Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Arena DM Map without horseman

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

vikoking

vikoking

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Dears,

Could you please make 1 map where there are no horseman on death-match Arena server, only infantry & archer / crossbows.

.. Just wondering how DM would be without horseman, i think it's worth a try 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Please share your thoughts.

Regards,

Vik

• noodle, cev-trell, whore and 2 others like this

huj

huj

Popular Member

• 92 posts

there is such a map, its callled bad banquet where horses automatically die after spawning as a cav

if u played a bit longer u would notice it 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• vikoking, cev-trell and Marcel like this

vikoking

vikoking

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Aye i know this map, but what about a map what is more open, like the arena or the desert duels, some map like that ..

whoknows Â¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• cev-trell, whore, Umpuz and 1 other like this

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

There are two ways of preventing cavalry from being a vital part of the match, thereby precluding said class from being playable. The first way to do so is to enable class limit and the second option is just to create or introduce a map that would render the above-mentioned class unplayable, on which cavalry would spawn, but not play properly. The map called "Watch your Steps" is the example of implementing the latter way while the map named "Bad Banquet" is the example of implementing the former way, as therein all horses automatically die upon being spawned. On "Watch your Steps" it is possible to spawn as a horseman, but there are no barriers placed onto the ground, so that horses cannot climb the stairs etc. There are also some limiters therein that prevent horses from moving to certain areas.

Adhering to your questions, I am about to create the entire rotation for Arena and will make no map without cavalry being playable, as it constitutes the one-third of all classes available and without it the fighting would be just boring. The omnipresence of cavalry in the current rotation, however, is another issue that will be tackled by me, as maps should be designed to be balanced for all classes, not elevating cavalry over the other ones, thus making it overpowered.

• vikoking, noodle and cev-trell like this

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

No

• Joss, Mikhail, Jozi * and 1 other like this

vikoking

vikoking

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 156 posts
Well.. cannot argue with woman

- Closed
  • Pyrrha and cev-trell like this

Mikhail

Mikhail

Legendary Member

• Server Admin
  • 225 posts
  • LocationESPAÑA

deal with cavs as we all do!

as squirrel would say: b00b

• Joss, WingedSquirrel and cev-trell like this

vikoking

vikoking

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 156 posts
Damn backstabbing cavs are more annyoing than healing backstabbing b00b teocles on arena
  • cev-trell likes this

cev-trell

cev-trell

Legendary Member

• 290 posts

deal with cavs as we all do!

as squirrel would say: b00b

hi

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts
  • Locationthe CEO of N-word

There are two ways of preventing cavalry from being a vital part of the match, thereby precluding said class from being playable. The first way to do so is to enable class limit and the second option is just to create or introduce a map that would render the above-mentioned class unplayable, on which cavalry would spawn, but not play properly. The map called "Watch your Steps" is the example of implementing the latter way while the map named "Bad Banquet" is the example of implementing the former way, as therein all horses automatically die upon being spawned. On "Watch your Steps" it is possible to spawn as a horseman, but there are no barriers placed onto the ground, so that horses cannot climb the stairs etc. There are also some limiters therein that prevent horses from moving to certain areas.

Adhering to your questions, I am about to create the entire rotation for Arena and will make no map without cavalry being playable, as it constitutes the one-third of all classes available and without it the fighting would be just boring. The omnipresence of cavalry in the current rotation, however, is another issue that will be tackled by me, as maps should be designed to be balanced for all classes, not elevating cavalry over the other ones, thus making it overpowered.

How about increasing the price of horses so that a player has to actually do well to be able to afford one, especially an armored one.

Cavalry in this game is inherently unbalanced, a skilled cavalry player will have no problem with dispatching a even more skilled infantry player

Often times its impossible to get to a chill zone as infantry because every retard with a 0.5 kd can buy an a fucking tank on 4 legs and effortlessly trample every player in his way.

It completly sucks the fun out of the game when your trying to duel someone and some fucking chulito runs you over every 4 seconds

• vikoking, Ruf, Probang and 1 other like this

noodle

noodle

Elite Member

• 134 posts
  • Locationthe CEO of N-word

How about increasing the price of horses so that a player has to actually do well to be able to afford one, especially an armored one.

