Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

How to find someone on Steam

Steam

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Greetings everyone!

As I observed, some people have troubles when it comes to searching the Steam database of players, in order to seek one. Here is a brief guide explaining how to succeed in finding a user on Steam. Search queries are not useful due to the fact they favorize people that paid money to gain more levels in Steam Community, hence said group is elevated over ones that did not put their money into levelling on said service.

In order to find one's profile on Steam, the best way to do so is to have the URL of it. For a person wishing to be found: go to the settings of the Steam desktop application (if you access Steam in your browser, then the URL is displayed on default), choose Interface and enable "Display Steam URL address bar when available". Then go to your profile and copy said URL of your profile and paste it onto the message or commentary directed to the other person. Never reveal your sign in name to anyone, that is needed only for you. The name of your profile is different than your URL, which has various forms. There is the custom URL that anyone can set up on their own, like id/example/ or numeric URLs of SteamID32/64. The alternate way is to join a group with fewer members (so that the chance of having someone else with your nickname is much lower) like Mount and Siege and have one search the member list of it by entering your name on Steam (not to be confused with the URL).

That is everything I wanted to convey; I hope you will find the one you are looking for!

Regards,

Veledentella

• BlackDeath and Joss like this

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

pls you really didn't had to :o

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

It was not a problem for me; I hope it helps someone.

• BlackDeath likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users