Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

I'm making a game

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Randomdude

Randomdude

• Ex Staff
  • 21 posts

15_banner225.png

1jjx2r.gif

I'm making a game - or trying to anyway! It's been many months since I started...   :(  B)

It's based on Monster Rancher for the GBA but with slimes rather than monsters.

• You raise slimes and increase their stats through training

• Battle them against other slimes in tournaments to gain ranks, gold and items

• Explore dungeons/different biomes to try and find new slimes/items that may otherwise be unobtainable

• Breed slimes together to create new ones.

• Food can help with training certain stats/resistances and also give stats a boost. 

• Breeder book to track knowledge of the different slimes and food benefits etc

• Slimes like certain things, dislike others

• Slimes can gain traits as you raise them based on what they do, how you treat them and what you feed them etc.

Twitter: @@RandomDude_SDu

Steamgroup: http://steamcommunit...roups/slimefarm

Attached Files

Edited by Randomdude, 13 February 2017 - 06:26 PM.

• A Jesus, White_Potato, Skull Of Plums and 6 others like this

WingedSquirrel

WingedSquirrel

Popular Member

• 82 posts

So this is pretty much slime rancher and monster rancher mixed into one.

Randomdude

Randomdude

• Ex Staff
  • 21 posts

Kind of, I guess :) More MR than SR. I really wanted to use Slime Rancher as a name too  :(

You only raise one slime at a time, for example, and can freeze them for breeding or just storage.

How you're able to freeze an ice slime, don't ask me  :dunno:

Edited by Randomdude, 13 February 2017 - 07:53 PM.

• Horatius likes this

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
  • LocationBannerlord Heaven

15_banner225.png
1jjx2r.gif

I'm making a game - or trying to anyway! It's been many months since I started... :( B)

It's based on Monster Rancher for the GBA but with slimes rather than monsters.

• You raise slimes and increase their stats through training
  • Battle them against other slimes in tournaments to gain ranks, gold and items
  • Explore dungeons/different biomes to try and find new slimes/items that may otherwise be unobtainable
  • Breed slimes together to create new ones.
  • Food can help with training certain stats/resistances and also give stats a boost.
  • Breeder book to track knowledge of the different slimes and food benefits etc
  • Slimes like certain things, dislike others
  • Slimes can gain traits as you raise them based on what they do, how you treat them and what you feed them etc.

Twitter: @@RandomDude_SDu
Steamgroup: http://steamcommunit...roups/slimefarm
That's what you are doing 24/7 on game maker studio lately :D.

Price?
Release date?
Open/closed beta?
Blogs?
Multiplayer?
Single player?
Storyline?
Shitty servers?
Forums?
Early acces?
Dlc?
FreeKey4Me

Just had to be an annoying twat ;).
  • Randomdude likes this

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

Nice. Post some screens or problems to solve.

I also started with GameMaker. its good for novices in programming, but dont stay too long with it. Better go with C#.

I made some nice shit in gamemaker like advanced AI for mobs or crafting system,  but it was slow as fuck. That was the reason i stopped using GM.

• Randomdude likes this

Mister_Bubba

Mister_Bubba

TG's Video Producer

• 117 posts
  • LocationHackney

Keep up the hard work mate  :linux 1:

• Randomdude likes this

Teocles

Teocles

Ancient Member

• 426 posts

using gamemaker doesnt count as "game developer" :D

• Randomdude and Dusan like this

4u9hua.jpg

Teocles

Teocles

Ancient Member

• 426 posts

its like using paint and saying you are "professional 3D artist"

• BlackDeath and Dusan like this

4u9hua.jpg

Teocles

Teocles

Ancient Member

• 426 posts

go and try Unity, nigglet

• Dusan likes this

4u9hua.jpg

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

its like using paint and saying you are "professional 3D artist"

Paint will come with 3D features :(

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts

go and try Unity, nigglet

AC4life

A Jesus

A Jesus

Ancient Member

• 707 posts

game maker is a shitty tool but it's a tool indeed. a drum music on recycle bin is a good music as far as it sound good as well.

what matters anyway is the result.

it's doesn't make a huge difference but i would really recommend you transferring to unity before you gone too far, because it will make u more productive, and extend your toolset.

in any case good luck mate ;d

p.s. i'm an unreal engine game dev

• BlackDeath, Skull Of Plums, Omen and 1 other like this
xXxChirstxXx 1:19-95rus, Yolo.

Brothers guna miss; Haters guna jell; Yolo guna swag; Ginger gon to hell;

For I am, Juses, #twice a life having yo mama and lay egg; pray, a peasant, as hear you I, warm is tea in an tea partea yet,

Thus living a core of justice in our hearts and she-clint's, and living thay spirit of teen hood 360 noscope, and blessing 24/7 our being

With great sweg, as with great sweg, comes great portion of seamen right up your eye; and nay it only; #hadmom.

You may take me away to thay army, may I but take away your mother and had sex.

© Jesis Chirst, king of peoples, and Jews. 22/8/14

Randomdude

Randomdude

• Ex Staff
  • 21 posts

That's what you are doing 24/7 on game maker studio lately :D.

Price?
Release date?
Open/closed beta?
Blogs?
Multiplayer?
Single player?
Storyline?
Shitty servers?
Forums?
Early acces?
Dlc?
FreeKey4Me

Just had to be an annoying twat ;).

Q: Price?  

