Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Testing windows 8.1 vs 10, other systems and other questions about for game

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

I was bored in last days, and I decided to install and test windows 10 system in another different HD that I have, together with currently running w8.1 HD's system that I have too...

(now I have 2 "shytstems" ready to run/test/crash...  :loool:  :down: :banane: ) , and well, this is what I get, after test both :)

Changes/differences between both using same hardware, for your info:

38WUk0d.jpg

btw, it don't say any...  lags online remains!!!  :child:  :viking2:

:beerbeer:

:D

ps: Really I have Enterprise version for both systems, but well, its same than Pro.

Feel free to post some +info if want.

• WatchDog and CharlesBef like this

WatchDog

WatchDog

Legendary Member

• Ex Staff
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSoviet Russia

Todos les derechos reservados !

sounds like a spell cast from Harry potter :D

btw,did u notice any changes in FPS ?

All animals are equal , but some are more equal than others.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

spanish version :D

no tested so much yet, I'm on 8.1 now, but I go change 10 again... I feel like same but will post later changes if there are

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Monitoring Warband

This is mine PC's screen (dual core), with warband running and testing his process...   and is "using 2 cores"...    maybe?

also I'm using windows 10 now and may this make better use of resources and cores.

34mjYo9.jpg

WatchDog

WatchDog

Legendary Member

• Ex Staff
  • 234 posts
  • LocationSoviet Russia

http://www.pcworld.c...or-fastest.html

i dont think there is a big difference between those two .

i will stay with windows 7 as it's still offering fantastic performance

All animals are equal , but some are more equal than others.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

yes, not enough difference to change, +add also some troubles with old software that can't run anymore in W10 (even using compatibility mode), keep on with w7 until/while you can ;)

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

forgot too, I had almost 2 hours disabling (+looking for where/how before) all "new things" that w10 system implemented to "spy" us, and catch all our data/job/use in PC/etc...  damn!!! :viking2:

I know that old systems do it also, but it's too much with w10

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
  • LocationBannerlord Heaven

the problem is, w10 is free not sure for how long though, and it will be future proof w7 won't and will be dropped by windows in years.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

After have/work some time in all, even using system hide programs like gpedit.msc (best for me, but this is only in Pro versions) and so, I see few differences between XP-SP3 / 7 / 8.1 / 10, these are mostly aesthetic, but internally is almost same. Btw, somethings are improved in new systems, obviously, but you will lost compatibility with some old hardware and software.

But don't scare yet, I'm using hardware from 2007 (graphic card / Ram / HD's / wifi card / etc...) and all is working fine with 8.1 and 10 (even better if I can say, than with old XP-SP3 I had then) :)

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

lucky me that don't like steam!!!  :lol:

A Jesus

A Jesus

Ancient Member

• 707 posts

linux

• KingArthur and Omen like this
xXxChirstxXx 1:19-95rus, Yolo.

Brothers guna miss; Haters guna jell; Yolo guna swag; Ginger gon to hell;

For I am, Juses, #twice a life having yo mama and lay egg; pray, a peasant, as hear you I, warm is tea in an tea partea yet,

Thus living a core of justice in our hearts and she-clint's, and living thay spirit of teen hood 360 noscope, and blessing 24/7 our being

With great sweg, as with great sweg, comes great portion of seamen right up your eye; and nay it only; #hadmom.

You may take me away to thay army, may I but take away your mother and had sex.

© Jesis Chirst, king of peoples, and Jews. 22/8/14

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Yes, linux is good choice if you play only m&b and have well supported hardware.

@Black, i think you see always same performance with all os because you've a bit old hardware, like me. :D Sofwares can't do miracles for us. :P

Ps. @Jesus, what distro do you use ?

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

King, in WXP-SP3 I can't play with all at maximum, now with w10 I can't at 100% properly (with ~150 players), but at 95% of maximum settings yes :D

About miracles, I remember have played the game Gothic 3 (single player and end it fully ^_^ ) wich when I try to play for first time, was unplayable (maybe 5-10 fps), with low at minimum settings at the moment it was released, but then some time later, and using a mod made for a community of modders (mod with a size of around +1,5 Gb if I remember well), the game changed totally (about playability I mean) and could be played almost at medium performance setiings :D so, yes, sometimes, is possible I think, and even more, it isn't same directX9 than directX10 for same hardware (talking if hardware can manage it ofc) :)

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

That is called optimization. :)

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Then w10 a little is better optimized for mine old hardware, and finally I got some good of microsoft (read "microshit" :D)

A Jesus

A Jesus

Ancient Member

• 707 posts

Yes, linux is good choice if you play only m&b and have well supported hardware.

@Black, i think you see always same performance with all os because you've a bit old hardware, like me. :D Sofwares can't do miracles for us. :P

Ps. @Jesus, what distro do you use ?

i use

Cygwin+Kali for desktop PC

Kubuntu+Kali for i3 multimedia laptop,

Lubuntu+Kali for shit 8yrs old netbook (hackbook)

Android for phone. -_-

and shitload of other linuxes and even unixes in army for different purposes

wbu?

xXxChirstxXx 1:19-95rus, Yolo.

Brothers guna miss; Haters guna jell; Yolo guna swag; Ginger gon to hell;

For I am, Juses, #twice a life having yo mama and lay egg; pray, a peasant, as hear you I, warm is tea in an tea partea yet,

Thus living a core of justice in our hearts and she-clint's, and living thay spirit of teen hood 360 noscope, and blessing 24/7 our being

With great sweg, as with great sweg, comes great portion of seamen right up your eye; and nay it only; #hadmom.

You may take me away to thay army, may I but take away your mother and had sex.

© Jesis Chirst, king of peoples, and Jews. 22/8/14

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

re-posted here:

Which program you used for that or how did you find all the stuff? As w10 is quite some spyware but most you can put off I heard.

I go "configuration" and check all there, carefully step by step, disabling all shit,
also you can run "gpedit.msc" (Group Police Editor, but it only works/is in best/high versions of windows-systems like pro or enterprise and so, not in basic), once inside, you will have free access to all your system ;)

hint: what you change in equipment's config (in gpedit.msc), over ride that is changed in user's config

Here is a link explaining it a little: https://www.itechtic...indows-10-home/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users