Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Everyone hates the following maps: (closed - maps disabled)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Bread

Bread

• 14 posts
  • LocationStores

Neigh Sayers

Snowy Village

Duel Games

Battle of the Titans

It's great that some of these were made by admins (or so i've been told), but that does not constitute a good map. Every time any of these maps come up there's a myriad of complaints. Neigh Sayers wouldn't be too bad if half the spawn points weren't 2 miles away from the middle where most everyone else is. Everyone would love for these to be removed, unless you're that one guy who loves Cav spam.

• Highly_Adv_Nob and noodle like this

biYFrn2.jpg

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

Hmm, I will wait for "everyone" supporting your idea before think to remove any...  agree? ^_^

BamBam

BamBam

Ancient Member

• 326 posts

I do not particularly enjoy Snowy Village, but I don't hate it. I can't recall which one Neigh Sayers is. I love Duel Games. I hate Battle of the Titans. I just don't like the rainy environment and its over the top cav dominance.

My main issue though is not the maps themselves, it's that we only ever get to play in a handful. For example, we rarely get to play in The Colosseum, The Village, Watch Your Steps, and The Canyon. The voting system tends to work when people really hate the map and want to vote out of it. Otherwise, they'll just see it as an annoyance and try to get rid of it; at least that's my take. A good solution would be to count non-voters as Yay-sayers just to make them actually express their opinion. If they don't vote it means they agree with the status quo but do not bother voting. So the fear of loosing the status quo to a map announced in the vote would make them vote NO. And if them not voting indicates their indifference then so be it, they won't care either way.

And why not just give all maps a chance? If people don't like it they'll vote to leave. In very rare cases where The Canyon pops up people just vote to leave and it instantly happens.

• BlackDeath, Belligerent_Drunk, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and 1 other like this

Princess_Zumba

Princess_Zumba

Popular Member

• 71 posts
Also it would be great that one faction is always swadia, and the other comes randomly, something like on ludus, cause people tend to poll a lot if there is no swadia to choose
  • Highly_Adv_Nob, Dusan, Aura* and 1 other like this

Highly_Adv_Nob

Highly_Adv_Nob

Elite Member

• 113 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

The "Battle of Titans" map is poorly designed, at least for this server. Since there are no limitations for any class, infantry becomes obsolete because of cavalry/archer spam. Those two giants serve no purpose, they are not fun and almost no one gives a damn about them. I think admins who have the authority of removing the maps from the game should see the reaction of players when "Battle of Titans" comes at rotation.  Not to mention that running around and chasing your kills on a deathmatch server is not very fun. Map is way too big, dull and depressing to look at honestly.

Snowy Village is also butt-ugly. There is a giant, overly sloped hill that gets dominated by archers and only about 40% of map is actually used. There is a huge area, at the other side of the famous barn (that majority of server spends the time in) that is not occupied by players. Everyone who spawns at that area runs at the other side of the map to get to the barn. Also there is a huge area behind the ugly looking hill that players avoid. 

If these two maps are constantly being polled to change, why keep them in the game?

I've never seen BlackDeath, Arthur and majority of other admins actually playing on deathmatch server and it would be great if you payed more attention. 

• Belligerent_Drunk, noodle and Vereesa like this

Highly_Adv_Nob

Highly_Adv_Nob

Elite Member

• 113 posts
  • LocationBehind you!

Also it would be great that one faction is always swadia, and the other comes randomly, something like on ludus, cause people tend to poll a lot if there is no swadia to choose

Yes, Swadia. Swadia is the only faction with straight, double edge-two handed swords and only faction (other than rhodoks) that resembles medieval European warriors. Khanate, Sarranids, Rhodoks, and Vaegirs are basically the same and use the same kind of weapons, Swadia is the most different but yet least played. 

• noodle likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

I've never seen BlackDeath,

And probably never will see me there...   I join always with a different name to "hunt" bad guys so...   be careful! :stab:

Btw I know what and how are maps in arena. I've edited many of them to fix some troubles in the past, so I know how they works.

Arena maps are for ALL TROOPS, not for infantry only, so if you are infantry by example and hate a horsemen hunting you constantly, should read The Art Of War book (by Sun-Tzu), and apply some bases...

• Infantry: strong but slow, maybe good in plain terrain even if is alone, but much better in groups against cavalry, etc...
  • Cavalry: fast and powerfull, but poor and bad in mountains and between forest/obstacles, etc...
  • Ranged: weak but precise and fast, good at high places (sniper) or at distance, bad in closed combat when is alone, etc...

What troop are you? what is your enemy? try to move at worst places for him+best for you at same time...  

bases... B)  :rolleyes:

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

But... don't forget, arena is not to practice strategy with/against other players, arena is mainly for fun, so don't expect so much from others about this...

