Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

**TG_Captain_Battle** Event with new features

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

Hi guys,

Today we are testing new features on our Battle server  (new name is **TG_Captain_Battle**).

King Arthur prepared a new feature that allows you to contol 10 bots, wearing same weapons as you.

We want to check if everything is Ok, so please help us testing during the event.

Time:  7 pm GMT  (London time)

Server: **TG_Captain_Battle**

Max players: 20-30

Rules: You can lead 10 bot, wearing same stuff as you. (it means 20-30 players + 200-300 bots on one map)

Maps:  Open space big maps.

Our expectations: testing gold settings, troop limits and server performance

See you there !  Make our battle server great again :D

P.S.  learn commands from singleplayer :)

• Aeneu, KingArthur, Strawberry and 11 others like this

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

So,

We tested new features with 18 players,   9 vs 9  and 180 bots.

Battle looks really interesting,  believe me.  Next Sunday i will record it.

Some pics:

xTo5B5K.jpg

u6NfcQx.jpg

8pg8Fx8.jpg

• Aeneu, BlackDeath, Aratar and 6 others like this

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts
  • Locationthe CEO of N-word

Do you have different banners?

Pêche

Pêche

Legendary Member

• Supporter
  • 230 posts
  • LocationBelgium

I already tested it yesterday and it is pretty cool but the bots (archers) are just overpowered. I mean they can attack you at more than 300m-400m (and touch you sometimes). Less than 50m they everytime touch you and 50% of the time they OS you  :crazy:

Otherwise it is really good. Remind me the time when i played in competitive and on the LGN_Event  :wub:

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Mister_Crêpes

Mister_Crêpes

Legendary Member

• 268 posts
  • LocationSpain, the land of machos

It's a very good idea to include a game mode where the strategy factor really matters and where you gotta use more your brain than your mouse/keyboard skills.

• BlackDeath, White_Potato and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

Don't - add - a - ladder - in - maps...  :rolleyes: ^_^ 

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

Double bots number,  7 vs 7 + 280 bots

xZOq9cM.jpg

• Aeneu and Mister Majcher like this

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 693 posts
  • LocationOz

I played a bit today. They complained about the maps being 'broken' in the sense that bots get stuck in corners. That's the effect of missing AI mesh.

The idea of captain battle is great but we need more open maps for this and maps with full pathfinding nonetheless.

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

KA is just testing it. Its like pre alpha.  All maps need to be fixed,  few bugs, game settings etc. A lot to do.

When we will handle this problems,  we want to make a tournament with stream on youtube.  5 vs 5 + bots. Roleplay battles with strategy elements.

Maybe some prizes :)

Horatius

Horatius

Ancient Member

• Ex Staff
  • 1411 posts
  • LocationBannerlord Heaven
Warband bots are shit; they always aim for your head but don't calculate that your hitbox can have different forms. So when you look down, they won't hit you 90% of the time. If you look at it, this way players can only be taken out by players. If you fiddle somewhat around with your bots, you can attack bots in the back without them attacking you.
-Bots are too shitty to perform anything.
  • noodle likes this

Aratar

Aratar

Furor Anatolicus

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 631 posts
  • LocationTea Party
Autobots roll out
  • Waska likes this

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts
  • LocationBiased Admins Heaven

Some player were claiming it's better to add some time before the round starts, some of them were unable to play first round because they didn't had the chance to equip fast enough or joined server later than others when map restarted. Overall it's nice, i had no lags with 25 players on, i dont know about others.

• The_Pagan_Pablitop_Brother, Lenna, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and 1 other like this

giphy.gif

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

add Khergit Khanate pls

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 693 posts
  • LocationOz

I played a bit tonight and I gathered some info from the players and the server that might help.

First of all, some players think the number of rounds is too big for one map.

After losing 2 times in a row they start leaving because the next map plays after 5 rounds.

Secondly, the equipment is not always right. For example a vaegir archer player with falchion will have bots with maces.

Another example is a vaegir infantry player who buys javelins while his bots get default equipment.

The server shows, understandably, signs of strain with player amounts above 10. At some point I couldn't even switch weapons or attack.

Several other players confirmed they are experiencing the same thing.

Captain battle is becoming pretty popular (I saw a certain "this is the best server" comment) so I say we could go for a separate machine running the mod if we have the budget.

If that's not possible I suggest cutting either the number of player slots or the number of bots per player for a smoother experience.

Lastly, the server spat out some script error codes (which doesn't happen too often) during the Hastings map.

That probably eats some extra CPU for nothing. It should be looked into.

It happened at around 8 PM GMT +0 (searching the logs for case-sensitive "OP" or "script" might prove helpful).

• BlackDeath, Aratar, Elary and 2 others like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

The server shows, understandably, signs of strain with player amounts above 10. At some point I couldn't even switch weapons or attack.

Several other players confirmed they are experiencing the same thing.

I see also that since this battle started, siege server is suffering harder lag than before, so I agree if could be possible set less bots or players in this server. Think that only 10 players playing in battle shouldn't be causing for +120 players suffering worst lag in siege than before.

ps: I know that this new battle game mode is testing still, so I'm suggesting only

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio

I see also that since this battle started, siege server is suffering harder lag than before, so I agree if could be possible set less bots or players in this server. Think that only 10 players playing in battle shouldn't be causing for +120 players suffering worst lag in siege than before.

ps: I know that this new battle game mode is testing still, so I'm suggesting only

Ahhhhh,I wondered what was going on......was blaming my pc and wasn't understanding why I was getting choppy movents and play in Siege.

My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Ok.

I reduced max team points from 5 to 3.

About wrong equipment i know that, and should be fixed now.

About lag. I can't lower the bots, with more than 15 players they're 10. I monitored the battle cpu and it was 70-75% with 23 players. The problam could be that the server is running it on the same core. The only thing i can try is to start that process on a separate core. Our server is strong enough to run many games but it needs to be optimized.

I looked into logs for that error, but there isn't. Probably it was an error on client triggered by the server. I need to know the exact error to be able to fix it.

Thanks.

• BlackDeath, LizardWizard and Lenna like this

LizardWizard

LizardWizard

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 693 posts
  • LocationOz

I need to know the exact error to be able to fix it.

I'll take a screenshot next time I see it.

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts

Just now am playing it......the 1st 2 rounds were good playability,but now everyone's ping went to 3 times more and ofc,everyone is having severe lag. There was only about 4 players  on each team. Played about 4 hours ago, and was experienced the same thing; the 1st two maps, things were good (there was about 6-7 players on each team then, after those 1st 2 maps, when playability was becoming unbearable, players dropped off and the ping and lag issued remained even as there were only 3 players on each team then.

Edited by Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight, 03 April 2018 - 09:15 AM.

• Aratar likes this

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts

Also to note, didn't see the script errors that Lizard Wizard mentioned of both the times I stated in the above times I played that my comment before this one is about. I did have the script errors when Lizard Wizard said, I was playing when he was playing at the time; I even had video of them, but I deleted those videos. Sry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users