Welcome to TrollGame Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

"Don't"...Fuck this community (title "edited" by BD)

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

For all:  a poll?... 2    :coffee:

ps: @James I've "changed" topic's title for better... and remember, don't feed the trolls!!! :rolleyes:

• EpicFail8221, Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight, Umbuz and 1 other like this

Ayna

Ayna

Advanced Member

• 32 posts

Don't listen to BlackDeath, feed us! TrollGame belongs to the trolls! :popcorn:

• whore likes this

BamBam

BamBam

Ancient Member

• 326 posts

I am still not convinced that James Martin is Ukrainian  :mellow: B)

Annabella Campbell

Annabella Campbell

Elite Member

• 160 posts

I cant believe  this topic is still alive

• Aregodas likes this

BlackDeath

BlackDeath

The Mongol

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 6073 posts
  • LocationFlying around in space

Don't listen to BlackDeath, feed us! TrollGame belongs to the trolls! :popcorn:

You are near to be kicked... this time forever... it's a warn! :heavy:

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight and huj like this

fuhfbk

fuhfbk

• 3 posts

imagine a poll being accepted, woah, saw this happen like 3 times in 3 or 4 years on this server, and every time poll was accepted there were like 50players online/

Joss

Joss

Spoiler

• Senior Ex Staff
  • 1518 posts

For all:  a poll?... 2    :coffee:

ps: @James I've "changed" topic's title for better... and remember, don't feed the trolls!!! :rolleyes:

damn makes blackdeath look like a mob boss

• BlackDeath likes this

Saddoveanu

Saddoveanu

Ancient Member

• Server Admin
  • 367 posts

damn makes blackdeath look like a mob boss

Damn it Joss, I read through the whole thing, thinking it's a current issue and without checking the dates :rolleyes:

Really though, getting mad about kick polls is ridiculous. Unless a reason is given, most people just press some random button to get the damn text off the screen - hence the high "accepted" percentages. It's almost a compliment, that someone would go through the effort and make a poll which they know very well will not pass.

• KingArthur, BlackDeath, Aratar and 2 others like this

Satan

Satan

• 24 posts
  • LocationHell

There won't be my passport scan. There's ukrainian emblem you can clearly see and our money. That's enough for proofs

Youre Ukrainian?

Be a hero and stand up im talking to every soul out there

no matter what culture, color or anything im always there

for people, who want to be good people, who help the weak

and the poor, who help honest without anything in return.

Posted Image

If I give you my hand, will you take it?

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio

Damn it Joss, I read through the whole thing, thinking it's a current issue and without checking the dates :rolleyes:

Really though, getting mad about kick polls is ridiculous. Unless a reason is given, most people just press some random button to get the damn text off the screen - hence the high "accepted" percentages. It's almost a compliment, that someone would go through the effort and make a poll which they know very well will not pass.

Maybe getting mad about kick polls is ridiculous, being annoyed by them being done isn't ridiculous. Within this month, I know admins, myself included, have had to reprimand poll kickers, and even to the extent of disabling the Kick Player Poll option on each server except maybe two out of our five. As far as my philosophy here as an admin, our purpose is to keep respectable players on our servers, even the trolling players who DON'T BREAK the server rules deserve to be here and remain to be.

We admins, have had validated complaints on bullying by player poll kicking on at least two of our five servers, Captain Battle and the Invasion servers, simply because a player or players didn't want a player there for no server breaking rule reason; for this reason alone, new players who come to experience our servers won't return and veteran players to our servers can be deterred from staying or even promoting troll-game servers in a praise worthy and positive way. When population is low on any of these servers, an accepted poll is much much more abundant and it's also at this time that new players experience our servers; I know this, because I am very often on the servers at this time and have witnessed and even asking players that I don't recognize if they are new.

Now, let me mention the annoyance of a Player Poll Kick on a player who has reached the limit of being KICKed because of the Auto Kick implemented in our servers and the next KICK that is made on them results in the Auto Ban duration of 1 hour; the player receiving that last KICK's consequence happening because a Poll Kick was made on them, very likely received the previous Kicks because of accidental team kills most likely because of siege weapon use, which should be used by players because the weapons are placed on the map to balance the map. A very high percentage of this Poll Kick abuse is done; it's very unfair and undeserving .

So, imagine you are a new player of a few days on any of our servers and are excited about the experience you will have after installing our NeoGK mod patch and are using a siege weapon and they reach the limit of team kill Kicks and then a Player Poll Kick is made on them in ANY of the instances I have expressed in this post, because a Kick on a player can last in a 72 hour time span per server, that Player Poll Kick gets accepted; now, that player for no valid reason of that final Player Poll Kick can't play on our server for an hour. As a community, players need to be respectful of all players that play troll-game servers and as admins, we need to be aware and responsible of polls being made and apply disciplinary measures as needed; this includes excessive map polling also.

