Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Feedback on maps

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Remono

Remono

M&S police guard

• 63 posts
  • LocationBern

Hi guys

I got some feedback on two of the maps:

Nr. 27:  Wheatwudd Tower

The map didn't really feel like a siege to play.

Both rounds the attacking side was able to open the gate and swarm all over the map in under two minutes.

From that point on if kinda feels as if roles where reversed with you as defender having to fight through dozens of attackers to get to the gate controll you are supposed to defend.

The controlls were lost quite quickly both times which leads to the last part of the map.

Let's call this second part "The Garage Sale".

The attackers have some nice lines of fire right into the flag area which leads to the defenders hugging the wall, looked kinda funny...

Attached File  Archers firing on flag.jpg   65.21KB   2 downloads

Attached File  Wallhugging.jpg   65.88KB   1 downloads

Also it seems to be possible to close in the attackers in the flag and make it impossible for defenders to reach it.

Attached File  Closed flag area.jpg   65.18KB   0 downloads

One possible solution could be to close the backside of the flag wall for defenders not to get shot from the tower when at flag. Also I would suggest to make the upper level near the tower unreachable for cavalry (to slow the attackers down and reduce the cavalry spam).

Nr. 28: Nairut patrol

One of the cavalry spawns is in the basement of a tower with no way to get out with your horse (at least I didn't find one).

Attached File  Nairut Cavalry spawn.jpg   89.42KB   1 downloads

Thanks for your time and awesome work on the server!

• Aeneu, BlackDeath, Aratar and 3 others like this

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio

Hi guys

Both rounds the attacking side was able to open the gate and swarm all over the map in under two minutes.

From that point on if kinda feels as if roles where reversed with you as defender having to fight through dozens of attackers to get to the gate controll you are supposed to defend.

The controlls were lost quite quickly both times which leads to the last part of the map.

Let's call this second part "The Garage Sale".

The attackers have some nice lines of fire right into the flag area which leads to the defenders hugging the wall, looked kinda funny...

attachicon.gifArchers firing on flag.jpg

attachicon.gifWallhugging.jpg

Also it seems to be possible to close in the attackers in the flag and make it impossible for defenders to reach it.

attachicon.gifClosed flag area.jpg

One possible solution could be to close the backside of the flag wall for defenders not to get shot from the tower when at flag. Also I would suggest to make the upper level near the tower unreachable for cavalry (to slow the attackers down and reduce the cavalry spam).

Nr. 28: Nairut patrol

One of the cavalry spawns is in the basement of a tower with no way to get out with your horse (at least I didn't find one).

attachicon.gifNairut Cavalry spawn.jpg

Thanks for your time and awesome work on the server!

I always hated this spawn point also; respawning here, is like your respawn time is double than the actual respawning delay. A respawned player takes so long to get to any where significant.

My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

The game doesn't allow to set troop specific spawns. So i can't prevent the cavalry spawn there, except removing the spawn completely.

• BlackDeath and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

The_Knight_Who_Says_NI

The_Knight_Who_Says_NI

Old Shrubber

• Ex Staff
  • 583 posts
  • LocationIn my Shrubbery.

Hi guys

I've seen defenders win on this map, not always but i would say it's 60/40 for attackers. As always it depends on the teams.

Technically it is possible but quite difficult to achieve unless attacking team is well organised.  There are other maps that are easier for that "stategy".

To me the one and only map that feels unbalanced is Saxon Winter. For all the nice atmosphere it possess it's an auto win for attackers everytime.

I understand that it is meant to be played with 100+ pple, but so far, the max pop i've seen must have been around 80, and it was brutal.

IMHO the distance between Maingate/walls and flag is too short.

Once Gate is broken, all what attackers have to do is rush the few meters to the flag. With the 20 sec respawn, defenders can't contain the flow.

• BlackDeath likes this
Tis but a scratch

Pyrrha

Pyrrha

Ancient Member

• Community Waste
  • 381 posts
  • LocationPeche s Heart ♥

The game doesn't allow to set troop specific spawns. So i can't prevent the cavalry spawn there, except removing the spawn completely.

would be a good idea,

honnestly i dont understand why there is one there,

this tower has a blind basis and its bottom is useless

i remember before i know this map well, always hated spawn there,

trying to get out by different ways and finally remembered there was none (except going on top ofc)

About specific spawns,

on many maps, cavs dont spawn on walls where inf. & archers do, no ?

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Saxon Winter will be removed on next server restart.

Nairut spawns will be moved.

@Pyrrha, i don't know how the game decides to spawn the cavalry. I only know that i can't choose what troop can spawn in an entry point, except forcing it with a script.

• BlackDeath, The_Knight_Who_Says_NI, Remono and 2 others like this

Remono

Remono

M&S police guard

• 63 posts
  • LocationBern

thanks alot  :applause:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users