Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

New Map Weeks has begun

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• High Admin
  • 311 posts

Several new/newish maps have been added to the server rotation and will be tested over the next couple of weeks.

The new maps are:

Wolfpack Arena by Lag_Queen

Castle Regreth by Iceqatius

Chaos in Yalen edited by Iceqatius

Nouvelle Carte by Frenchy

Ze Jungle by Joss

Ruins Retuned edited by Iceqatius

Great Tour by Lag_Queen

Any civilized feedback is welcome.

/Later.. :hey:

• Joss, (300)Zawisza, Saddoveanu and 5 others like this

BamBam

BamBam

Ancient Member

• 326 posts

Lag Queen maps  :(  :(  :(  :(

• Princess_Zumba and LordChromosom like this

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

One with green mist is really something! Don't know if it be suitable for DeathMatch, but exploring it is fun.

Hope, Watch Your Steps wasn't removed in favor of new maps.

• scatman and Lag_Queen like this

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• High Admin
  • 311 posts

"One with green mist is really something! Don't know if it be suitable for DeathMatch, but exploring it is fun."

That one is Wolfpack Arena. We'll see if it makes the cut, but you never know (usually) if something is suitable until you have played it at least a few times.

"Hope, Watch Your Steps wasn't removed in favor of new maps."

I knew i had forgot something!! :lol: :P

• Lag_Queen likes this

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

Ze_Jungle tree problems i detected:
*trees you can climb on in online mode become slippy which i wasnt aware of, so  need to edit 2 trees that lead to balloons.

*2 trees you can cut on launcher island fail to fall

scatman

scatman

Advanced Member

• 39 posts
  • LocationWales

Ze_Jungle tree problems i detected:
*trees you can climb on in online mode become slippy which i wasnt aware of, so  need to edit 2 trees that lead to balloons.

*2 trees you can cut on launcher island fail to fall

unless I missed something, there should be a way to climb back up if you fall down - maybe a door or teleport at that cave entrance.

I liked the map though 

• Traitor522 and Muf like this

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

"One with green mist is really something! Don't know if it be suitable for DeathMatch, but exploring it is fun."

That one is Wolfpack Arena. We'll see if it makes the cut, but you never know (usually) if something is suitable until you have played it at least a few times.

"Hope, Watch Your Steps wasn't removed in favor of new maps."

I knew i had forgot something!! :lol: :P

Just one problem with that map: there are two long very long walls around the center, and if you spawn beyond it, you have to travel for 2 minutes to the center - longer if you spawn at the edge of map(not from walls side). And it's very boring to walk then with no enemies except horsefucks 

• Iceqatius likes this

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

unless I missed something, there should be a way to climb back up if you fall down - maybe a door or teleport at that cave entrance.

there's a trick in every hole to get out, 1 has lift, others should have climbable location

mumbuz

mumbuz

Advanced Member

• 40 posts

Some feedback for ze_jungle.   I like the idea but its way bigger than what I expected from the previews, i feel like someone shrunk me down and then put in the map (apart from the trees which seem normal sized).   The outer areas feel huge and boring to me due to just being flat open areas.  With all the raised areas perhaps this map will become an archer camper fest with infantry having no cover.    On the topic of size, when I saw the previews I thought the outer area would be for more open fighting and the bridges would be fighting more like watch your steps so the map can have two ways of doing things and there could be a challenge to get into the middle.    Instead most are 5 or more people wide and with the map being so big it didn't seem likely find many if any people on the same bridge as you.   Also, like NVA base (i think? the jungle ruin map), with things supersized there are horribly stretched textures.  Not as bad as in NVA base though.

I think its a cool idea and has cool stuff in it but those are the criticisms anyway. 

• Iceqatius likes this

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• High Admin
  • 311 posts

Nouvelle Carte by Frenchy has been removed from rotation due to size and the fact that some peoples potato machines can't handle all the items on it. A well designed map but to big and a bit to top heavy.

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

For the most part, the new maps are nice, but one of them ( I don't remember its name - custom map something-something) is quite simple...well, it's just bad, honestly. This is a giant arena in the form of a " or some concert, completely stuck with invisible walls, low-quality models of "spectators", awfull spawn points and located at a giant distance from each other...points of accumulation of players. Really, what is this all about? It's bad.

• LordChromosom likes this

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• High Admin
  • 311 posts

AC, that one is called The Great Tour and will be removed from rotation now that Sabaton has started their tour. The rest of the maps will probably remain in rotation with some occasional updates.

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts
Sabaton is crap:
too big
too toxic
FUCKING INVISIBLE WALLS EVERYWHERE (why you hate us so much, Lag?
  • LordChromosom likes this

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts
  • LocationBiased Admins Heaven

I've got the chance to play on 5 of these maps mentioned:

1.ruins returned

2.ze jungle

3.wolfpack arena

4.great tour

5.chaos in yelen

i hope no one will take it personally, i'll be objective

1. ruins returned

• this map is too open
  • it's fit more for battle than dm
  • produces cav fest and archer spam
  • neogk version with the river in the middle was more entertaining and had more obstacles. if you plan to bring it back for dm, i suggest add the other version

2. ze jungle

• it's huge but at least the fps is constant
  • these 4 holes in the middle, if they had a purpose, like get a balloon or something would have been entertaining but as it is now doesn't really makes sense to me
  • not enough obstacles, cav and archer are dominating, enforcing spawn kill
  • the map is so big the 2 factions rarely meet
  • it takes pretty long time to meet an opponent, especially if there are under 30 players on the server.
  • in short is just too big for dm

3. wolfpack arena

• this map is pretty decent in size
  • the cave entrance that lead to the big room serves no purpose, only traps the players in, only way would be to spec and reenter which is waste of time
  • too many objects added that decreases the fps. personally i couldn't play as most of the time i had fps around 30-40
    Spoiler

Spoiler
  • there are spots which makes the player stuck
    Spoiler

4.great tour (sabaton?)