If you want some more real, join siege :P

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Bread

Bread

• 14 posts
  • LocationStores

Well we can't have fun when our favourite classes are rendered useless and unplayable on particular maps.

But since its obvious a huge amount of players who regularly play on TG_Arena don't use these forums, I'll start collecting evidence to prove that the common consensus is that these maps aren't enjoyable.

• BlackDeath and noodle like this

biYFrn2.jpg

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts
  • Locationthe CEO of N-word

And probably never will see me there...   I join always with a different name to "hunt" bad guys so...   be careful! :stab:

Btw I know what and how are maps in arena. I've edited many of them to fix some troubles in the past, so I know how they works.

Arena maps are for ALL TROOPS, not for infantry only, so if you are infantry by example and hate a horsemen hunting you constantly, should read The Art Of War book (by Sun-Tzu), and apply some bases...

• Infantry: strong but slow, maybe good in plain terrain even if is alone, but much better in groups against cavalry, etc...
  • Cavalry: fast and powerfull, but poor and bad in mountains and between forest/obstacles, etc...
  • Ranged: weak but precise and fast, good at high places (sniper) or at distance, bad in closed combat when is alone, etc...

What troop are you? what is your enemy? try to move at worst places for him+best for you at same time...  

bases... B)  :rolleyes:

how am i supposed to move to a better position as infantry when i spawn in an open field with 4 horsemen charging at me at the same time 5 archers shooting at me from all sides from unreachable positions and all the infantry thats in the same position as me trying to kill me as well

• Aura*, Vereesa, Domates2 and 1 other like this

BamBam

BamBam

Ancient Member

• 326 posts

Why do people love Swadia so much? Is it the great swords?

• noodle likes this

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts

yes its the best weapon in the game and people are just used to it

• Princess_Zumba likes this

Snow Mexican

Snow Mexican

Popular Member

• 99 posts
  • LocationOn the Border of Canada and USA

All of these maps are good, but the spawns are too far away from the major action, for example, Neigh Sayers, its fun most of the time, but it gets really horrible when it spawns you 3 times in a row as far away from the village as possible and Khergit Horse archers are running around

BamBam

BamBam

Ancient Member

• 326 posts

All of these maps are good, but the spawns are too far away from the major action, for example, Neigh Sayers, its fun most of the time, but it gets really horrible when it spawns you 3 times in a row as far away from the village as possible and Khergit Horse archers are running around

Khergit horse archers are the ultimate scum. And they're so autistic that they won't let you go. Once they target you they have to finish it. And you can't run away!

Anyway, I feel like The Amphitheater and The Colosseum (except the spawns, which I find hilarious by the way) represent what a decent map should look like. Especially the former.

• Aura* and Vereesa like this

Bread

Bread

• 14 posts
  • LocationStores

As soon as Battle of Titans was on today, a poll was created the exact moment the map loaded in. Unsurprisingly, not even the Cav lovers could overrule the hate towards the map.SzKlCox.jpg

I tried asking for who disliked the map but im hated on the server so no one answered meTV7itY1.jpg

• Aura* likes this

biYFrn2.jpg

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts

so is you gonna add maps to rotation or do we have to keep asking

PĂȘche

PĂȘche

Legendary Member

• Supporter
  • 230 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Well people on TG_Arena only change the map to "The Arena"  :lol:

Princess_Zumba

Princess_Zumba

Popular Member

• 71 posts

But... don't forget, arena is not to practice strategy with/against other players, arena is mainly for fun, so don't expect so much from others about this...

If you want some more real, join siege :P

No fun in being spawned in the middle of nowhere, getting hit by 10 random arrows, and constantly getting  spanked from the faggy cavarly.

You should add more Arena- like maps.

Two caves, Two giants( or something like that), Duel games are a "no no", atleast for me.

Bread

Bread

• 14 posts
  • LocationStores

More proofs. The evidence is overwhelming and the people have spoken. Remove Battle of Titans or you have to admit you run a dictatorial government where democracy is dead.

v5ksfyi.jpgTWlGac5.jpgxhlQ2g9.jpgMany different people calling the map bad and cancer.

• Princess_Zumba likes this

biYFrn2.jpg

Elary

Elary

TG's BannerLady

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 531 posts
  • LocationBiased Admins Heaven

No matter how many maps are added , arena will be polled every time. the fact that you came complaining about other maps means u started to get bored of arena, even so you come asking for arena like maps. I don't know why but i think even those that would resemble arena would be hated and the original arena would be spamm polled again. This is the reason i dont play that much, it just gets boring.

• BlackDeath and Livso like this

giphy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users