Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Massive event in Tg Arena

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts
Suggestion: make this event happen.

This will be a massive two-hour event held in Tg Arena, where all regular players of Tg Arena will gather at a specific time/day in Tg Arena to:
1) take some all-players-together pictures in middle of Arena map. 2) take personal pictures with other players. 3) just hang around peacefully among all your Arena friends & enemies.

Just like what we used to do in collage days, it's EXTREMELY important that anyone not aware or not on forum be notified about this by his/her friends so no one misses this social event. We don't want anyone to be left behind.
And, don't be cruel admins - some banned players (depends on if they'll behave well) could be temp-unbanned to participate in the event with their friends then sent back to their dungeons to resume their eternal suffering.

This event may eventually make the server a safer/friendlier place, and not the most-toxic server anymore.
Most importantly, not everyone's staying around forever. These photos will be a way to remember each other by, when the end comes.

Here's how to organize this:

- The admins will have to decide a date/time when most players are usually active. The players must convert that timezone to where they live so they know when it is.
  But the event has to be at least ~7 days from the its approval date, so everyone has enough time to see this, or be informed by their friends.

- The main activity (taking all-players-together pictures) should start at about 30 minutes into the event, so those that come late can catchup.
  The event has to be a full 2 hours. It's only once in an eternity thing. don't rush it. You can always leave if you get bored.

- Arena player limit must be increased to 200, and all weapons must be disabled (or be damageless) so there not be chaos in server.

- Chatting should only be enabled for admins so they give instructions and warn disruptive players that want to ruin the event. Plus 80+ players talking        same time won't be fun.

- Players should ABSOLUTELY not attack anyone with their weapons (if weapons cant be disabled). Suck it up and don't intimidate your old enemies or      there'll be a massacre in server.

- Preferable if players wear the clothes they're most-easily recognized in, and that they maxout their graphics settings & play on Directx9 to make their        pictures look as good as possible.

- Preferable if players who don't regularily play on Tg Arena, or not very interested in event, to avoid joining.
  Cause we want to fill the server with players that KNOW eachtother & are actually enjoying seeing all their friends/enemies/mutuals all together.
  Maybe make server password-protected for the event to avoid randoms/strangers from other servers filling Tg Arena and/or cluelessly attacking the          participating players.
  Then write password in tavern chat 5 minutes before event starts.
  Siege players can make their own event and Arena players could avoid joining theirs. It's only fair.

- The admins can further improve this plan, where needed.

I explained everything needed to make this work.

This won't be perfect, but is worth it and feasible.

I might erase all photos I have after the event, for my own reasons, but still fun to see many familiar faces together, especially seeing old friends that no longer play.

If anyone thinks this is a lame idea, they can simply not play Arena server in those particular 2 hours of that particular day. You won't die I promise.

EXTRA EVENT (a smaller event): We can also make 1 special round (20 mints only) EVERYDAY at specific time when most players are usually active, where all weapons are disabled/damageless.

For this one:
                               - players can just chat or hang around and do whatever activities they like, peacefully.
                               - Banned players will remain banned.
                               - Anyone from any server can Join.

Millions of brain cells were sacrificed writing this crap.

• scatman likes this

Ruf

Ruf

• 24 posts

So basicially a big gang bang in middle for 2 hours where everyone just screams around and doesnt fight? RIP my ears and my nerves.

And pretty boring ngl.

• Rocket, MoB_Griff, Aura* and 2 others like this

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts

So basicially a big gang bang in middle for 2 hours where everyone just screams around and doesnt fight? RIP my ears and my nerves.

And pretty boring ngl.

Simple, don't play at that time. There are reasons I want this to happen. More important than just having fun in the event.

• Just_A_Stalker likes this

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

Managing clan wars 6-7 years ago was already big pain in the arse, what you are suggesting appears to be even bigger managment problems, biggest problem is there will always be those who will reconsider their decisions on last minute and then you get these who never know what's going on and get upset due to confusion. Lot of work to pull this off, if you can get  enough people to agree to this idea, i say why not to help out.

• Traitor522 likes this

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts

Managing clan wars 6-7 years ago was already big pain in the arse, what you are suggesting appears to be even bigger managment problems, biggest problem is there will always be those who will reconsider their decisions on last minute and then you get these who never know what's going on and get upset due to confusion. Lot of work to pull this off, if you can get  enough people to agree to this idea, i say why not to help out.

I know it won't be piece of cake, even though I did my very best to make it as easy as possible. But basically, normal players will only have to inform their Arena friends, and admins will only have to disable weapons/chat & enjoy the event like everyone but also keep eye out for griefers.

Tbh I don't think this needs poll in terms of players' acceptance , cause it's a 1-time event, not a permanent change in server. Plus writing rly exhausts me so I wouldn't bother making another topic for poll, even if it's the only way to make this happen.

If this rly is too much work for the admins responsible, then it's quite understandable why you want to see if enough players are up for it, and I wouldn't mind this event not happening.

Waska

Waska

Popular Member

• 85 posts
  • LocationHeaven

kekw

Very nice

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts

Meh boring community. I'll keep my imagination under control & delete this topic later. Keep doing the usual fighting instead of trying new things that would have positive effects on community in ways unknown to most.

Kamby

Kamby

Legendary Member

• Community Waste
  • 212 posts

If you miss your buddies msg them and join literally any server and press F12 there

Udklip.jpg

"This ain't over" - WizardLizard, 2021

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts

If you miss your buddies msg them and join literally any server and press F12 there

Kinda more reasons there are than that alone.

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

Meh boring community. I'll keep my imagination under control & delete this topic later. Keep doing the usual fighting instead of trying new things that would have positive effects on community in ways unknown to most.

