Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Remove arena from map rotation

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

It's unbearable. We are back to the time when 4 matches in a row can take place in the arena, but now everything is aggravated by the fact that not only the players choose it, but someone from the admins returned it to auto-rotation. Please get this map out of there. Leave it on the list of voting, okay. The game is full of players.......well..."of exquisite taste", who will always choose it. But for God's sake, let the normal players see something other than this damn arena. Thanks for your attention

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qi4mdrj3jktl1l4kmi

• Elary, Dacket, yrod and 2 others like this

WingedEggJuice

WingedEggJuice

Elite Member

• 177 posts
  • LocationNigeria

It's unbearable. We are back to the time when 4 matches in a row can take place in the arena, but now everything is aggravated by the fact that not only the players choose it, but someone from the admins returned it to auto-rotation. Please get this map out of there. Leave it on the list of voting, okay. The game is full of players.......well..."of exquisite taste", who will always choose it. But for God's sake, let the normal players see something other than this damn arena. Thanks for your attention

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47qi4mdrj3jktl1l4kmi

It's literally everyone's favourite map which is why it is polled so often. Just because you don't have that much room to run around lancing unsuspecting players in the back (the height of skill, might I add) when there's high pop is a you problem.

• (300)Zawisza and Ruf like this

:strawberry:

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

It's literally everyone's favourite map which is why it is polled so often. Just because you don't have that much room to run around lancing unsuspecting players in the back (the height of skill, might I add) when there's high pop is a you problem.

Read my topic again please. You don't get a point

Kamby

Kamby

Legendary Member

• Community Waste
  • 212 posts

Good suggestion Anny :)

I'm not sure how to make a poll on this forum, maybe a fellow admin can comment with a tutorial on that so we can get everyones opinion.

Personally im inclined to agree with Eggjuice. Same way the Arena players hate other maps, the same way non-arena players hate Arena. Its basically what players are in greater numbers. But democracy is key to what maps are played in-game, hence the polling system.

I've played way too much Arena (server :D) recently, and i don't see the constant 4 arena maps in a row. Happens maybe 1 or 2 times a week, but definitely doesn't happen everyday.

Edited by Kamby, 26 May 2021 - 12:05 PM.

• Annabella Campbell likes this

Udklip.jpg

"This ain't over" - WizardLizard, 2021

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

Personally im inclined to agree with Eggjuice. Same way the Arena players hate other maps, the same way non-arena players hate Arena. Its basically what players are in greater numbers. But democracy is key to what maps are played in-game, hence the polling system.

Democracy is not about hearing voices of majority, but about hearing all voices.

Some players want to play other maps, some players just hate Arena for playing it all the time. But they opinion does not matter while 51% of players with trash taste vote for Arena(and always with swads)  again and again even if previous map was Arena.

WingedEggJuice

WingedEggJuice

Elite Member

• 177 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Democracy is not about hearing voices of majority, but about hearing all voices.

Some players want to play other maps, some players just hate Arena for playing it all the time. But they opinion does not matter while 51% of players with trash taste vote for Arena(and always with swads)  again and again even if previous map was Arena.

You are literally the guy who spam polls watch your step which nobody likes which is why nobody plays it.

You are also the guy who barricade spams spawns and overhead spams with great hammer and trash talks everyone who also ironically ban appeals people over 'unfair advantages' when you are killed only once.

I'm sure the people of this community care what you have to say.

A 'perfect' map for you would be one where you can just play great hammer and exploit / door exploit / spawn camp because it's the only way you can get kills.

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

Again EggyShit with her crying :)

WingedEggJuice

WingedEggJuice

Elite Member

• 177 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Read my topic again please. You don't get a point

Then refer to my post again, it's everyone's favourite map why tf would they take it out of rotation. People polling it and you having to play it multiple times is also a you problem.

If you hadn't noticed, majority of the community play inf, they do not want your cav spam maps. Our apologies.

