Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Balloon (and not only) control

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

Hello everyone. This topic has been annoying me for quite some time. So: the control of the balloons is a joke. I don't even know where to start. First, the player must turn the camera while controling a ballon, so that the control is made only by one hand. it's not a problem, but keep in mind that You will never be able block arows with shield or   fly up or down to dodge arrows and avoid hitting a building or just see envirment around you if you dont use mouse. 

You can't change flight altitude and drop bombs in the same time because B and N are adjacent keys.

One more thing: aiming is just useless in bad way. Well, there's no way you can see where the bomb will fall, And the bomb has a rather non-obvious damage zone (it's, let's be honest, very small). For god's sake, increase the bomb damage, I beg. It looks comical when a giant bomb falls on someone's head, and it just knocks them off their feet. If this is the effect of the fact that the bomb did not hit, and the enemy was just l in the explosian area, then increase the zone or damage. The balloon is a very clumsy machine. Make its skillful use more rewarding.

Let's get back to control. I doubt that this is hard to change in the  mod settings. As a last facility, if this is not possible, tell me how I can change control buttons for myself. Here is a photo showing what the hand looks like when controlling the balloon. It's awkward, impractical and a little bit painful.

Please make this possible to change control buttons. Thank you

c699sJd.jpg

• nina and Umbuz like this

whore

whore

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 103 posts
  • LocationYour mom
yeah lets not do that. i tought about this too when i was a nooby but i realised that the baloon would be too op if it were easy to control. also i have killed 5+ people with one bomb i think the bomb is strong enough. learn to aim with the bomb and you wont have this problem

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

yeah lets not do that. i tought about this too when i was a nooby but i realised that the baloon would be too op if it were easy to control. also i have killed 5+ people with one bomb i think the bomb is strong enough. learn to aim with the bomb and you wont have this problem

You're wrong. The balloon is easy to destroy, you are easy to kill while you are in the balloon. To avoid this, you need to fly to a higher altitude and then you have increases the difficulty of succesfully drop the bomb. The balloon is clumsy. The balloon has only five bombs and you must either destroy itl and wait for a new one to spawn, or fly to the special area to resupply the bombs, which takes a lot of time. I'm not new in controling ballons. For months now, I've been getting the balloons as soon as the match starts on a suitable map. The balloons needs changes. Even if there are no changes to the damage and damage area of the bombs, then changing  the control keys or leting players do it for themselfs

• Umbuz likes this

Dacket

Dacket

hey u

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 100 posts

you don't need to press shift or b constantly -- if u reached the height u needed, you are able to block freely

• Umbuz likes this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

you don't need to press shift or b constantly -- if u reached the height u needed, you are able to block freely

"You can't change flight altitude and drop bombs in the same time because B and N are adjacent keys"

I already mention this but if you need something more convincing here is prooves:

There is two  most popular maps with balloons- Oro Mine and Salis Vila.

Oro mine has a tower with ballista and hills where archers can hide. in 90% matches ballista using to destroy balloon and because map is not huge- you can't dodge projectile with confidence. You can't drop bombs, maneuver, change the height and rotate the camera at the same time. If someone decided to kill you- you dead because you cant control your ballon efectively.

Salis Vila is same situation but even worse. Map is very huge but all the action takes place inside two very small "zones" in one of which there is a small tower with a launcher. The main problem is that the launcher shoots a bullet. Yes, bullets from firearms that kill you or your balloon in a second if they hit...(ball?) The bullets fly instantly, in a straight line, and are already exactly faster than the balloon. The player on the balloon is forced to be at a minimum distance from the launcher to kill players, which means that he is finished if they decide to shoot him. He simply does not have a chance to maneuver, change altitude and try to drop a bomb on the attacking player or at least on random players below while he tries to save himself from bullets.

Literally only map when you dont need to  control your balloon by pressing B and even arrow keys(sometime) is Midlley Madley. This map is huge enough to avoid ballista near castle and launcher in forest.

• Umbuz likes this

why-am-i-ghe?

why-am-i-ghe?

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 46 posts

"You can't change flight altitude and drop bombs in the same time because B and N are adjacent keys"

I already mention this but if you need something more convincing here is prooves:

There is two  most popular maps with balloons- Oro Mine and Salis Vila.

Oro mine has a tower with ballista and hills where archers can hide. in 90% matches ballista using to destroy balloon and because map is not huge- you can't dodge projectile with confidence. You can't drop bombs, maneuver, change the height and rotate the camera at the same time. If someone decided to kill you- you dead because you cant control your ballon efectively.

Salis Vila is same situation but even worse. Map is very huge but all the action takes place inside two very small "zones" in one of which there is a small tower with a launcher. The main problem is that the launcher shoots a bullet. Yes, bullets from firearms that kill you or your balloon in a second if they hit...(ball?) The bullets fly instantly, in a straight line, and are already exactly faster than the balloon. The player on the balloon is forced to be at a minimum distance from the launcher to kill players, which means that he is finished if they decide to shoot him. He simply does not have a chance to maneuver, change altitude and try to drop a bomb on the attacking player or at least on random players below while he tries to save himself from bullets.

