Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Are admins Allowed to Change the map to what they want and then cancel polls in progress that they don't like?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

mumbuz

mumbuz

Advanced Member

• 40 posts

So I assume we got arena 3 times in a row, idk I joined on the second time maybe.  So Joss decides to change to a big never played map because rotation went to arena.   Reason being to go from a played a lot to a map that isn't played much.   Also cancelling a poll once we got onto the lesser played map.  Also disabling polls on the not played match.  

I am just curious if this is allowed?  Certainly isn't common.  

• Aratar likes this

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

So I assume we got arena 3 times in a row, idk I joined on the second time maybe.  So Joss decides to change to a big never played map because rotation went to arena.   Reason being to go from a played a lot to a map that isn't played much.   Also cancelling a poll once we got onto the lesser played map.  Also disabling polls on the not played match.  

I am just curious if this is allowed?  Certainly isn't common.  

well i wanted to add some flavour to server after several (2-3) full time Arena map in row, so i changed Arena to Snow Arena by Lag Queen, later to Kilimanjaro's Arena by Kilimanjaro and yes admins can change maps if necessary + disable polls but have to turn polls back on later which i did in Kilimanjaro's Arena. Didn't plan to upset anyone over small event  :hmm:

• Aratar, (300)Zawisza, BamBam and 3 others like this

mumbuz

mumbuz

Advanced Member

• 40 posts

well i wanted to add some flavour to server after several (2-3) full time Arena map in row, so i changed Arena to Snow Arena by Lag Queen, later to Kilimanjaro's Arena by Kilimanjaro and yes admins can change maps if necessary + disable polls but have to turn polls back on later which i did in Kilimanjaro's Arena. Didn't plan to upset anyone over small event  :hmm:

Isn't a case of being upset, just wondering if admins are allowed to do that.   I just think if players don't want arena 3 times in a row then they can vote for a map other than arena.  Probably wouldn't pass but if that's what the players want that's what the players want.    Seems weird to me for a admin to suddenly come in and impose what they want on the players.    

Elary did this fairly well for CTF events where there would be a poll for CTF rather than just abruptly changing the game mode.   You could have easily let people poll or even ask people if they want a different (or not in rotation map) then do a poll.  

• Kamby, WingedEggJuice and will graham like this

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

Isn't a case of being upset, just wondering if admins are allowed to do that.   I just think if players don't want arena 3 times in a row then they can vote for a map other than arena. 

Only <80 IQ can thing like this. If 51% always wants arena should we play arena 100% every time and don't give a shit about 49% or we might play it 51 times from 100?

Stop thinking that 50+% is democracy. It is totalitarianism of majority, nothing more.

mumbuz

mumbuz

Advanced Member

• 40 posts

Only <80 IQ can thing like this. If 51% always wants arena should we play arena 100% every time and don't give a shit about 49% or we might play it 51 times from 100?

Stop thinking that 50+% is democracy. It is totalitarianism of majority, nothing more.

I mean that's a form of democracy or do you want 80% majority for polls?   I suggested other methods too that joss could have used as well.  I think one person changing the map for everyone else then or stopping polls is a bit more "totalitarian".  

• MoB_Griff likes this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

I just found it funny that even admin changes the map, because there are too much arena recently.

The solution to the problem is very simple. Remove the arena from the  auto-rotation but keep it in poll list as 2-3 months ago.

Given how popular this map is, players will still vote for this. But please let the players who dont want to see TG_Arena becoming a repetitive swamp and interested in the remaining 90% of the maps also enjoy the game.

When most of the "loud" arena fans come into the game, especially in evening, it is impossible to change the map to something other than the arena. Plus, sometimes after the arena there is an arena again.

A great experience, I must say.

• Dacket and scatman like this

Kamby

Kamby

Legendary Member

• Community Waste
  • 212 posts

Abuse

Udklip.jpg

"This ain't over" - WizardLizard, 2021

mumbuz

mumbuz

Advanced Member

• 40 posts

I just found it funny that even admin changes the map, because there are too much arena recently.

The solution to the problem is very simple. Remove the arena from the  auto-rotation but keep it in poll list as 2-3 months ago.

Given how popular this map is, players will still vote for this. But please let the players who dont want to see TG_Arena becoming a repetitive swamp and interested in the remaining 90% of the maps also enjoy the game.

When most of the "loud" arena fans come into the game, especially in evening, it is impossible to change the map to something other than the arena. Plus, sometimes after the arena there is an arena again.

A great experience, I must say.

