Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Can we do something with Sarranids?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

It is horrible to play Sarranids vs most of the other factions, so can we at least try to change/improve something?

It is literally a waste of 20min of half of the players time when u have to attack on Vaegirs archers etc. It is fucking suffer. U die on 1 hit and u have to do like 2-4 hits to kill someone. Unfair, stupid and waste of time.

My proposal:

temporary improvements like low prices for better armors, maybe new stuff, maybe lower price for gun, maybe some better shields to see if it can help.

• Aratar, Timus_Hawkus, Aspasia and 4 others like this

Sega

Sega

Popular Member

• 73 posts
  • LocationCrimea
Swadia forever!
  • Highly_Adv_Nob, Wincest and Krusejdr like this
?Local Disk (C:)
└?Program Files (x86)
⠀└?steam
⠀⠀└?steamapps
⠀⠀⠀└?common
⠀⠀⠀⠀└?Mount and Blade: Warband
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀└?Skills
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀└⚠This folder is empty

Marcel

Marcel

Legendary Member

• 281 posts

The shields idea is beach ball sized nuts good. I would fucking appreciate if some other factions could have some sort of "stab" sword option too. :) 

HeiHo

HeiHo

Ancient Member

• 311 posts

I in fact like playing as Sarranid. I have good memories of that 2h sword they have. So that with javelins is quite much ok combo for me. Their archers are not bad either and their cavalry is worst after Swadia imo.

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

I have to say (my opinion as archer) that sarranids archers are better than vaegirs, they have better sword and fire arrows, so to me is not a problem helping my team to win as sarranid-archer and I like it. Also the 2h sword for sarranids, as HeiHo said, is good.

• DracoTheDragon and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

Mikhail

Mikhail

Legendary Member

• Server Admin
  • 225 posts
  • LocationESPAÑA
I agree with the proposal of the shields and to low the price of the best armours, yep. But I'm still thinking that sarranids are very powerful, you can kill a lot of enemies before dying.

Double handed sword/axe/maze and full throwing knifes = death
1h axe and shield with throwing weapons = death
Horse archer on sarranids is OP and cheap. And with fire arrows if you have neogk. If sarranid attackers play good against the vaegir archers they can win easily.
We can't forget the 2h stick of wood or kendo stick of Goku. Is so powerful too, but it takes more hits to kill the enemy.

I think it doesn't need any other change, just change the thought that they are bad because I remember won lots of times being attacker with sarranids, even with you attacking years ago
  • BlackDeath and MapMaker like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Remember... factions (whatever) are good if your team/players is/are good :rolleyes:

and it's not usual ofc... :viking2:  (+ ...players afk, other teamhitting each-other at back respawn as idiots instead help playing, and long etc. which doesn't help )

Hint: help against archers (for any faction)... use shields+push!!! ...avoid enemy infantry and go for them (ranged) even if can't kill any, you will disturb them and in this way you will help your infantry behind you ;)

• The_Knight_Who_Says_NI and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

Aratar

Aratar

Furor Anatolicus

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 631 posts
  • LocationTea Party

The thing is, Vaegir archers are surely better than Sarranid archers.

Here is why:

Attached File  Screenshot_77.png   239.88KB   2 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_78.png   252.85KB   1 downloads

Links for Vaegirs and Sarranids

You can see here that Vaegirs are 2 points better in Power Draw (which is a huge deal), but have 2 points less Ironflesh and 1 point less Strength to lower their advantage a bit. So in terms of shooting, Vaegirs are the best with bows, although they might have less health, but I'm not sure.

And here is the rest of the factions with bows:

Attached File  Screenshot_79.png   235.99KB   0 downloads Attached File  Screenshot_80.png   250.23KB   1 downloads

Links for Khergits and Nords

Might need to open new discussions.

WNL handled these inequalities this way. I think these changes are server sided, because back in the day when I hosted servers with modified weapons and armors (maybe stats, I don't remember it's been so long) anyone with Native module could join without troubles. Though I might be wrong, please correct me if I am.

This isn't a full analysis and I might have missed somethings, I tried to present facts, without much personal opinion. Please go further than me and join the discussion. Let me know if there's any other stats you want, or if you want me to make a more informative and detailed analysis with more stats in another topic.

I personally don't think we need to make any major changes. I played this game like how it was for years now, I didn't even had the idea to check these stats until now.

PS: Links are provided in the case I would have to delete the attachments in a future date.

Edited by Aratar, 03 March 2019 - 02:10 PM.

• BlackDeath, The_Knight_Who_Says_NI and Pepper like this

BamBam

BamBam

Ancient Member

• 326 posts

Just don't remove the two-handed kebab sword, I love it.

• Wincest, Mikhail, deformedgremlin and 1 other like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

@Aratar I know that Vaegirs have better settings/accuracy for archers (many time as archer so I've tested 100% all factions, and playing them I have better sensations shoting), but that I mean is that sarranids are better (to me) because fire arrows using neogk :)

• Aratar and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

DracoTheDragon

DracoTheDragon

Elite Member

• 118 posts

Here is why:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_77.png attachicon.gifScreenshot_78.png

You can see here that Vaegirs are 2 points better in Power Draw (which is a huge deal), but have 2 points less Ironflesh and 1 point less Strength to lower their advantage a bit. So in terms of shooting, Vaegirs are the best with bows, although they might have less health, but I'm not sure.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_79.png attachicon.gifScreenshot_80.png

Might need to open new discussions.

WNL handled these inequalities this way. I think these changes are server sided, because back in the day when I hosted servers with modified weapons and armors (maybe stats, I don't remember it's been so long) anyone with Native module could join without troubles. Though I might be wrong, please correct me if I am.

