Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Everyone hates the following maps: (closed - maps disabled)

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

how am i supposed to move to a better position as infantry when i spawn in an open field with 4 horsemen charging at me at the same time 5 archers shooting at me from all sides from unreachable positions and all the infantry thats in the same position as me trying to kill me as well

You were born to die...  this confirm the theory...  and shit happens ^_^

When the stage is the worst for the infantry (example in this case)... and you insist on continuing to play this role :lancer1:

CHANGE TROOP!!! :stab:

:P

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Bread

Bread

• 14 posts
  • LocationStores

But... don't forget, arena is not to practice strategy with/against other players, arena is mainly for fun, so don't expect so much from others about this...

If you want some more real, join siege :P

You were born to die...  this confirm the theory...  and shit happens ^_^

When the stage is the worst for the infantry (example in this case)... and you insist on continuing to play this role :lancer1:

CHANGE TROOP!!! :stab:

:P

A lot of us play infantry essentially exclusively because we don't find playing Cav or archers fun to play as. This is why we're complaining about the unbalanced maps. You can't say Arena is primarily for fun and then when we complain that particular maps aren't fun just tell us to essentially deal with it. By far the least liked map I listed is Battle of Titans. I've shown numerous people complaining about it (I can provide even more), it'd be much appreciated if its removed, or at least tweaked so its more balanced. Or perhaps making a limited amount of cav available for the map?

I honestly mean no disrespect to the creator(s) of the map. It has an interesting and unique aesthetic, but for game play just isn't viable.

biYFrn2.jpg

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Again... arena server is not an "exclusive-for-infantry" server, this server is for players can enjoy all troops.
If you don't like play as other troops it's your problem, but ofc there are many other players who like play cavalry and ranged, so at this point there aren't anything to discuss, sorry.

After I posted...

Hmm, I will wait for "everyone" supporting your idea before think to remove any... agree? ^_^

for a server which have +50 players online normally...   only 3 members answered supporting your idea and not totally, and one more posted a suggestion as idea to improve these maps instead of delete from server.

This is the response that I would like to see coming from players for who we admins give/dedicate our free time working here, for you can get fun ...simply.

About spawns, I will check to fix/change some when I have time to re-edit these maps.

Meanwhile try to get fun... even if you must change troop  :rolleyes:

ps: I know that not all players are members here to follow you, so again and sadly...   shit happens.

...one more, if you want desperately an exclusive server for infantry + Swadia + 2 hands Great Sword... make your own B)

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

About your proofs with the poll being won at start of Battle of Titans map, I bet it was won because the map size (for only 38 players at that time) instead other... 

...and only almost a half of players voted yes :hmm:

Bread

Bread

• 14 posts
  • LocationStores

Again... arena server is not an "exclusive-for-infantry" server, this server is for players can enjoy all troops.
If you don't like play as other troops it's your problem, but ofc there are many other players who like play cavalry and ranged, so at this point there aren't anything to discuss, sorry.

After I posted...

for a server which have +50 players online normally...   only 3 members answered supporting your idea and not totally, and one more posted a suggestion as idea to improve these maps instead of delete from server.

This is the response that I would like to see coming from players for who we admins give/dedicate our free time working here, for you can get fun ...simply.

About spawns, I will check to fix/change some when I have time to re-edit these maps.

Meanwhile try to get fun... even if you must change troop  :rolleyes:

ps: I know that not all players are members here to follow you, so again and sadly...   shit happens.

...one more, if you want desperately an exclusive server for infantry + Swadia + 2 hands Great Sword... make your own B)

No one is asking for an infantry exclusive server. We're asking for balanced maps where we can enjoy all classes (which you're saying the server is intended for). I accept that, but you're having maps where playing as a particular class is obsolete. Explain to me how that's fair for all classes. 

I'm not sure if you actually looked at my screenshots, but I provided evidence that as soon as the map loaded up, the majority wanted it gone. Additionally, there were others exclaiming their distaste of the map. Add that to the amount of people agreeing here and that's a fair amount of people. But since its clear that's not enough for you, I'll get more.