Shouldn't give up on something based on the feedback of others imo, if you have a plan then you should fulfill it ;)

• Ruf and scatman like this

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts

Shouldn't give up on something based on the feedback of others imo, if you have a plan then you should fulfill it ;)

If I was the only one involved in this, I'd surely go through with it regardless of what anyone thought. But u can't ask others (admins) do something difficult & for people that don't seem to appreciate it. Did my part by explaining everything and plan is still there if any1 wants to continue.

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts

All those that like Ruf's comment will get focused & bullied in game

• Aura* and Ruf like this

Wastelord

Wastelord

• 9 posts
  • LocationYugoslavia

Count me in bro

• Traitor522 likes this

Ruf

Ruf

• 24 posts

All those that like Ruf's comment will get focused & bullied in game

I'm scared already :o

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts
  • LocationBiased Admins Heaven

the initiative is great

we used to have saturday journey every week staring every time at the same hour and holding it for 2 hours . BlackDeath would host these events and other admins would help out. the event was a mix of game mods, tdm/battle/ctf. everyone was welcomed and the limit was 200 players. all other servers would be off at the time of event so everyone would come join the event on the same server. at some point BlackDeath started making maps especially for these events. 

White_Potato was a player who enjoyed making events as well. 100 vs 100 tdm fights, i didn't attend them but i heard they were massive, chaotic and really fun.

if you want to inspire from saturday event, i have this old video:

it was really fun.

the event died out, i can't say for certain why because i had less time to join the game. i know there was an attempt to revive saturday journey but many admins were unable to come at the given time to oversee it so the hype died out once again.

once again, Traitor, great initiative so don't give up. there will always be people that will not be satisfied no matter what you do, but you can't please everyone. if the majority enjoys your idea, that's all that matter.

i don't want to demotivate you but there are few things to consider as well:

• there are some siege admins that are pretty active lately but i'm not sure if they are willing or know to host big events
  • there are players that want something new but most of them don't come to forum for discussions
  • most big mouth players that want the exact same old boring settings, have a forum account and will go against it. better ask opinions directly on the server too
  • i doubt anyone will want to come in the server for 2 hours just to sit in a position for some pictures. they would be more motivated to do this for 5-10 minutes after they had fun in a well organized event
  • TG has an event mode for custom and preset gear(armor and weapons). you can take this into account 
  • the success of the event depends highly on its organization. if you drop 2 ideas and expect admins to take over, they will probably will not. 

if you are willing to create something fun ( let's call it Traitor's kick-ass event) where you plan the key activities to do in 1-2 hours, you will motivate both admins and players.

i'm sure admins will help you out and you can work together if the idea has potential.

• Aratar, Aura*, Ruf and 3 others like this

giphy.gif

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts

the initiative is great

we used to have saturday journey every week staring every time at the same hour and holding it for 2 hours . BlackDeath would host these events and other admins would help out. the event was a mix of game mods, tdm/battle/ctf. everyone was welcomed and the limit was 200 players. all other servers would be off at the time of event so everyone would come join the event on the same server. at some point BlackDeath started making maps especially for these events. 

White_Potato was a player who enjoyed making events as well. 100 vs 100 tdm fights, i didn't attend them but i heard they were massive, chaotic and really fun.

if you want to inspire from saturday event, i have this old video:

it was really fun.

the event died out, i can't say for certain why because i had less time to join the game. i know there was an attempt to revive saturday journey but many admins were unable to come at the given time to oversee it so the hype died out once again.

once again, Traitor, great initiative so don't give up. there will always be people that will not be satisfied no matter what you do, but you can't please everyone. if the majority enjoys your idea, that's all that matter.

i don't want to demotivate you but there are few things to consider as well:

• there are some siege admins that are pretty active lately but i'm not sure if they are willing or know to host big events
  • there are players that want something new but most of them don't come to forum for discussions
  • most big mouth players that want the exact same old boring settings, have a forum account and will go against it. better ask opinions directly on the server too
  • i doubt anyone will want to come in the server for 2 hours just to sit in a position for some pictures. they would be more motivated to do this for 5-10 minutes after they had fun in a well organized event
  • TG has an event mode for custom and preset gear(armor and weapons). you can take this into account 
  • the success of the event depends highly on its organization. if you drop 2 ideas and expect admins to take over, they will probably will not. 

if you are willing to create something fun ( let's call it Traitor's kick-ass event) where you plan the key activities to do in 1-2 hours, you will motivate both admins and players.

i'm sure admins will help you out and you can work together if the idea has potential.

100vs100 tdm/battle events seem way more appealing than just taking pictures, even simpler to create & manage. Last ~20 minutes could be dedicated for pictures & players will be more likely to take after all the adrenaline they had in a massive battle. You gave out some rly good insights.
Wish I was there during those events.

The problem's if players didn't like my initial idea, all the efforts to make it happen would be wasted & in vein when few players attend.
I'm sure if Blackdeath was still around 100v100 would be much more likely to happen, but even without him it's still easier than my original plan.

Voting's not needed if it's a 1-time event. Asking players opinions on SERVER is useless as it's too chaotic & no way to verify them.
If it really is 100v100 then definitely should be a weekly event, but might need poll.

Tbh I expected all this to be as simple as admins either refusing, or accepting the idea & taking over.
I'm not an admin so giving out ideas is LITERALLY all I can do.
They would then decide on points mentioned like password-protection or if banned players should be released from their dungeons.

This got too complicated for me to handle. Too many things/ideas that I should be considering. Much exhausting brainwork & writing. Won't pretend I'll be the guy doing everything then leave everything hanging there. Someone else should continue.  Will still happily support the 100v100 plan & give tips if needed.

• Elary likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users