• BlackDeath and ICA_Gazz like this
My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

ICA_Gazz

ICA_Gazz

Advanced Member

• 37 posts
  • LocationScotland

I find it funny when people kick poll me because they are normally just annoyed honestly. Example of this being an hour and a bit ago. :D

• Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight likes this

Aregodas

Aregodas

Elite Member

• Ex Staff
  • 146 posts

Well, I must admit that who opened this post was trully eager to give his point of view. I canĀ“t believe he just answered every comentary for three pages, serious or lame ones. Will have to create a summary x)

• Saddoveanu likes this

Saddoveanu

Saddoveanu

Ancient Member

• Server Admin
  • 367 posts

Maybe getting mad about kick polls is ridiculous, being annoyed by them being done isn't ridiculous. Within this month, I know admins, myself included, have had to reprimand poll kickers, and even to the extent of disabling the Kick Player Poll option on each server except maybe two out of our five. As far as my philosophy here as an admin, our purpose is to keep respectable players on our servers, even the trolling players who DON'T BREAK the server rules deserve to be here and remain to be.

We admins, have had validated complaints on bullying by player poll kicking on at least two of our five servers, Captain Battle and the Invasion servers, simply because a player or players didn't want a player there for no server breaking rule reason; for this reason alone, new players who come to experience our servers won't return and veteran players to our servers can be deterred from staying or even promoting troll-game servers in a praise worthy and positive way. When population is low on any of these servers, an accepted poll is much much more abundant and it's also at this time that new players experience our servers; I know this, because I am very often on the servers at this time and have witnessed and even asking players that I don't recognize if they are new.

Now, let me mention the annoyance of a Player Poll Kick on a player who has reached the limit of being KICKed because of the Auto Kick implemented in our servers and the next KICK that is made on them results in the Auto Ban duration of 1 hour; the player receiving that last KICK's consequence happening because a Poll Kick was made on them, very likely received the previous Kicks because of accidental team kills most likely because of siege weapon use, which should be used by players because the weapons are placed on the map to balance the map. A very high percentage of this Poll Kick abuse is done; it's very unfair and undeserving .

So, imagine you are a new player of a few days on any of our servers and are excited about the experience you will have after installing our NeoGK mod patch and are using a siege weapon and they reach the limit of team kill Kicks and then a Player Poll Kick is made on them in ANY of the instances I have expressed in this post, because a Kick on a player can last in a 72 hour time span per server, that Player Poll Kick gets accepted; now, that player for no valid reason of that final Player Poll Kick can't play on our server for an hour. As a community, players need to be respectful of all players that play troll-game servers and as admins, we need to be aware and responsible of polls being made and apply disciplinary measures as needed; this includes excessive map polling also.

As admins we're different people and hold slightly different opinions on this. I still believe kick (and map) polls rarely warrant admin intervention. There are situations when intervention is required; as you mentioned, that is when no-reason kick polls have actual chances of success - in low-pop/non-siege servers. Also you are correct, in that "annoyance" is actually a subjective thing and works differently for different people; same goes for "offensive"; these things cannot be quantified. This means that someone's annoyance isn't automatically an admin's job to fix; admins will use their (also subjective) judgement and might arrive at different conclusions. In my opinion, people should be able to deal with inconsequential kick polls.

However, if players are kicked/temp-banned because of siege engine TK, then good; people should be careful with those things. It doesn't really help with balance if siege engines cause many team kills; siege engines should be used primarily for breaking down the walls, not for indiscriminate firing on crowds. Sure, auto-kicked ppl might get annoyed; but what about players killed by trigger-happy "siege engineers" ?

• BlackDeath and Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight like this

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight

Night's Guardian

• Senior Admin
  • 476 posts
  • LocationUnited States,Ohio
However, if players are kicked/temp-banned because of siege engine TK, then good; people should be careful with those things. It doesn't really help with balance if siege engines cause many team kills; siege engines should be used primarily for breaking down the walls, not for indiscriminate firing on crowds. Sure, auto-kicked ppl might get annoyed; but what about players killed by trigger-happy "siege engineers" ?

The siege engines that cause a high percentage of team kills aren't the engines that break down walls; you're mainly speaking of the siege engines that I'm not and are essential to a map's balance or they would not even be put or added to the map.

And, what about players killed that run into a oil cauldron that was dumped? Players that run into a launcher being already fired? this instance happens often and even in both instances and even with a catapult for trolling players to purposely get team killed. What about in either of these instances, players to just troll or to troll the siege operator into being kicked? So, can we say that trolled poll kicks still need no admin intervention? We as admins, can not say this......again, think of the new player just coming to our servers, we want them to come back again and again and again; the players who have been on our servers, if they see that admins don't intervene, they will decide to leave and not return or advise other players to go elsewhere. We are to be about fairness. Where is the fairness in unnecessary poll kicks that can results in this?

How strange the timing of this discussion: Please read my very recent post in the Server Admin Journal Blacklisted subsection.

Edited by Chivalrous_Roamin_Knight, 26 August 2019 - 05:12 PM.

My Youtube Channel of TG Warband Content:
https://www.youtube....GOMiKUmeWO0DJIA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users