A: Less than $10 - between $5-10 I'm thinking

Q: Release date?

A: When it's done ><

Q: Open/closed beta?

A: If you guys want to play test it then that would be cool - feedback is always welcome

Q: Blogs?

A: On the steam group: http://steamcommunit...roups/slimefarm

Q: Multiplayer?

A: Not at the moment. If I had multiplayer it would have players slimes battling it out, that's all.

Q: Single player? It's a single player game right now.
A: Storyline? You're a goblin who wants to be the best slime trainer in the underground! You start off at the bottom rank with the worst slime and go from there.

Q: Shitty servers?

A: No servers

Q: Forums? 

A: Steam group: http://steamcommunit...roups/slimefarm

Q: Early acces?

A: No, but play testers welcome

Q: Dlc?

A: Maybe multiplayer, new slimes to unlock/breed. New areas to explore etc. I won't charge for DLC unless I really need to (main expense is artists)
FreeKey4Me Maybe!

Nice. Post some screens or problems to solve.

I also started with GameMaker. its good for novices in programming, but dont stay too long with it. Better go with C#.

I made some nice shit in gamemaker like advanced AI for mobs or crafting system,  but it was slow as fuck. That was the reason i stopped using GM.

Thanks for the offer, dude. I might take you up on that. I've been able to overcome problems so far, it's just doing the work now at the moment. I don't see myself moving to C# or any other language for a long time, haha.

Can't seem to show a screenshot here but the link is below - latest screenshot of the slime farm.

http://steamcommunit...s/?id=870050847

Keep up the hard work mate   :linux 1:

Thank you!

game maker is a shitty tool but it's a tool indeed. a drum music on recycle bin is a good music as far as it sound good as well.

what matters anyway is the result.

it's doesn't make a huge difference but i would really recommend you transferring to unity before you gone too far, because it will make u more productive, and extend your toolset.

in any case good luck mate ;d

p.s. i'm an unreal engine game dev

I've learned a lot since march last year - arrays scared me and Id never done a "For" loop before. Now Im using them all the time. After I've finished this project I might take a look at other languages. I don't really want to make 3d games though, I want to make 2d Simulation games because that's what I love :) (And game maker seems pretty good at that, but I don't know any better)

Edited by Randomdude, 23 February 2017 - 12:48 AM.

• White_Potato and Horatius like this

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

I've learned a lot since march last year - arrays scared me and Id never done a "For" loop before. Now Im using them all the time. After I've finished this project I might take a look at other languages. I don't really want to make 3d games though, I want to make 2d Simulation games because that's what I love :) (And game maker seems pretty good at that, but I don't know any better)

This simple GML knowledge was also my "start" with programming. Before GameMaker i didnt write a single line of code.

Now i do shit in job in VBA   and for web projects i use JavaScript, Node.JS and some frameworks  everyday.  

I also started digging in Unity C#. I wish learn C# enough to help KA in modding Bannerlord for siege.

• Aeneu, Saddoveanu and Randomdude like this

Randomdude

Randomdude

• Ex Staff
  • 21 posts

This simple GML knowledge was also my "start" with programming. Before GameMaker i didnt write a single line of code.

Now i do shit in job in VBA   and for web projects i use JavaScript, Node.JS and some frameworks  everyday.  

I also started digging in Unity C#. I wish learn C# enough to help KA in modding Bannerlord for siege.

I thought M&B was coded in Python? I downloaded python a few years ago to see if I could learn it as I wanted to mod too but it seemed pretty complicated compared to anything I'd done before (pascal).

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

Warband - something looking like Python.    Bannerlords modules C#

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
Isn't pascal very old? I thought only few old applications still uses it.

A Jesus

A Jesus

Ancient Member

• 707 posts

Warband - something looking like Python.    Bannerlords modules C#

I thought M&B was coded in Python? I downloaded python a few years ago to see if I could learn it as I wanted to mod too but it seemed pretty complicated compared to anything I'd done before (pascal).

warband - C++
bannerlord - C++ (C++/C# for modding)

you can't have such a complicated game written in python, as python is a scripting language and has very hard time on real-time performance. not the language for game development.

Isn't pascal very old? I thought only few old applications still uses it.

C++ is very old as well, (C# quite old too as for 2017).
       old is not necessary bad, as it gets updated.

Delphi is actually a wrapper around Turbo-Pascal and is working pretty well for general needs (used in some companies)
also many shop terminals are ass-old and written in pascal, and somebody has to troubleshoot them after all.

xXxChirstxXx 1:19-95rus, Yolo.

Brothers guna miss; Haters guna jell; Yolo guna swag; Ginger gon to hell;

For I am, Juses, #twice a life having yo mama and lay egg; pray, a peasant, as hear you I, warm is tea in an tea partea yet,

Thus living a core of justice in our hearts and she-clint's, and living thay spirit of teen hood 360 noscope, and blessing 24/7 our being

With great sweg, as with great sweg, comes great portion of seamen right up your eye; and nay it only; #hadmom.

You may take me away to thay army, may I but take away your mother and had sex.

© Jesis Chirst, king of peoples, and Jews. 22/8/14

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 693 posts
  • LocationOz

boi we got a lotta coders around here

• Saddoveanu and Horatius like this

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
What should I start with? I will probably study "Software engineering and Software Science", any suggestion to start with and practice so I can get a little head start on the study :). As I literally spend 4 hours outside school on school (have 29 atm), and really need to do smt next to it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users