Also, I never claimed to want a infantry/2hand/swadia exclusive server. I don't even use 2 handed most of the time and nor do I play Swadia most of the time.

About your proofs with the poll being won at start of Battle of Titans map, I bet it was won because the map size (for only 38 players at that time) instead other... 

...and only almost a half of players voted yes :hmm:

Pure speculation on your part. My screenshot clearly showed the majority of the players wanting to get off that map. Finally, I also added some suggestions if the map weren't going to removed. Putting a cap on the amount of cav/archers would make it more balanced.

biYFrn2.jpg

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

My last post above wasn't for you only, it was an answer also for other members who joined this topic later, sorry if I didn't write it clear enough.

My screenshot clearly showed the majority of the players wanting to get off that map. Finally, I also added some suggestions if the map weren't going to removed. Putting a cap on the amount of cav/archers would make it more balanced.

Pure "speculation" from you? 18 from 38 is not a majority but...ok :rolleyes:

Limits in troops for arena never will be applied, sorry.

Bread

Bread

• 14 posts
  • LocationStores

Way to avoid addressing the majority of my post ^

If you guys aren't willing to come to some sort of compromise, tell me, or at least tell me what it'd take for you to actually do something so that I don't waste my time collecting evidence. Thanks.

biYFrn2.jpg

Aratar

Aratar

Furor Anatolicus

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 631 posts
  • LocationTea Party

maybe some democratic poll once a month ?

users with more than a year on forum vote 1-2 maps to remove for a while or replace for other map ? 

This is the answer from another topic, you can start another topic with a poll option and there, even those who didn't comment can vote. I don't think it's particularly necessary for it to be for members with a year presence. Let's not turn this into a 1 on 1 stand-off. Make another poll topic for a single specific map like Battle of Titans, and we will see the results. It's not gonna be the final result for sure, but it's good for knowing what's what.

Edited by Aratar, 12 July 2018 - 10:29 PM.

• BlackDeath, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and Bread like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

No one is asking for an infantry exclusive server. We're asking for balanced maps where we can enjoy all classes (which you're saying the server is intended for). I accept that, but you're having maps where playing as a particular class is obsolete. Explain to me how that's fair for all classes.

Hmm... Neigh Sayers, Snowy Village, Duel Games, Battle of the Titans...  all these maps are "balanced" for all classes...

They have nothing that particularly favors any particular class, why you complain about then? I can't get what is your problem... :dunno:

I know that some spawns are really far from "center" of map/fight, and for this I said that I will fix when I can.

In other way for example, The Arena is not a balanced map for cavalry really becaus its small size and closed space...   but nobody complain about it? :hmm:

Bread

Bread

• 14 posts
  • LocationStores

Hmm... Neigh Sayers, Snowy Village, Duel Games, Battle of the Titans...  all these maps are "balanced" for all classes...

They have nothing that particularly favors any particular class, why you complain about then? I can't get what is your problem... :dunno:

I know that some spawns are really far from "center" of map/fight, and for this I said that I will fix when I can.

In other way for example, The Arena is not a balanced map for cavalry really becaus its small size and closed space...   but nobody complain about it? :hmm:

Neigh Sayers is fairly balanced, my main issue with it is the fact that the spawns can be miles away. If you're serious about fixing it, It'd be much appreciated :D.

The other maps though (snowy village less so), it's very difficult for infantry to walk around without getting sandwiched by cav. They favour cav because of the wide open terrain. In fact, with Battle of the Titans, it is essentially entirely open terrain. At least with duel games there are some places where you can escape to, but with Titans there's only the hill (which takes a year to get up), but even then players will just kill you making even that impossible. It's simply not an infantry friendly map, as it renders infantry completely useless and unable to act, resulting in it not being very fun. This is why some of us are complaining, because we feel maps should be balanced, however when classes are made useless on particular maps, that means the map isn't balanced.

