Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

The problem of NeoGk mod

neogk mod problem

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

The problem is that it overwrites the native mod. It's not a good idea. I'm getting sick of always been forced to rename my native to "nativeNeogk" and then the "native copy" to "Native" and vice versa. Some servers just don't allow me to play properly with the neogk mod and this dumb game thinks it's a new mod if the folder name is different. I'm talking about 28 days invasion. It's actually only non-tg-server I currently play actively. 

So the question I wanna ask is that if it-s possible to make some setting in server side to play also "different" mods. If I have a folder named "Native-neogk" it should work if all the files are correct, right? And then it should also work if the folder is Native. So by that way, it would be just good and everybody would be happy.  

Aratar

Aratar

Furor Anatolicus

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 631 posts
  • LocationTea Party
This is not NeoGK's problem, it's Warband's problem. We can't change certain things I'm not sure if this is one of them but first line stands.
  • HeiHo likes this

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

Okay, that's little sad. :/

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

As Aratar said, this is the way warband mods work. On bannerlord will be different, more like skyrim, with the possibility to install multiple mods.

• Aratar, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and HeiHo like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

Mod NeoGK is ok since it is compatible with Native, but as Aratar said, the problem is with game.

Btw if changing name is a problem for you... why simply (if you have enough space in hard drive), install a second Warband (full game installation) without mod to play in normal servers?

This works, and you only need a new-second WB's shortcut in desk for this, then you will have 2 options to play without change any :)

ps: both games will use same profile+characters that you have.

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and HeiHo like this

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

Mod NeoGK is ok since it is compatible with Native, but as Aratar said, the problem is with game.

Btw if changing name is a problem for you... why simply (if you have enough space in hard drive), install a second Warband (full game installation) without mod to play in normal servers?

This works, and you only need a new-second WB's shortcut in desk for this, then you will have 2 options to play without change any :)

ps: both games will use same profile+characters that you have.

Lol, never thought that. 
The other solution would of course to persuade the other server owner to make his server neogk compatible, but I think it's not going to happen. ever. 

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

The other solution would of course to persuade the other server owner to make his server neogk compatible, but I think it's not going to happen. ever. 

Well, neogk has nice addons for game, so don't lose any trying :) good luck

• HeiHo likes this

Snow Mexican

Snow Mexican

Popular Member

• 99 posts
  • LocationOn the Border of Canada and USA

Yeah, i kinda made the mistake and copied everything into the native folder, ruining it for playing Singleplayer. I've tried validating multiple times but nothing restores it. Just a fully wintermap and randomized equipment everywhere.

Snow Mexican

Snow Mexican

Popular Member

• 99 posts
  • LocationOn the Border of Canada and USA

Would be nice if you could also get an original native download made available here for idiots like me.

• HeiHo likes this

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

Well, neogk has nice addons for game, so don't lose any trying :) good luck

I think it would need some skilled programmer. The 28 days invasion is also one heavily modded game mode based on native. It works perfectly, but the only thing that I cannot do with neogk on the server is that I cannot update my character or buy new gear. Something in Neogk just don't like their boxes. I don't think so that the original mod maker is even playing warband anymore. 

The Chinese version of that 28 days invasion is even better since they have also heavily modded weapons, such as 2 arrows shooting bows etc. It also works on native, but even they didn't take care of the neogk problem. :/ 

Tho it would be fun if Neogk took some of the features from their mod and added it to neogk servers. :P

Aratar

Aratar

Furor Anatolicus

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 631 posts
  • LocationTea Party

Would be nice if you could also get an original native download made available here for idiots like me.

Well there is a native folder in forums but it's outdated. Maybe download that and then validate? Idk, a big maybe, maybe it works. But I don't think so on a second thought. Worth a try.
https://community.tr...nilla-for-1170/
  • BlackDeath and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

Helgisa

Helgisa

Elite Member

• 102 posts
  • LocationFalling down from a cloud

https://www.taleworl...arband/Download

You can probably find something there?

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Making mods compatible isn't easy. For example take the client and server events. If neogk uses event 120 to send input for warcry, on another server that could mean something else. Neogk remains native compatible because it doesn't overwrite the native events. But with other mods (specially big ones) the possibility of collisions are high.

To restore the native you could download and compile the module system. If you can't, i can do it and send you the files.

If you play single player, you can rename the module as you want, and use native with neogk only to play multiplayer.

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Aratar

Aratar

Furor Anatolicus

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 631 posts
  • LocationTea Party

Also might need a more recent (latest) version of the Native folder in this link, it isn't anything urgent afterall, whenever you can, I would do it if I could. Thanks.

Edited by Aratar, 24 October 2018 - 12:59 PM.

• BlackDeath likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Also might need a more recent (latest) version of the Native folder in this link, it isn't anything urgent afterall, whenever you can, I would do it if I could. Thanks.

I will upload (can't just now because I got a trouble, trying to solve still...) a new 1.174 version for Native. Meanwhile, I think that getting 1.170 maybe ok if you later update to newest throught steam.

• Aratar likes this

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

Anyways, if someone who knows anything about this wants to check it, here is the mod: https://forums.talew...?topic=342699.0

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

New version of Native vanilla clean 1.174 without mods ready, taken from Steam: https://community.tr...nilla-for-1174/

• Aratar, The_Knight_Who_Says_NI, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and 1 other like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: neogk, mod, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users