Cavalry in this game is inherently unbalanced, a skilled cavalry player will have no problem with dispatching a even more skilled infantry player

Often times its impossible to get to a chill zone as infantry because every retard with a 0.5 kd can buy an a fucking tank on 4 legs and effortlessly trample every player in his way.

It completly sucks the fun out of the game when your trying to duel someone and some fucking chulito runs you over every 4 seconds

Also spots like the flipped over cart with a ladder on arena should be limited to a minimum, when an archer gets up there its almost impossible to get to him without a shield, so all the infantry in his range has to dodge and weave until he runs out of ammo

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

There is nothing wrong with cavalry, prices, backstabing etc, as with  the other classes. Enough whining for a type of players you dont know how and don't like  to fight and just learn to play ffs.

vikoking

vikoking

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Mr. noodle i guess we just gotta learn to play after all  :dunno:

Marcel

Marcel

Legendary Member

• 281 posts

Explain me why you want this and I will make this happen. 

vikoking

vikoking

Elite Member

• Banned
  • 156 posts

Limiting cavs on maps like arena & desert duels would be the best solution prob let's say if theres 30 online 6 cavs max.

Sometimes theres 20 cav out of 40 players on the map and map is overcrowded with cavs, you either get backstapppppppd or hit and trampled and shit by them like every second . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

• Ruf likes this

Probang

Probang

Elite Member

• 148 posts

Absolutely right.

• noodle likes this

Apply cold water to burned area

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

Restrictions will not lead to anything good. People have the rights to play the way they want. If among the 40 peoples there are 20 cavalries, you just have to accept that half of the players WANTS to play cavalry. Why there is no claims to the situation when among 40 players there are 20 archers? Please, enough from time to time to raise these nonexistent topics. First, the limitations of the cavalry will never come into force. Secondly, there are maps where which infantry and archers have an advantage over cavalry.

Sory for bad English

Mister_Crêpes

Mister_Crêpes

Legendary Member

• 268 posts
  • LocationSpain, the land of machos

Nigga forget it, that would have catastrophic consequences:

giphy.gif

• BlackDeath, The_Knight_Who_Says_NI, Marcel and 1 other like this

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

People have the right to play as any class they want, it is the fault of maps that were not designed properly thereby being unbalanced for unmounted troops. There are awfully-designed - if little designed at all - maps like Frog's Lair that are literally hellish for said troops and limiting some players' choice is not a way to ensure the well-being of the other ones. What I would like to convey is, please, endure little more time. You have withstood at least two years with all these maps but one, that is The House, so it would be great if you survived at least a month. As I mentioned above, I am on my quest to create the entire rotation and the only thing now that prevents me from doing so is the temperature, as it currently is totalling 35 Celsius degrees outside. Since it is now 27,2 Celsius degrees inside my room, my gear that is older than Warband itself would terribly overheat when allowing me to make new maps, so I endeavour to cool my place down as much as possible. Once I am done with it, I will commence the process of delivering the peoples of Arena from this routine and stalemate. As far as posts on the cavalry class are concerned, constantly making them will not change anything when the nucleus of the issue stays unaddressed.

In the mean time, I would like to introduce a new member of our Arena family. Its name is Cheval de Frise and you will certainly like it and see it a lot. It has the ability to kill any horse that would impact it, as well as to prevent any from jumping above it.

Cheval-de-Frise.jpg

• Dacket, Mikhail, vikoking and 4 others like this

Pyrrha

Pyrrha

Ancient Member

• Community Waste
  • 381 posts
  • LocationPeche s Heart ♥

There is nothing wrong with cavalry, prices, backstabing etc, as with  the other classes. Enough whining for a type of players you dont know how and don't like  to fight and just learn to play ffs.

how can you say there is "nothing wrong" when noodle just described exactly what s wrong with it :hmm:

edit. : Camelot DM for exemple had a limit of cavfags and fagchers of 15%,

this was the best imo. but 30% would be fine already.

• vikoking and noodle like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users