I have to disagree with your point of Arena. Personally, I think Arena is massively overplayed, but I do think its fairly balanced. It's not so big that players will have to walk a few minutes just to get where they need to go, which means Cav have less chance of spotting them. Archers have many good places for shooting but its compact enough that cav/infantry aren't completely left to the mercy of the shooter and can actually retaliate and approach them. Infantry can also be tagged by cav/archers. Overall it's fairly balanced. But you know, fair. Looter's loot is entirely infantry dominated. If you feel that should receive the same criticism since there's not enough space for cavalry, that's is completely fair and I'd support that.

Ultimately, Battle of Titans and Duel Games have too much wide flat terrain which makes cavalry dominate the entire map. Consequently, infantry is rendered near obsolete. With Neigh Sayers and Snowy Village, the main issues are that the spawns are too far from the centre. 

This is the answer from another topic, you can start another topic with a poll option and there, even those who didn't comment can vote. I don't think it's particularly necessary for it to be for members with a year presence. Let's not turn this into a 1 on 1 stand-off. Make another poll topic for a single specific map like Battle of Titans, and we will see the results. It's not gonna be the final result for sure, but it's good for knowing what's what.

This is a fair suggestion, I'll get on that, thanks :D

• Aratar and noodle like this

biYFrn2.jpg

Snow Mexican

Snow Mexican

Popular Member

• 99 posts
  • LocationOn the Border of Canada and USA

Could we remove one of the Arena maps from the rotation? 

• Bread likes this

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts
  • Locationthe CEO of N-word

arena is the foster child of tg, admins dont give a shit about it and refuse to make any changes because they dont play enough on it to understand how the changes could benefit it

arenas gameplay is much more dynamic than siege so maps get stale much faster and thats further aplified by how small and simple those maps tend to be

arena isnt just about winning, there are many ways to enjoy. Most players play as infantry, team and hang out or just play deathmatch. That vast majority is constantly harrased by the few cunts that choose to enjoy themselves by killing other players ain such a way as to not let them defend themselves (shooting them from across the map or landing a couched lance in someones back in the middle of a duel)

BD is too ignorant to see that arena isnt siege and any disscusion with him on this subject is like shouting at a wall

• Pyrrha, Princess_Zumba, Aura* and 1 other like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Maps disabled in arena:

• Neigh Sayers / Snowy Village / Duel Games / Battle of the Titans

Hope you can get enough fun still...

Could we remove one of the Arena maps from the rotation? 

Tell me name of map, and will be removed too...

which of these?

• Arena by Kilimanjaro
  • The Arena
  • Arena by romanii

• Bread likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

BD is too ignorant to see that arena isnt siege and any disscusion with him on this subject is like shouting at a wall

:loool: ... :wub: I love you too

• Pêche likes this

Pyrrha

Pyrrha

Ancient Member

• Community Waste
  • 381 posts
  • LocationPeche s Heart ♥

Also, why not take the map arena from Camelot it is awesome, it has flying dutchman, and balloons, and shops, and funny other features, but the server is always desert, why not take that map into TG Arena ?? :hmm:

Marcel

Marcel

Legendary Member

• 281 posts

Also, why not take the map arena from Camelot it is awesome, it has flying dutchman, and balloons, and shops, and funny other features, but the server is always desert, why not take that map into TG Arena ?? :hmm:

Ownership you fool !  ! !  !

• noodle likes this

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts
  • Locationthe CEO of N-word

in my ~50h on arena of kings in 2016 i had more fun than in ~400h on tg arena

it was because it had attention from admins and they didnt have a stick up their ass threateaning to ban everyone who said something about them

and people rarely did because everyone liked them (adolf)

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

:not:  no without permission of author/s

Adolf

Adolf

• Ex Staff
  • 18 posts
  • LocationIsrael

@noodle why u mentioned my name fool?

Fuck you

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts