

It's only on map Mahdaar Castle, for now, but i prefer admins don't start it without me, i want to see if all works well.

• Horatius likes this

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

I don't know if this is the right place for this topic.

Me neither but I will place it to MountAndSiege I suppose.

It makes a bit less damage of a catapult.

Do you mean if you hit a gate with a cata (the gate itself not the house) it goes faster than the ram? To destroy.

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

I mean, if the catapult gives 120 damage to the gate, the siege ram gives 110. To destroy a gate you need 6-7 hits.

• BlackDeath and Horatius like this

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 693 posts
  • LocationOz

1. will it have a predefined path like the siege tower or will you be able to control the ram just like a catapult ?

2. will the players stay under the roof to control it ?

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly
  1. Yes, it'll have a predefined path. I don't think is a good idea to allow players to move it where they want.
  2. No. Players load it with the winch and hit the winch to execute the attack.

• BlackDeath, LizardWizard and Horatius like this

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

1. Yes, it'll have a predefined path. I don't think is a good idea to allow players to move it where they want.
  2. No. Players load it with the winch and hit the winch to execute the attack.

So you need to fill the "bar" when you press f and then you hit the winch, just like cata but without the power. How long will it take to reload it, as im very very curious.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

2. will the players stay under the roof to control it ?

King, about this, maybe you made like this to force that players use their shields, like with cata or tower, but

maybe need to make roof bigger o cover a little more players moving it? or it is ok to cover them already?

I say because the roof seems rather small

ps: best medieval rams (that I saw in docs or movies) offers a little bit of cover-protection for troops using/moving it

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

So you need to fill the "bar" when you press f and then you hit the winch, just like cata but without the power. How long will it take to reload it, as im very very curious.

Yes. I don't know exactly, some seconds.

King, about this, maybe you made like this to force that players use their shields, like with cata or tower, but

maybe need to make roof bigger o cover a little more players moving it? or it is ok to cover them already?

I say because the roof seems rather small

ps: best medieval rams (that I saw in docs or movies) offers a little bit of cover-protection for troops using/moving it

Yes i understand. The problem is i've to find a good balance. The ram cover is a stable for horses :D. Making it taller looks bad without scale the other parts. Scaling the other parts the siege ram becomes too big.

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

Yes. I don't know exactly, some seconds.

Yes i understand. The problem is i've to find a good balance. The ram cover is a stable for horses :D. Making it taller looks bad without scale the other parts. Scaling the other parts the siege ram becomes too big.

So you mean that if we want it bigger we need an other part out mbw? I can't think of anything except if you can take roofs of the building but I don't think that is possible.

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

The neogk siege engines are made of scene props forced to move together. The siege ram cover is viking_stable_a scene prop, which is the only scene prop looking good for a siege ram. What players can't understand is that the props aren't a unique scene prop but several props. This is the only way to keep the mod native compatible. I know you want something like the siege ram in bannerlord video but it's impossible, there aren't scene props in native to make it look like that one.

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

Is it possible to also make explosive barrels which players have to carry towards gate or wall to have explosive access inside castle?
While carrying barrels player cant run fast and has his hands occupied which means he cant fight while holding barrel, also you would need several barrels to destroy the wall or gate.

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Is it possible to also make explosive barrels which players have to carry towards gate or wall to have explosive access inside castle?
While carrying barrels player cant run fast and has his hands occupied which means he cant fight while holding barrel, also you would need several barrels to destroy the wall or gate.

The game doesn't have the native animations to make a player look like carrying a barrel.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

then you did probably the best work possible ;)

Joss, I had other idea about explosive barrels more easy (the mean is fun only, not strategic), which I said to KA already:

this is put some barrels that supossing contains black-powder, then when player broken these to looking for food... BOOM!!! :D

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Black, i already did that. It will be in next update.

• Aeneu, BlackDeath, White_Potato and 1 other like this

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

Can we add more baricade types in game? like stakes that do dmg when horse charge
Also maybe add some wall defender abilities to buy wall upgrade, like ammo deposit, fire sorce to light arrows and shoot fire arrows out of normal ones? 

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

The game doesn't have the native animations to make a player look like carrying a barrel.

well i dont think that is problem since we also dont have animations to make look like player actually push catapults or load the ammo :D
Maybe add big barrel on player in that shield block or downward 2h/polearm block stance?

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

with my master editing skills here is how this animations about barrel carring might look decent 
http://prnt.sc/c41ur8

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

with my master editing skills here is how this animations about barrel carring might look decent 
http://prnt.sc/c41ur8

hahahaa, seems that you go to drink that beer barrel alone :loool:

• Aeneu, Joss and Amamama like this

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

hahahaa, seems that you go to drink that beer barrel alone :loool:

We don't have beer you dipshit only fish dried meat sausages and some other w don't have damn beer.
  • Skull Of Plums likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users