A lot of maps are big open cav or archer fests and khergits come up yet I have to accept that too, even if I don't like it.   Obviously map rotation is up to admins but overall this issue comes down to whether the majority of players get decide what they want to play or whether the admin decides what everyone else will play.   If its based on what the players want and an admin wants to go to a different map or mode then they can do what Elary did and put it to vote .  Depending on the popularity of the map the server is already on, it can be a way to gage the popularity of the map the admin suggests as well.   Otherwise the ability for the players to try and change map based on what the majority want can clearly be suspended at any time by an admin and the server becomes subject to that admins whims.   For example randomly changing the server to TDM on Nord town with everyone being Nords with preset unchangeable loadouts and no explanation for that change from the admin. 

Maybe its just about consistency, are the admins largely their to enforce the rules or to enforce their will onto the server?  

• Aura* and Kamby like this

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• High Admin
  • 308 posts

In short...YES.

All admins have the authority to change maps, and to temporarily alter any stuff on the servers in order (mostly) to run events or game modes like CTF. As long as it is not abused and the settings are returned to standard default when they are done. Different admins will do this in different ways. Some will ask the players before doing anything. A few admins will never bother with changing maps or doing any events. Others will just do it, usually after players have asked for it or if the situation requires it. We leave that to each admin to decide.

But i agree that it's a good idea to have open communications and some transparency when making decisions of this nature. It's not required though.

• (300)Zawisza, Shaga, Umbuz and 1 other like this

mumbuz

mumbuz

Advanced Member

• 40 posts

In short...YES.

All admins have the authority to change maps, and to temporarily alter any stuff on the servers in order (mostly) to run events or game modes like CTF. As long as it is not abused and the settings are returned to standard default when they are done. Different admins will do this in different ways. Some will ask the players before doing anything. A few admins will never bother with changing maps or doing any events. Others will just do it, usually after players have asked for it or if the situation requires it. We leave that to each admin to decide.

But i agree that it's a good idea to have open communications and some transparency when making decisions of this nature. It's not required though.

A very good idea to have open communications, unless you want confusion. 

PrawyISprawiedliwy

PrawyISprawiedliwy

• 13 posts

based admin

• Aratar likes this

Ayna

Ayna

Advanced Member

• 32 posts

Add Snow Arena by Flag Queen to rotation. And make CTF polls. :wub:

• Annabella Campbell likes this

TheHunterMikiPL

TheHunterMikiPL

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 123 posts

Imagine playing on the same map over and over again

• Annabella Campbell likes this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

Add Snow Arena by Flag Queen to rotation. And make CTF polls. :wub:

Snow arena was good. Only issues were two healing spots. If I remember correctly they could heal player to full health in like 2 seconds. The only map where its possible to get 100-1 score

mumbuz

mumbuz

Advanced Member

• 40 posts

Snow arena was good. Only issues were two healing spots. If I remember correctly they could heal player to full health in like 2 seconds. The only map where its possible to get 100-1 score

Isn't snow arena the flat map surrounded by walls with some buildings randomly placed and a circular spawn area surrounded by a raised area so archers can camp and spawn kill?  Might be good for cav and some archers but not inf. 

• Aura* likes this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

Isn't snow arena the flat map surrounded by walls with some buildings randomly placed and a circular spawn area surrounded by a raised area so archers can camp and spawn kill?  Might be good for cav and some archers but not inf. 

I may be wrong, but this map consisted of two large areas in the form of circle arenas connected by a narrow bridge

TheHunterMikiPL

TheHunterMikiPL

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 123 posts

Btw rn on TG_Arena we are playing Arena fourth time in a row :^)

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

Btw rn on TG_Arena we are playing Arena fourth time in a row :^)

Just wonderful! It's a pity that the constant matches in the arena have deprived me of interest in the game for a while, so I can't enjoy this entertaining experience myself

BamBam

BamBam

Ancient Member

• 326 posts
According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), a guide created by the American Psychiatric Association used to diagnose mental disorders, people with ASD have:

• Difficulty with communication and interaction with other people
  • Restricted interests and repetitive behaviors
  • Symptoms that hurt the person’s ability to function properly in school, work, and other areas of life

Source: https://www.nimh.nih...o years of life.

• yrod likes this

scatman

scatman

Advanced Member

• 39 posts
  • LocationWales

According to the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), a guide created by the American Psychiatric Association used to diagnose mental disorders, people with ASD have:

• Difficulty with communication and interaction with other people
  • Restricted interests and repetitive behaviors
  • Symptoms that hurt the person’s ability to function properly in school, work, and other areas of life

hey, that's me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users