Literally only map when you dont need to  control your balloon by pressing B and even arrow keys(sometime) is Midlley Madley. This map is huge enough to avoid ballista near castle and launcher in foIf you can

If you don't know how to control ballon SHUT UP.

the controls are PERFECT.

​You just need some practice on ballon.

• whore and Slavemaster like this

Slavemaster

Slavemaster

• Banned
  • 4 posts
What Is Acupuncture?

Acupuncture is an age-old healing practice of traditional Chinese medicine in which thin needles are placed at specific points in the body. It's primarily used to relieve pain but also has been used to treat other conditions. Depression, Anxiety, Mania, Ocd, Odd, Adhd and Fragile X Sydrome.

oDNKywf.png

why-am-i-ghe?

why-am-i-ghe?

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 46 posts

What Is Acupuncture?

Acupuncture is an age-old healing practice of traditional Chinese medicine in which thin needles are placed at specific points in the body. It's primarily used to relieve pain but also has been used to treat other conditions. Depression, Anxiety, Mania, Ocd, Odd, Adhd and Fragile X Sydrome.

oDNKywf.png

What is acupunctures relation here??

why-am-i-ghe?

why-am-i-ghe?

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • 46 posts

BTW just telling I am able to get 8-9 kills with just 5 bombs in balloon and most of the time not die.

>I mostly die in balloon coz of ballista.

>I am able to fly and throw bombs and use shield at same time.

I really don't understand what the issue is

Everything with balloon is fine.

Admins ignore her

• whore likes this

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio

Hello everyone. This topic has been annoying me for quite some time. So: the control of the balloons is a joke. I don't even know where to start. First, the player must turn the camera while controling a ballon, so that the control is made only by one hand. it's not a problem, but keep in mind that You will never be able block arows with shield or   fly up or down to dodge arrows and avoid hitting a building or just see envirment around you if you dont use mouse. 

You can't change flight altitude and drop bombs in the same time because B and N are adjacent keys.

One more thing: aiming is just useless in bad way. Well, there's no way you can see where the bomb will fall, And the bomb has a rather non-obvious damage zone (it's, let's be honest, very small). For god's sake, increase the bomb damage, I beg. It looks comical when a giant bomb falls on someone's head, and it just knocks them off their feet. If this is the effect of the fact that the bomb did not hit, and the enemy was just l in the explosian area, then increase the zone or damage. The balloon is a very clumsy machine. Make its skillful use more rewarding.

Let's get back to control. I doubt that this is hard to change in the  mod settings. As a last facility, if this is not possible, tell me how I can change control buttons for myself. Here is a photo showing what the hand looks like when controlling the balloon. It's awkward, impractical and a little bit painful.

Please make this possible to change control buttons. Thank you

c699sJd.jpg

Key rebinding :hammer:   is possible, especially in gaming keyboards and that may solve or at least help half the equation of this post; :linux 1: search on mapping keys as I think even in Windows this is possible. Another option may be to acquire a gaming mouse with at least two profiles on it; the buttons on these CAN be binded to keys. When playing on the TG servers, I use two profiles; one of these profiles is dedicated to Siege Weapon use and so in allowing THAT, I can use the keyboard in conjuction with the mouse buttons of that specific profile, which making the utilization of the Siege Weapons more efficient and much less awkward and cumbersome :banane: . Hope this helps you in some way, Anny. Salute!!

• Umbuz likes this
My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

Key rebinding :hammer:   is possible, especially in gaming keyboards and that may solve or at least help half the equation of this post; :linux 1: search on mapping keys as I think even in Windows this is possible. Another option may be to acquire a gaming mouse with at least two profiles on it; the buttons on these CAN be binded to keys. When playing on the TG servers, I use two profiles; one of these profiles is dedicated to Siege Weapon use and so in allowing THAT, I can use the keyboard in conjuction with the mouse buttons of that specific profile, which making the utilization of the Siege Weapons more efficient and much less awkward and cumbersome :banane: . Hope this helps you in some way, Anny. Salute!!

It may help, yes. Tell me, please, in more detail, how can I assign one key to another?

Umbuz

Umbuz

Elite Member

• Ex Staff
  • 138 posts
  • LocationUmbuzia

KpyqgP4.jpg

• Aratar, Dacket, Mikhail and 6 others like this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

It may help, yes. Tell me, please, in more detail, how can I assign one key to another?

Nevermind. I found information

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Hanibanani

Hanibanani

• 9 posts

When you can't melee for shit so you have to use baloon but you are still shit at using that as well.

• Aura* and 13estWily like this

yrod

yrod

Elite Member

• 188 posts

Did not read anything in this thread but understand what Anny talks about: I have long fingers as pianist but still it's focken hard to manage Balloon or Ballista with one hand to be able to keep mouse and control view

• Umbuz likes this

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio

Nevermind. I found information

Great that you found info, Anny! I never really looked into it in great depth, but I do know it exists in various platforms so to speak. I've always wanted to know if there was an easy way to substitute NeoGK Siege weapon controls with different keys than what's already set forth in the program.

• Umbuz, Iceqatius and Lag_Queen like this
My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users