• Spoiler
    you don't need experience to know what's wrong with this map, other players have already made it clear

5.chaos in yelen

• the map is interesting but overfilled with many items that drops the fps
    fps
    fps
  • for me this map is unplayable and my "potato laptop" has an nvidia geforce gtx 950m and a i7- 7500u processor. warband is not so demanding, that's why i play it. imagine there are people who have it worse.

*note for mappers and admins overseeing the map changes

• the size of the maps depend on the game type  
  1. dm/duel/battle/tdm- small to medium 
  2. siege/invasion - medium to large
  3. cpt. battle -large 

admins should check this before adding the map into the map list or else you will have the disaster of 1-2 years ago where maps were added without being checked and unchanged for 2 months, resulting in decrease of player base

• beware of objects that drop fps ( fire/ brazier/ torches/ light/oversized props/ trees etc.)
  • this is more of a suggestion - if you add all maps to rotation at once, you will have no maps to interchange later on. imagine you add all the 200 siege maps into rotation. players get used to them, creates monotony resulting in boredom and decrease of player base.

• Joss, Dacket, Princess_Zumba and 3 others like this

giphy.gif

Traitor522

Traitor522

Popular Member

• 69 posts

5.chaos in yelen

• the map is interesting but overfilled with many items that drops the fps
    fps
    fps
  • for me this map is unplayable and my "potato laptop" has an nvidia geforce gtx 950m and a i7- 7500u processor. warband is not so demanding, that's why i play it. imagine there are people who have it worse.

Should uncheck vsync, unleashing fps limit. Does help sometimes, as there's a higher safety margin for fps (e.g., dropping from stable ~130 to ~100 in demanding maps... instead of 60 to below). Doesn't make much sense but I've tried it & saying from experiment. Plus, ask alot boring tryhards like me & they'll confirm that one should get the MOST fps they can even if u have 60hz screen, as it rly does make swings/thrusts smoother.

I recommend any1 reading this to off vsynce, for both advantages.
This is the most enjoyable map so if they remove it based on ur feedback I'll have to start focusing u

• Elary likes this

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts
Just week ago turned vsync off. All these years my potential was limited :(

But it will not help if you have old laptop. And question here is how long should we wait all players with necro PC have them upgraded. You know, it is 20k21 outside, and you can play M&B on PC from 2006.

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts
  • LocationBiased Admins Heaven

Should uncheck vsync, unleashing fps limit. Does help sometimes, as there's a higher safety margin for fps (e.g., dropping from stable ~130 to ~100 in demanding maps... instead of 60 to below). Doesn't make much sense but I've tried it & saying from experiment. Plus, ask alot boring tryhards like me & they'll confirm that one should get the MOST fps they can even if u have 60hz screen, as it rly does make swings/thrusts smoother.

I recommend any1 reading this to off vsynce, for both advantages.
This is the most enjoyable map so if they remove it based on ur feedback I'll have to start focusing u

Spoiler

even if i cap it at 130, my monitor refresh rate is 60. the higher frame cap won't magically make my monitor refresh rate increase. also, capping fps protects your gpu/cpu from over-heating. my laptop had heating problems since day one. i would rather play capped than reach the thermal throttle.

i like the map as well, don't get me wrong. it's just the edit that has made the map unplayable.

• Traitor522 likes this

giphy.gif

Iceqatius

Iceqatius

Captain

• High Admin
  • 311 posts

Thank you for taking the time to write a very good assessment Elary, i don't agree with all you said but i do appreciate the feedback. You are right that this version of Ruins (Retuned) is still a bit to open, but no more so then Two Caves or Frogs Lair. Of course, nothing is final so i may alter it some more to make it more enjoyable for all classes. The version you talked about is still there though, just vote for Ruins.

As for Ze Jungle, i agree its a bit to big but i wanted to give it a chance since you never know what will be liked or disliked. Wolfpack Arena i think just needs some small fixes and optimisations, when that is done I'm certain it will be a good dm map. As for Great Tour, that one will be removed when the next reboot happens. Artsy design on both maps though.

Now Chaos in Yalen is a edited map from single-player. It's one of those places you visited once or twice when playing and then just used the menu interface for the rest of the game. Maybe i could have trimmed it a bit more but i wanted to keep some of the original design and look. I'll look into it and see if i can optimize it a bit more.

As long as we are talking about maps, are you working on any new stuff Elary? Also, i want to let everyone know that the Amphitheater map will soon return with some new surprises hidden inside some walls. I have not decided if that gloomy skybox will remain though, if anyone has any input regarding that map. Don't hesitate to speak up now.

Ramun

Ramun

Elite Member

• 110 posts
  • LocationTihr

Now I don't suppose this is the right place for it but could you take it into consideration reserve a key or two for "My Lord" and "Away with you, vile beggar" seeing as how they are much too iconic to be stuffed together with the rest of the chants in the random chant key list?

• yrod likes this

His Lordship, Ramun, approves of the above.

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

Now I don't suppose this is the right place for it but could you take it into consideration reserve a key or two for "My Lord" and "Away with you, vile beggar" seeing as how they are much too iconic to be stuffed together with the rest of the chants in the random chant key list?

I would map every phrase with unique number and do so for 5-10 keys on keyboard, and give ability to users to match them in some config file as they like to form personal set of phrases and expres themselves to others

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users