This isn't a full analysis and I might have missed somethings, I tried to present facts, without much personal opinion. Please go further than me and join the discussion. Let me know if there's any other stats you want, or if you want me to make a more informative and detailed analysis with more stats in another topic.

I personally don't think we need to make any major changes. I played this game like how it was for years now, I didn't even had the idea to check these stats until now.

PS: Links are provided in the case I would have to delete the attachments in a future date.

I would say the use of flaming arrows at least brings it close enough to say they are even!! Go PYRO!!!!

• Aratar and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

The_Knight_Who_Says_NI

The_Knight_Who_Says_NI

Old Shrubber

• Ex Staff
  • 583 posts
  • LocationIn my Shrubbery.

Here is why:

attachicon.gifScreenshot_77.png attachicon.gifScreenshot_78.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_79.png attachicon.gifScreenshot_80.png

Looking at those stats, Khergs archers really are the loosers in the end: 142 archery(?), no iron flesh.

Anyway, Warband is an unbalanced game , that's the way it is. Personally i'm fine with Sarranids; yeah it can be a challenge in Siege, just like Khergs. That's why i always play those factions.

Nothing more satisfying than laughing at  Nord team when they loose against pyjamas ...

i generally try to play them roleplay style: light armour (the second choice) , jarids, light shield, and those handy short axes. If shield break and jarids empty i try to pick up opponent stuff on battlefield.

• BlackDeath, Aratar and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this
Tis but a scratch

deformedgremlin

deformedgremlin

Legendary Member

• 232 posts
  • LocationDeformania

Sarranids worsest 

• Timus_Hawkus likes this

Mr_H is my one and only  :wub:  :wub:  :D  :D

20180108204916_1.jpg

White_Potato

White_Potato

Ancient Member

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 769 posts

Looking at those stats, Khergs archers really are the loosers in the end: 142 archery(?), no iron flesh.

Anyway, Warband is an unbalanced game , that's the way it is. Personally i'm fine with Sarranids; yeah it can be a challenge in Siege, just like Khergs. That's why i always play those factions.

I do it like you. But how long one can stand this?  Sometimes you have 3-4 maps in a row and you loos all of them because of chosing sarranigs/khergits.

• The_Knight_Who_Says_NI likes this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

By the way, the Saranid cavalry is probably the most boring in the whole game. It is not as bad as the Nords or Rods (but they have something special, for example, a morgenstern or an  cav axe) but not so good as Vaegirs or my lovely Swadia

Maybe they should add some kind of unique weapon or armor, i dont know.

Maybe I am mistaken, but for all the time I played, I had this impression

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Only for info, an example...

sometimes shit good happens ...when you have luck to play with good team (players) around: yesterday I was playing as attacker and Sarranids won 2-1 against Nords...

and Nords were defending :lol:

:lancer1: :viking2:

• Mikhail likes this

PĂȘche

PĂȘche

Legendary Member

• Supporter
  • 230 posts
  • LocationBelgium

I do it like you. But how long one can stand this?  Sometimes you have 3-4 maps in a row and you loos all of them because of chosing sarranigs/khergits.

Khergits are  weak, everyone knows that and this is one of the reason why there is no khergit faction in competitive tournament.

Secondly, as BD said, it depend if the team are balanced. If you put all players who have like 3000+ hours on M&B (as Sarra - in the attacking team) against a lot of New_Player (as Nords or Vaegir or Swadia etc.. - in the defending team) you will rarely/never win a round/map.

I have no problems to kill Swadians / Vaegirs / Nords / Rhodoks as Sarranids.

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

The_Knight_Who_Says_NI

The_Knight_Who_Says_NI

Old Shrubber

• Ex Staff
  • 583 posts
  • LocationIn my Shrubbery.

Ye sometimes  it can be frustrating to be in a loosing streak while your k/d ratio drops down in a very ugly way.

But really,

1 : One single victory on those nasty  chainmailed greatswords wielding-warbowfreaks  is worth it.

It means your team put some serious effort and reward is as big :) It's in  those moment that i enjoy teamplay the most.

3: bad cycle doesn't happen all the time.

2: it's just a game in the end. :)

Edited by The_Knight_Who_Says_NI, 05 March 2019 - 05:14 PM.

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this
Tis but a scratch

Pepper

Pepper

Popular Member

• 52 posts
  • LocationEngland

From my experience Sarranids aren't actually bad they're just generally bad on maps where they need to rely on their own defence, but that's more of the fault of player gearing choices more than anything else. If they can aggressively push easily they're pretty damn strong due to fast bows and heavy hits.

Sarranid Axes are insanely good tbh and if people geared more towards head armour they'd have an easier time. The 430 denar helmet can withstand a headshot, for instance, while the cheaper helmets are just terrible. I never gear a sarranid without it.

But yeah Sarranids have plenty of weaknesses, their archers are a bad matchup against most other archers as their bows lack punch to headshot good helmets. Fire arrows usually aren't worth it anyway due to the -10 ammo cap, meaning if you take two sets you're missing 20 arrows which imo is never worth it. The 2h sabre is really good too if you're good enough at avoiding archers.

I think they get a lot of hate which is usually just players not fully understanding their strengths. Their armour etc looks weak but if you spend your denars well you can make strong starter builds.

The main focus should be on Khergit if anything.

• BlackDeath, Aratar, The_Knight_Who_Says_NI and 4 others like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Fire arrows usually aren't worth it anyway due to the -10 ammo cap, meaning if you take two sets you're missing 20 arrows which imo is never worth it.

As archer, half of my gameplay time I'm looking for more arrows (left by the dead on the ground/floor) to never be "out of ammo" :D I like do this because it is an add for reality :)

:archery: :archer:

• Remono, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and HeiHo like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users