Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Tutorial: How to create maps with NeoGK

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Lenna

Lenna

Popular Member

• 65 posts

Thanks. It was basically just some searching and copying & pasting (with some editing). Pretty fun, although a bit disappointing since only partially successful. I just wonder why they did not enabled those props in Warband map editor natively. They are all fully textured and majority of them also have physics object. It's a pity. Take that big stone dome-like structure. On one hand, its Outside object is available, but, on the other hand, its exact Inside counterpart is absenting. I heard (not sure if it's true) that the max amount of scene props, which can be initiated, is limited; so, maybe, they just wanted to save some spots for props potentially added by other mods subsequently…

aQnjcXe.jpg

Anyway, if someone has an idea about that native-compatibility fix, please write your suggestion. And if anyone is interested, I can share the compiled scene props list so you can test it by yourself (if that would be allowed eventually). Also, if anyone has ArmaÄŸan's e-mail, so we can contact TW directly, and ask them to patch the native-compatibility in 1.174 version, that would be nice too :).

• Aeneu, BlackDeath, Aratar and 2 others like this

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Really nice work Lenna. ;)

By what i know the new props must be added to module_scene_props.py to be available in mltiplayer. An example is the zz_active_point used by neogk, it's a new prop added to scene props. Or the cart added for the invasion mode.

• BlackDeath, Aratar, LizardWizard and 1 other like this

Aratar

Aratar

Furor Anatolicus

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 631 posts
  • LocationTea Party

Well, I'm just excited about the possibilities. Thank you for working on this.

• BlackDeath and Lenna like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

Lenna+KingArthur...:  :linux 1:    :linux 1:

We (who read this)...: :popcorn:

^_^

• Aeneu, Aratar and Helgisa like this

Kathrin

Kathrin

• 1 posts

What happened to the download link..?

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

What happened to the download link..?

Website is down for a while it seems, so keep trying with the link some time later, may be something temporary :dunno:

MapMaker

MapMaker

• 29 posts

I was thinking of making a map. Is there need or place for another map? I could maybe draw few sketches first for some feedback.

• KingArthur and BlackDeath like this

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly
Yes, there's always space for good.maps.
  • BlackDeath likes this

MapMaker

MapMaker

• 29 posts
Extremely rough sketch/idea
https://ibb.co/wcf4GjT

Castle is on hill, lower level is to be assaulted by ladder (Purple) or hacking through gatehouse (Blue x).
Then you move from ladder side to stairs (yellow) near which is keep accesible from higher inner side.
Alternative after hacking doors at gatehouse is to slowly ascend and then turn left and walk up hill to flag (red x).

Attacker spawn is S and defenders spawn from barracks at top of sketch (maybe keep on top of stairs Like on one map).
  • BlackDeath likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Extremely rough sketch/idea
https://ibb.co/wcf4GjT

EXTREMELY... I agree :D

You should start editing now :)

MapMaker

MapMaker

• 29 posts

So far it is

I intend to add flag in middle of top part and make defenders spawn in top room of keep

• BlackDeath likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Two things by now:

-Better close walls full around the castle, it's better than let it "open" by back, even if you think that maybe ok because there are limits in maps (some players "trolls" can glitch there)

-Try make map not too big, better is to do something medium size, and place spawns in good strategic points for each faction.

ps: if need more help with edition feel free to ask us :)

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Also, you should use this section in forward with your map's edition for better follow/help >>> https://community.tr...r-construction/

Helgisa

Helgisa

Elite Member

• 102 posts
  • LocationFalling down from a cloud

https://community.tr...r-construction/

Make a topic there ;)

Also to elaborate on BD's "not too big": you should make your current castle half the size, or atleast make half of the castle areas "usless". So people stick around the bits that are "essential". 

• BlackDeath likes this

MapMaker

MapMaker

• 29 posts
Few more question before I move topic:

Would size be fine if I removed everything between the stairs and lower level gatehouse (to make it narower)?

Should castles be on center od map or closer to edge but fully walled?

What are some good castles in siege I should look up to?

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

Few more question before I move topic:

Would size be fine if I removed everything between the stairs and lower level gatehouse (to make it narower)? <<< do what you think maybe ok, it's your map and your idea, later we will tell you how it is going and new hints to help if need, don't worry

Should castles be on center od map or closer to edge but fully walled? <<< both options maybe ok, but keep in mind close walls around if fit castle near map's limits

What are some good castles in siege I should look up to? <<< whatever with medium size is ok, you can looking for any similar at your idea, but try to make something new or fresh :)

• Helgisa and MapMaker like this

KingArthur

KingArthur

High Admin Emeritius

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 955 posts
  • LocationItaly

Some native maps like turin are good example of simple maps, well balanced and with an original design.

The position dependends by the map you want to build. If the map needs some meaningful envirnment, it can be placed a bit farther from center. But avoid to position it very close to bolder leaving 70% of the terrain empty without a reason.

• BlackDeath, Helgisa and MapMaker like this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts

According at what KingAthur and I we said above, I mean better medium size map, not only for castle (or builded things...) but for basic terrain size of map also :)

• MapMaker likes this

Elpingouin

Elpingouin

• 5 posts

Hey, I can't find a tutorial on how to make a three flag siege map. Do some veteran map makers have some informations and advices ?

Guest_Veledentella_*

Guest_Veledentella_*
  • Guests

Hey, I can't find a tutorial on how to make a three flag siege map. Do some veteran map makers have some informations and advices ?

I have literally browsed through every major site with NeoGK-augmented Native module forums and found nothing. The only person that can help here is KingArthur since his maps are the only ones to incorporate the three flag-system. The alternate way to find out is to reverse-engineer these maps, but one has to have their .sco file and I cannot find these entries in my respective Scene Objects folders across many modules.

Maybe KingArthur has not disclosed said information and uploaded his maps to the site in order to make them special and outstanding amongst the other sole flag-system ones?

• The_Knight_Who_Says_NI and Elpingouin like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users