WingedEggJuice

WingedEggJuice

Elite Member

• 177 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Again EggyShit with her crying :)

More of a fair point but whatever floats your boat. Seeing as I am considerably superior to you at the game in every conceivable way (and I don't like exploiting / cheese tactics like door hopping / camping) etc and I'm 'eggyshit' what does that make you? just out of curiosity.

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

Eggy I don`t even read your text to me. Stop spamming every topic with your cry where I wrote something, do a favor to community 

• Joss likes this

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

i believe it was mr Iceqatius who changed DM roster of maps recently, so questions referring to the quanity of Arena maps is onto him.

My opinion - dont like arena, frankly my least favorite of native maps , because you cant really camp anywhere and loose half hp by spawing as horseman and get stuck between some spawnkillers couple of times. Also desert and winter maps are bland for me in general.

• Iceqatius and Kamby like this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

it's everyone's favourite map

No it's not. Far from it.

And you shouldn't hide behind the fact that some players is craeting  the barricades and voting for their favorite card. This is not relevant in this topic.

For about 4 months, the arena was out of rotation, but still a lot of matches were held on it, because people voted. This map doesn't need any help and giving it an advantage and pushing it into the rotation was a mistake.

• Plz I am sorry likes this

Waska

Waska

Popular Member

• 85 posts
  • LocationHeaven

arena is cool

• WingedSquirrel, LA_G_P, Chambermaid and 4 others like this

Very nice

WingedEggJuice

WingedEggJuice

Elite Member

• 177 posts
  • LocationNigeria

Eggy I don`t even read your text to me. Stop spamming every topic with your cry where I wrote something, do a favor to community 

So cute for a new post after I bow you me and aarth trash talk you and you RQ ;'c.

See you on the server next time bae

Kamby

Kamby

Legendary Member

• Community Waste
  • 212 posts

I love Arena, but i support what the players want the most. Thats why we as an admin team are here.

Put it to a vote and i'm sure Icequatius will re-evaluate what to do. Personally i think its great as it is.

Udklip.jpg

"This ain't over" - WizardLizard, 2021

WingedEggJuice

WingedEggJuice

Elite Member

• 177 posts
  • LocationNigeria

No it's not. Far from it.

And you shouldn't hide behind the fact that some players is creting  the barricades and voting for their favorite card. This is not relevant in this topic.

For about 4 months, the arena was out of rotation, but still a lot of matches were held on it, because people voted. This map doesn't need any help and giving it an advantage and pushing it into the rotation was a mistake.

Yes the map that is spam polled by the community every map change is most definitely not the preferred map of the server  :smiling:

And relevant or not I will never miss an opportunity to remind Yrod how beta he is. 10,000 hours of eating bananas, apparently. 

Matyish

Matyish

Advanced Member

• 32 posts
The best Idea would be to do like a system or something when a map can only be like twice in a role,This would be good for everyone even for anny who only plays cavalry whit her Lance?.And yes Today it was Arena 4 times in a role was kinda annoying ,whit legit the same factions swadia 4x times was also kinda annoying.I think people would rather wait 40 minutes and then play other maps if other maps aren't polled ,then wait like today 80 minutes to finally play on other map whit other factions,?
  • yrod, Annabella Campbell and Plz I am sorry like this

Dacket

Dacket

hey u

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 100 posts
yes arena bad pls
  • Joss, WingedSquirrel, yrod and 1 other like this

Dacket

Dacket

hey u

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 100 posts

arena is cool

no u :angry:

• Waska and Umbuz like this

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• High Admin
  • 308 posts

So many words here..its like a daytime soap opera. The Arena is in the rotation only once now, in the beginning. If the map was removed from the list it would still be voted in as much as it is now. Maybe more.

One way to minimise its presence would be to remove voting all together. But that's not a path we are willing to take right now since all the servers except the CB server (technical reasons) has voting activated.

A more approachable way would be active admins changing the map, or temporary suspend voting if one map has been played to much recently or if voting is abused. But all this can't change the fact that the map is popular among the players.

/Later.. :hey:

• Aratar, (300)Zawisza, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users