Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Clan War rules (old)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 693 posts
  • LocationOz

Check 'em here: New rules to make a CW event

• SideStrafe, KHAN-ScourgeOfGod, iphonechom. and 2 others like this

Parzival

Parzival

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 444 posts
  • LocationSaltus Teutoburgensis

I value your effort and a lot of this surely helps prevent CWs turn out foul, but there are two points of criticism for those changes:

1. Fixing the very roster for one CW in advance never works, mostly because there are always unexpected presences or absences - everyone who has played for a clan here will know that. Furthermore, clans should be allowed to make use of anyone in their squad, not only of certain people.

In practice, it is fairly impossible to determine and post the exact roster for a battle before it takes place. That is not different in legit Warband, therefore clans must publish official member lists for competitions and only the players mentioned there may participate in tournaments. However, you have already taken care of this aspect by making memberlists on the forum mandatory for clans.

2. One month is too long a forced 'protection period', the common player will expect to be allowed to fight for his team earlier. This rule will generally make clan memberships less attractive and thus rather hinder higher level gameplay in TG. Limiting this period rather to one week would be my suggestion here.

I see the purpose of keeping randomly joined members and mercenaries out of CWs, but remember that with the new system clan leaders already have to update their lists for every new recruit in particular. Along with the short, but not offputting entrance period, having to do this for every 'spontaneous' participant should be reason enough to be cautious with bandwagon clan members.

I hope you consider these points to replenish the rules.

• Daki likes this

Daki

Daki

Legendary Member

• Ex Staff
  • 261 posts
  • LocationCroatia

I value your effort and a lot of this surely helps prevent CWs turn out foul, but there are two points of criticism for those changes:

1. Fixing the very roster for one CW in advance never works, mostly because there are always unexpected presences or absences - everyone who has played for a clan here will know that. Furthermore, clans should be allowed to make use of anyone in their squad, not only of certain people.

In practice, it is fairly impossible to determine and post the exact roster for a battle before it takes place. That is not different in legit Warband, therefore clans must publish official member lists for competitions and only the players mentioned there may participate in tournaments. However, you have already taken care of this aspect by making memberlists on the forum mandatory for clans.

2. One month is too long a forced 'protection period', the common player will expect to be allowed to fight for his team earlier. This rule will generally make clan memberships less attractive and thus rather hinder higher level gameplay in TG. Limiting this period rather to one week would be my suggestion here.

I see the purpose of keeping randomly joined members and mercenaries out of CWs, but remember that with the new system clan leaders already have to update their lists for every new recruit in particular. Along with the short, but not offputting entrance period, having to do this for every 'spontaneous' participant should be reason enough to be cautious with bandwagon clan members.

I have to agree. Mostly I agree with second thing.

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 693 posts
  • LocationOz

I appreciate constructive criticism and thank you for giving me your opinion. I value it.

About the first point: I can agree with you. It is hard to keep a rigid roster, mainly because peoples' schedules do not always fall on the same page. At first I thought it would only bring benefit since most things are settled and agreed upon before the actual clan war, leaving little to no room for wild variables to give birth to chaos. I can see your point and I tend to agree.

However, the second part is where you and I go on different roads. One month is neither too long, nor too short of a period to test a future member's patience and loyalty. As a clan leader, you have to keep a stable roster of active players and weed out the rest. To do that, you cannot take everybody that enters your clan for granted (one week is too little time to judge the valor of a player). If they stay long enough by your side and get used to the clan, they will not let go easily and that means quality membership. That is what I'm trying achieve here: "higher level gameplay in TG"

• Parzival and Daki like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users