Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Issue on "Motte and Bailey"

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Remono

Remono

M&S police guard

• 63 posts
  • LocationBern

Hi guys.

Was playing on the siege server today and encountered some (at least I consider it) kind of bug.

The wooden gates at flag can only be opened from the inside. This lead to some bizarre situation when two attackers managed to get inside and close it.

Some defenders then tried to chop the gate down to get to flag since you can't stop the enemy from caturing otherwise. One of the admins (Prade, not blaming him for doing so)

then kicked some of the gate destroyers.

Is there any chance you could fix the gate so it can be opened by both sides or replace it by some other prop that can.

Thanks for your work!

Remono

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
  • LocationBannerlord Heaven
Its not a bug, I think this is just stragetic to do (stand at flag ans let noone in)and an admin should watch why they are chopping down the door and for this reason it is k

Remono

Remono

M&S police guard

• 63 posts
  • LocationBern

Well the kicks got out even if it was for this reason, so you either need to instruct your admins not to kick or the door needs a fix, in my opinion.

And when talking about strategic I don't think defenders ever got locked out of their own castle ever in history ^^

• BlackDeath, LizardWizard and Amamama like this

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

I don't think we can do something. Those gates work like that in the game. If attackers get inside without break it, is because defenders are stupid and open it when attackers are near, like they do in other maps (ex. minas tirith).

• BlackDeath and LizardWizard like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

there are many maps (not only Motte) with this kind of doors, and it works like KA said, defenders should be enough clever to manage/use this, if they know how to play, ofc :D

the idea is that defenders can use doors to go out, but if they leave the "security" of castle going out, its a/his problem, and doors keep closed to all outdoor

Remono

Remono

M&S police guard

• 63 posts
  • LocationBern

Well the only problem on this map is that it's the only map where you can absolutely lock the flag by closing, other maps have those gates more away from flag and more defenders spawning inside.

Another issue on this map just occured today: when shooting the gatehouse with a trebuchet while the gate is closed you won't be able to ever open the gate again in this round.

http://images.akamai...DE08E87009D365/

• BlackDeath likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

Well the only problem on this map is that it's the only map where you can absolutely lock the flag by closing, other maps have those gates more away from flag and more defenders spawning inside.

Another issue on this map just occured today: when shooting the gatehouse with a trebuchet while the gate is closed you won't be able to ever open the gate again in this round.

http://images.akamai...DE08E87009D365/

well for first problem, it should be solved for team defending, think :)

for second problem, I saw this online so yes, this map need re-edition to fix some bugs, same that Citadel map, which have same problem when someone destroy gatehouse, and some objects remains in the air after destruction.

btw, until re-edition, attackers can pass trought, using little ways at sides of gate bugged, so defenders should build barricades after this happen at least...

not easy but this add realism :D

Thanks for info.

Remono

Remono

M&S police guard

• 63 posts
  • LocationBern

Thanks for the answers  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users